Do you think having periods is normal (many vegans dont) - many vegan blogs talk about losing their period after becoming vegan?

I'm not a vegan. But there are vegan blogs by women who say they their period went away after becoming vegan and it being significantly less painful. Some say its due to lack of estrogen in the female body.

http://rawveganlivingblog.com/losing-your-period-on-raw-foods-diet/

https://nicolejardim.com/does-being-vegan-affect-your-period/

Updates:
I've asked this because maybe I want to become a dietician in the future.

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• My period is natural... biblical even. The lining of my uterus needs to shed otherwise I’m at risk for pelvic cancer.
    I can’t speak to whether or not vegan diets are “better” but it certainly doesn’t sound natural not to have mensuration.
    Again. I’m not a doctor of any kind.

1|1
    0|0
  • Having your period is a very healthy thing it shows that your not malnourished not having one shows there's a problem.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't have a period, doesn't that mean your body is so malnourished and dysfunctional that it can't even bear children?

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• That's not right... if you're losing your period, you're malnourished. I know tons of vegans with periods.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have very mild periods and I'm almost eating chicken

0|1
    0|0
  • Periods are normal. They probably have iron deficiency or lost too much weight.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love my period. It reminds me I’m not pregnant. However even after I became a vegetarian my cramps were still painful.

1|0
    0|0
  • My period gives me peace of mind that I'm not pregnant so it's a love hate relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • They have most likely iron deficiency. Iron is for blood building

1|1
    0|0
  • Natural selection at its finest.

1|2
    0|0
  • What the actual fuck?

0|1
    0|0
  • that's really unhealthy.

2|0
    0|0
  • liessssss... or menstration hit u

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Absolute nonsense. I'm not Vegan and I've never menstruated in my life.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh crap, that's actually common place for them? And they think its normal? Jesus Christ, you have to do a lot of damage and malnurishment to get to that point.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they are skipping menstrual cycles, that could be the effect of inefficient diet and constant starvation.

Their estrogen levels are not supposed to drop just like that. I am not all that familiar with human biology (haven't had the chance to study it much, I'll probably learn it on my own when I have the time), but last I checked, it's actually progesterone that triggers menstrual cycles.

Whatever the case it, nature has a way of protecting the females from certain death by making it harder for her to reproduce if they are going through weight loss, or their weight is in an unhealthy range. Naturally, if your body thinks "well, I don't have anything to feed this baby, there's like zero fat tissue here!" - you'll miss your cycle. Not unheard of.

Once again proving that militant veganism is anything BUT healthy.

0|0
    0|0
  • not having a period is feminist.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes