Do you like going to bars?

• Yes
  • No
  • Never been
    Vote C
I like going with friends, 9/10 a band is playing to the ones I go to as well

6195

Most Helpful Girls

• I associate bars with typical pick up places which I avoid unless going out in a group.

It would never occur to me to go in a bar as a girl, alone, as it sends this message that I am there for the purpose of being picked up by guys.

Furthermore, I do not like the ambiance, atmosphere and smells in bars. They give me the impression of a place where a woman cannot feel safe when alone.

I am sure that there must be nice bars, I just haven't invested a second in trying to find one that does not match my description. Maybe I am missing something!

• Usually heavy tobacco smoke, depressing people in their 40s that you can tell are there waaaay too much, shifty people that are obviously there to sell pills or meth or some shit. The bartender "Sean" or "Dave" or "Liam" or whatever other white guy name's awfully balanced playlist in the background, featuring such music as Nickleback, Eminem, Florida Georgia Line and The J. Geils Band.

Yeah, not really my tribe.

In all fairness, I go wherever the drinks are cheapest, not wherever has the highest ratings.

• I think it's a United States of America thing. I've noticed our country has all of these depressed middle-aged drunks in bars, and nobody else seems to go.

I've noticed people on here that live in other countries don't fall into this category.

• Probably, yeah.

I've been to a bar in Reykjavik and it's a very different scene. More casual, less tense. Couldn't understand what anyone was saying really, but it was friendly conversation all around. I think the older drunks just stay home in other places. Also it was well-lit and no one was smoking.

Most Helpful Guys

• Nope! They're noisy and filled with loud, overbearing idiots, machoism and drunk people who are either obnoxious and annoying as hell or who tend to get violent. It's not my kind of scene at all. I'd much rather spend my time doing other things with people I actually like, or be in the outdoors. I haven't been in a bar in nearly 15 years. No thanks.

• I don't know if it's our country, but it seems like actual BARS (not nightclubs) are full of middle-aged people. It's not that I don't get along with 40-60ish year olds (I actually get along with them better than people in my generation), but most of them are with their wives/girlfriends. And on top of this, whenever I do see younger women, they are always with their friends, and don't want to talk to any men. Since I don't drink alcohol, I have no other reason to be in a bar , other than hooking up, or at least socializing with someone.

So, really, I'm not a fan of bars.