Do you tell the staff if the food isn’t good at a restaurant or do you just not eat it?

I feel like it’s rude.

1126

Most Helpful Guys

• I just won't eat it.

Then, I'd blacklist that restaurant and, if I discover someone in my social circles thinking of going there, I'd warn them against it. If it's really that bad, I may report it on Yelp.

• I just don't eat it and never go there. If you open up a shitty restaurant in my country even then you are going to have a good time in business because there are so many people that your restaurant will tend to have customers at least to cover up your costs and usually restaurants here don't give a fuck about customers unless it's some expensive restaurant. Most of the food that is served in restaurants here is cooked in batches and is one or two days old sand sometimes situation is a lot worse.

• We have food inspectors who are supposed to take care of it but they often get bribes from these restaurants. Luckily or unfortunately my neighbor is a good inspector and his daughter is my friend. She tells me how her father has build a good source of income by getting bribes.

Most Helpful Girls

• I just don’t eat it. I know when to bitch about something and when to keep my mouth shut. When it comes to the people preparing my food or drinks I’m nice as can be and I definitely don’t fuck with them when it comes to complaining/sending things back. Now, if it was exceptionally terrible I will complain to management after it’s all said and done because in most cases I’m not too terribly worried about retribution since I likely won’t be going back anytime soon if ever.

• It depends - if it is a small thing that can be changed - like a steak under cooked or over cooked - I might say something - if they forgot to give me salsa for my tacos I would say something - if the food is too salty or has undesirable things I don't want in it I would say something - if it is an entire meal that I don't like - I won't say anything. Its not reasonable for me to 100% change a menu item simply because I personally do not like it. I once complained on a satisfaction survey card about how they put green stuff in my egg soup - I thought it tasted better without it.