Some tips for making your pasta less sticky?

So, as around 0.05% of you know, I am an avid enthusiast in.. many things pasta ((yeah.. I'm kinda picky)).

But it's always kinda sticky and it has a very dry kind of feeling when I make it. I tried putting some vegetable oil in the water as it's boiling in order to counteract this but that doesn't seem to help much.

Tips?

118

Most Helpful Girls

• Oil is hydrophobic so putting it in the water won't do anything at all. It will just float on top. But putting a little on the pasta once it is out will.

Most Helpful Guy

• You should be stirring the pasta the first two minutes, as pasta + hot water = starch, and if you don't stir it, they'll stick to each other.

You should be putting the pasta in only when the water is boiling (not close to boiling).

You should be rinsing your pasta in cold water if you don't plan on swishing them in the sauce immediately. When you're ready to eat them, heat them up again in the pan with the sauce.

Also, putting oil into the pot you're cooking pasta in is not a great move if you plan on coating them in sauce later, as the oil on the noodles make the sauce slide right off. I've been cooking pasta for years and I have gone down the oil in water route.