Do you think having periods is normal (many vegans dont) - many vegan blogs talk about losing their period after becoming vegan?

I'm not a vegan. But there are vegan blogs by women who say they their period went away after becoming vegan and it being significantly less painful. Some say its due to lack of estrogen in the female body.

http://rawveganlivingblog.com/losing-your-period-on-raw-foods-diet/

https://nicolejardim.com/does-being-vegan-affect-your-period/

I've asked this because maybe I want to become a dietician in the future.

125

Most Helpful Girls

• My period is natural... biblical even. The lining of my uterus needs to shed otherwise I’m at risk for pelvic cancer.
    I can’t speak to whether or not vegan diets are “better” but it certainly doesn’t sound natural not to have mensuration.
    Again. I’m not a doctor of any kind.

• Having your period is a very healthy thing it shows that your not malnourished not having one shows there's a problem.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't have a period, doesn't that mean your body is so malnourished and dysfunctional that it can't even bear children?