Is it really true that in china they really do eat dogs?

If I could, I would go to china and see for myself to see if they really do. But that is why we should be able to ask people who have maybe experienced or have been there, where they can share their knowledge and experiences. Maybe you have been to china or know friends or family there that do live this way. Do people in china really eat dog meat?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm an Chinese person and while I haven't personally, it does happen in China but less often than you may think. It's one of those things that are is horrible, but it's not like as big of a thing as some may believe.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sadly yes they do eat dogs. It makes me so sad because I love dogs I have 2 dogs and no I wouldn't never take my babies to China living with the fear of people look at my dogs fora dish dinner. I Iove dogs it's animal cruelty in my eyes sad.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• I have several friends who live in China, some natively and some for work. They've said that eating dog was a pretty common practice back in the 80's but it's been declining pretty heavily ever since. Nowadays, it's pretty hard to find someone in China who's eating dog meat more than once a year (that one time a year being a dog-meat festival in a town called Yulin, but the festival is no longer official).

1|1
    0|0
  • What's wrong with eating dogs? Why is it okay to eat a cow but it's wrong to eat a dog? But to answer your question, yes, they absolutely eat dogs in China. China is a big country though so not necessarily everywhere. And China is certainly not the only Asian country that does eat dog.

0|0
    0|0
  • China is huge. Not all Chinese do. China have regional foods, I believe eating dog is mostly in the northern part and of course Yulin city

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes they do. For them dog is like cow here. They don't see them as pets or anything. Honestly it would be more like someone serving a rat-burger here then anything else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes the Asians are well known for eating anything. When I was in the Philippines I only saw one dog and someone was chasing it

0|0
    0|1
  • You can eat dog in China, but it's not like they're eating them left and right.
    It's actually ecological to eat dogs and cats.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I had a Korean student stay at my house for a week for a program. And the first thing my father asked her was if they ate dogs. She said yes, they eat them for health reasons. They believe eating dogs are beneficial to health.

0|0
    0|1
  • My best friend is from China and all I know about food is that I get Chinese.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes