Do you tell the staff if the food isn’t good at a restaurant or do you just not eat it?

I feel like it’s rude.

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I just won't eat it.

Then, I'd blacklist that restaurant and, if I discover someone in my social circles thinking of going there, I'd warn them against it. If it's really that bad, I may report it on Yelp.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just don't eat it and never go there. If you open up a shitty restaurant in my country even then you are going to have a good time in business because there are so many people that your restaurant will tend to have customers at least to cover up your costs and usually restaurants here don't give a fuck about customers unless it's some expensive restaurant. Most of the food that is served in restaurants here is cooked in batches and is one or two days old sand sometimes situation is a lot worse.

0|0
    0|0
    • We have food inspectors who are supposed to take care of it but they often get bribes from these restaurants. Luckily or unfortunately my neighbor is a good inspector and his daughter is my friend. She tells me how her father has build a good source of income by getting bribes.

Most Helpful Girls

• I just don’t eat it. I know when to bitch about something and when to keep my mouth shut. When it comes to the people preparing my food or drinks I’m nice as can be and I definitely don’t fuck with them when it comes to complaining/sending things back. Now, if it was exceptionally terrible I will complain to management after it’s all said and done because in most cases I’m not too terribly worried about retribution since I likely won’t be going back anytime soon if ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends - if it is a small thing that can be changed - like a steak under cooked or over cooked - I might say something - if they forgot to give me salsa for my tacos I would say something - if the food is too salty or has undesirable things I don't want in it I would say something - if it is an entire meal that I don't like - I won't say anything. Its not reasonable for me to 100% change a menu item simply because I personally do not like it. I once complained on a satisfaction survey card about how they put green stuff in my egg soup - I thought it tasted better without it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• If there is something wrong they should fix it. They can only do that if you tell them. Recently 6 of us had a meal at a restaurant and the food was brought to us cold. We sent it back. When it was returned one of them was still cold and was sent back again. When we spoke with the couple at the next table, we found theirs was cold, also. We had never had problems at that restaurant before.

0|0
    0|0
  • You feel like it’s rude to tell the staff their food sucks?
    Wow. You are obligated to tell them, how else will they know? If it was your restaurant wouldn’t you want to know? I would.
    And there’s lots of ways to do so in a nice way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I ever had an experience that was so bad I had to complain.

I've had plenty of times where they forgot something or got my order wrong though.

However if something was very off like the chicken is raw, or there's a big clump of salt in the sauce then yeah I would bring it up.

I paid for the meal and if I can't eat it I want them to either correct it so it's edible, or give me my money back.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a creature of habit. I almost always order something "safe," that is to say food I know I will like. I can't recall a time I had to ask food to be taken back or a time I didn't eat it.

1|0
    0|0
  • It I never have eaten something before and order it it on me. If it something I have ordered before at the restaurant and it not matching their standard of quality then i tell someone. And then I show I grateful for them addressing my issues.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well yeah I actually tell them that the food is not good even if I don't get a refund

It's not rude at all it's a restaurant (or a cafe) the whole piont of it is to sure good food so they need a feedback even if it's a negative one

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do people think regardless of the restaurant if food is sent back to be redone something nasty will be done to there food everytime? Just because you have seen it happen does not mean everyone in every restaurant does it or allows it to happen. That would be like saying you saw a drunk driver that everyone has or will drive drunk at some point, one athlete uses steroids so every athlete uses steroids, you caught one teenager stealing means everone steals during their teenage years etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't complain. People will mess with your food. It happens. I worked in a few restaurants when I was a teenager and in my early 20s. One was a really "nice" restaurant. I know what I'm talking about completely. I've SEEN it happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it is badly prepared I say so right away. If I tried something new and hated it, then that is my problem. BUt most good resturants will offer to get something else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always tell the staff if something is not good, not prepared the way I asked. They will generally bring you another dish, another steak coked the way you asked.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. I once had three different steaks cooked at a very nice steakhouse because the cook couldn't get medium right. The manager ended up comping my entire meal and drinks. I'm sure that cook got fired.

0|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely tell them, and I tell them to find a manager because I'm not going to pay for it !!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't tell them either, I feel it's rude and I don't want to give them a hard time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I tell them. I’m paying for it I have the right to complain

0|0
    0|0
  • I just don't eat it, unless they get it wrong then I tell them

0|0
    0|0
  • If it’s super bad. I will tell them. And then never go back.

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to be nice about it

0|0
    0|0
  • I tell them

0|0
    0|0
  • i eat it and never order again

0|0
    0|0
  • I just dont eat it

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I do. Why wouldn't you

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait an tell main office so they dont spit in food

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell them so it can be corrected!

0|0
    0|0
  • Do it and I'll spit in your shit!

0|0
    0|1
    • Might even piss in your tea.

• Show All
    • Worst part: If this guy actually works in a restaurant, he probably isn't lying.

• @NYCQuestions1976 True.. 😆

What Girls Said 9

• I just used to eat it but now I complain. If I am paying a good price for a meal it had better be worth the money. If something is cold, burned, or not what a normal person could expect to get, it gets sent back to the kitchen. Sometimes they just need more waitresses and more help in the kitchen so the wait is not so long or your food does not wait so long under the warmers.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't eat it I get nervous about sending stuff back and the possibility of them messing with my food. I know in reality they probably won't but there's no way of knowing for sure...

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends, if I don't like my food it's my fault for ordering it. If I get food poisoning that's their fault and I would ask for my money back. If there's a hair in my food, that's their fault. It just depends.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's really putrid, I will ask for something else, but if it's ok, I might not say anything either.

0|0
    0|0
  • I swallowed it down... like cum... nice and quickly!

0|0
    0|0
  • I tell them

Having been in food service, I always wanted to fix a food problem

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if I just didn't like the food. Or if it was off

0|0
    0|0
  • Just don't eat it I've been worried about what they might do when I send it back

0|0
    0|0
  • i try to order food i know ill like so there won't be a problem or question if i like it or not

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes