• Never been
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I like going with friends, 9/10 a band is playing to the ones I go to as well

1|7

Most Helpful Girls

• I associate bars with typical pick up places which I avoid unless going out in a group.

It would never occur to me to go in a bar as a girl, alone, as it sends this message that I am there for the purpose of being picked up by guys.

Furthermore, I do not like the ambiance, atmosphere and smells in bars. They give me the impression of a place where a woman cannot feel safe when alone.

I am sure that there must be nice bars, I just haven't invested a second in trying to find one that does not match my description. Maybe I am missing something!

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually heavy tobacco smoke, depressing people in their 40s that you can tell are there waaaay too much, shifty people that are obviously there to sell pills or meth or some shit. The bartender "Sean" or "Dave" or "Liam" or whatever other white guy name's awfully balanced playlist in the background, featuring such music as Nickleback, Eminem, Florida Georgia Line and The J. Geils Band.

Yeah, not really my tribe.

In all fairness, I go wherever the drinks are cheapest, not wherever has the highest ratings.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think it's a United States of America thing. I've noticed our country has all of these depressed middle-aged drunks in bars, and nobody else seems to go.

I've noticed people on here that live in other countries don't fall into this category.

• Probably, yeah.

I've been to a bar in Reykjavik and it's a very different scene. More casual, less tense. Couldn't understand what anyone was saying really, but it was friendly conversation all around. I think the older drunks just stay home in other places. Also it was well-lit and no one was smoking.

Most Helpful Guys

• Nope! They're noisy and filled with loud, overbearing idiots, machoism and drunk people who are either obnoxious and annoying as hell or who tend to get violent. It's not my kind of scene at all. I'd much rather spend my time doing other things with people I actually like, or be in the outdoors. I haven't been in a bar in nearly 15 years. No thanks.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know if it's our country, but it seems like actual BARS (not nightclubs) are full of middle-aged people. It's not that I don't get along with 40-60ish year olds (I actually get along with them better than people in my generation), but most of them are with their wives/girlfriends. And on top of this, whenever I do see younger women, they are always with their friends, and don't want to talk to any men. Since I don't drink alcohol, I have no other reason to be in a bar , other than hooking up, or at least socializing with someone.

So, really, I'm not a fan of bars.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 59

• Nope, not even when I was younger and in my 20s. I went twice with some friends just to see what clubs were all about?

Meh, the smell of cheap alcohol, cigarettes, sweat, and desperation didn't appeal to me

0|1
    0|0
    • Bars and clubs are very different, at least around here.

• Really? I'm in a fairly small city, so bars and clubs are basically the same here, just different types for everyone: from country ones, to hip hop/r&b. Along with the audience each one targets. We really don't have any clubs for mature adults, which is really discouraging for those of us that are in our 30s and 40s

• Bars are usually more low key, sometimes live music. Pool tables, tv, juke box, no cover charge, cheaper drinks. Clubs usually charge to get in, have a dance floor and laser lights n shit, DJ or live music so loud you can't talk, same dinks as a bar, but far more expensive.

• Yes, I do, but only with friends. It's quite common for us to hit the bar when we leave a birthday party at night. Well, hit the bars, since more often than not we just go from one to another ( I live in a town but the area with bars is quite smal so whatever)

0|0
    0|0
    • whats the legal drinking age, in portgual? aren't you 15?

• Show All
    • 7d

@samoht89 if it makes you feel better I didn't like anything I tried. And I tried beer, red wine, champagne, vodca etc so I don't think I'm gonna drink for real anytime soon X'D

• 7d

as long as you're underage, you shouldn't be drinking.

• We have a few restaraunt/bar mix locals in our town and I do go there with friends every now and then for dinner and a few cocktails. I am not quite sure if thats what you're referring to since there's only some ambient music but no bands & stuff.
    I do not go to nightclubs or disco though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really go to bars (only been a handful of times) and I am not a big fan of drinking and socializing. I am more of a stay home and read a book or go to the beach type of gal.

1|3
    0|0
  • Yes, and this is the best one in my town 😊

0|2
    0|0
  • If there is live music... more of a pub-like environment!

0|3
    0|0
  • I used to go out to bars years back. But I don't go now I'm past that stage in life lol " been there, done that and got the t'shirt" lol

I'd rather go to a coffee shop than to a bar lol

0|1
    0|0
    • Naaaah lol your nowhere near past it haha! You should be in your prime now!

Then again despite my 5-day training week currently, I'm a stickler for anywhere that smells like a shindig!

• Show All
    • 7d

@FreshOutaIdeas

Haha we'd have had a great time drinking tequila all night 😂. I had a great time back in the day haha

• 7d

@Fitness-Fanatic
      Aha that's my kind of night 🍻😉! I'm sure we'd have cleared a bottle... Or three... Haha! Tbf despite my reputation in many establishments I've been living clean cut for 6 months now. Been back into boxing after three years of partying, lifting and little cardio... Had some offers to train for strongman but my passion is boxing.. But damn, muscle or not, carrying 300lbs around and trying to box has been tough! 😨! Down to about 260 now I think!

• I do. However, I get the impression that going to bars here in Paris might be a bit different than in the US. For a lot of people here, going to bars is like going to a cafe at night. I personally look for bars where the clientèle's main objective is not to get drunk, but to socialize. My friends and I always go dressed in jeans.

1|0
    0|0
  • There's nothing better than a pub-night where you can actually enjoy a conversation and don't have random people shoving into you from all angles. Pub over a nightclub any day

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate going to bars. I have a hard time hearing in those environments so it makes it very un-enjoyable

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I hate when it is loud but I love bars as long as it is not very loud I love the food and I don't even drink but I love the ambiance of most bars to hang out in

• great point.

• @BuldTheWall2019 Yeah, I agree that I do enjoy the ambiance, and I will go if there isn't a live band or DJ playing. There is also a local bar that I like to go to. If it does get to loud, I'd prefer to leave though

• I hardly ever leave home. I sometimes will go hangout with my work friends if they invite me but I don't drink or anything like that

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted no because they are too expensive. I sometimes spend $50 in one night when I go to the bar and I've heard of guys who spend $100 and some spend $1000 a night when they go there.

To save I buy virgin drinks so I will have a caesar without alcohol or an imitation beer that tastes like the real thing or a lemonade drink that tastes like an alcoholic cocktail but has no vodka inside - They are way cheaper that way - I once got a virgin caesar for under $4.00! and it had spices and pickles and gourmet pork chop inside and was the best thing I ever had.

0|0
    0|0
    • Drink water, costs $2-$3 tip...:) Tastes really good too and your brain works better, plus hydrated for next days exercise. It's a winner!:)

• No because im not into drinking and i hope he isn't either

0|0
    0|0
    • you shouldn't date someone just because they don't drink. you date people based on their character, not their drinking habits

• Show All
    • 7d

@samoht89 i rather not be with them

• 6d

thats not good. you shouldn't judge a guy based on whether he drinks or not. it's about what's on the inside

• I've never been so maybe my opinion Isn't too Important, but from what I've seen and what my older friends have told me Is, It Is a very sweaty and unpleasant experience with all the bodies dancing, and music etc. Drinks are drinks, you either drink too much or you're responsible and don't drink over limit. The atmosphere ruins it.

So to sum it up, I think If I ever went to a bar I'd go with friends and go to a more expensive one so things may be more relaxed, or well not a bar+nightclub kind of thing then I'd enjoy it, but only once in awhile.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but I like neighborhood bars, not trendy bars or bars that are really crowded.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh yes love to chill with friends at some cool bars here.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on who I am going to the bar with. Rather than it actually being a bar lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I found the most kick ass theme bar EVER... GOING THIS SATURDAY!!! :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Noooo!!! Drunk people suck! I don’t drink. I can’t stand the smell of alcohol.

0|1
    0|0
  • Love!! Its smaller, more intimate, no loud ass music. Its just chill and you can really get to know people there

0|0
    0|0
    • Here where I live, bars are full of people between 40-60 years old, and nobody really wants to know anyone. Plus, all the women in our age-range are with their friends, and don't want to meet any men.

• Show All
    • Clubs are at least fun, and a little wild!

But yeah, I don't think clubs are that great either.

• Yeah like I just feel they're so loud , distracting, and girls are in a clique to the point men can't approach them.

• Not really my scene
    Depends on the music they play and people

0|1
    0|0
  • I bartended for a few years so I avoid going to them now lmfao

0|0
    0|0
    • what's yoru opinion of bars? did guys constantly hit on you? girls have to get sick of the same stuff after a while, yes?

• Constantly being hit on but you have to take it if you want big tips. Shits annoying. Good money but it got old real quick.

• Curious, were you able to differentiate geniuneness vs just pickup game. e. g. ever date a guy from that. I coworker met his wife as she was bartending, so was curious if that's common. my assumption is drunk guys are idiots... lol.

• sometimes, not really. Fridays & Saturdays are over crowded for me. and im not a big drinker. I enjoy music events

0|0
    0|0
  • I like going to bars in the morning to drink hot chocolate and eat croissant

0|0
    0|0
    • you do realize how dumb that sounds, right?

• Show All
    • Even if it was a bar that served alcohol too I dont think it sounds dumb

• 3d

They serves both alcohol and coffee, and are open all days. You can even eat for diner and lunch there.

• Yup, I love bars. But it all depends on what city you are in,

0|0
    0|0
  • Only with a designated scary guy friend.

1|3
    0|0
  • I like pubs more. Bars tend to be more like clubs.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I do it depends who i am going with.

1|0
    0|0
  • For the alcohol yes

0|1
    2|0
  • Not particularly as I don’t really drink anymore

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 93

• The only time I go to a bar is to see a band play, or to DJ.

I used to DJ in bars a lot in the 90s, and I've seen a lot of the downside of being around bars - drunk idiots, fights, vomit, cheating, etc. Unless I'm making people dance, there's not much there to interest me.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's alright, going to a bar means my parents won't know how much I have actually had to drink but the downside being is that everyone, unless they know me already, refuse to believe that I AM 18 and it used to be funny but now it's just mildly annoying -__-

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't need to drink alcohol to go out to bars in all honesty, though that is the culture ofc. But I'm shocked at the amount of people that say they don't 😮. And not just bars but pubs and clubs too?

Nothing wrong with reading books and going to the beach by any stretch, nor do you necessarily need to go out to get laid, but damn I'm surprised...

0|0
    0|0
  • I was a bouncer for years, so I’m kind of burnt out by the whole scene, but single me definitely enjoyed going to them. I’d still say I preferred college house parties to the bars though, sometimes you can’t even communicate it’s so loud.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never been to one. Too expensive for me.
    But I still wish to visit a strip club at least once. Hope they are the way they are shown in shows and movies. Don't wanna have unrealistic expectations.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not many. Some that are more like clubs are cool, if there is live music. But just to go and sit at a bar and drink, only if I'm in need of a stranger to talk to.

I never understood why some people put a bar in their homes! Why not just sit on comfortable furniture instead of a stool?

0|0
    0|0
  • I liked it... then I worked a year as barkeeper... never again go into a bar

0|1
    0|0
    • Why not

• Here in Austria where im from is being an alcoholic like a sport, as barkeeper I noticed how Hardcore it is... too much driving drunk, getting agressive or freak out caused from nothing

As stoner I had police contact few years apart... as barkeeper every night 2 times minimum...

If you go there for a date or just a drink its sometimes nice, but I noticed, if you look closer its far from friendly or chilly

But its just my opinion...

• It really depends on the bar, what type of environment it has. I've been to some nice bars and I've seen a few dives.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really enjoyed going to the small hole in the wall places. Especially in small towns. Meet and hang out with the locals. Or during the day when the old timers are in there. Telling stories about the good ol’ days.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use to like going out to clubs/bars when I was younger, but not as much anymore. Now days I’d pretty much only go to a bar to play darts or billiards with friends while having a few beers.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I like outdoors activities and don't drink alcohol anymore.

1|2
    0|0
    • I'd rather spend my time outdoors too! 😁

• @BlueWalker: And there is so much to see and do.

• @Logorithim Agreed. The things to do, see and enjoy in nature are literally endless and I never get jaded to the littlest things. It is the only place where I feel at peace. I'd rather be nowhere else than communing with nature, for it truly feeds my soul. 💙 For the record though, I am drinking a glass of red wine right now. lol 😊

• I can't hear easily in a loud environment so I avoid bars and clubs. Have done for years.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's a waste of money and a pain in the ass.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm never in bars unless I'm with people I know. I don''t drink and don't approach strangers, so once the people I like leave, I leave, too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Bars are cool. But all bars have a different vibe and crowd.

0|0
    0|0
  • It mostly all depends on the company you are with, if its great company then the setting will great for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the sports bar type bars better though.
    I go there with friends for the food, entertainment, and the “scenery”.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes/no. I go on my own to build social skills. it's a challenge. I go for music. I don't drink, don't like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes and no. on occasion it is great. it can get redundant and boring quickly though. i like to mix of my social interaction settings

0|0
    0|0
  • A good bar! Yes, always.
    A cheap bar! Hell no. The cheap ones are always nasty, at least the ones i have been too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I went on the wagon two and a half years ago and I haven't had a drink since so if I was going to go to a bar it would be strictly to pick up pussy and get the hell out of there

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah... not often, but it's a cool vibe sometimes. Bar hopping in a nice, downtown area is fun too. Gotta be in the mood though.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was cool when younger but I think I need some more mental stimulation than the average bar provides lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope I do not. I can't stand seeing people drunk. Its a waste of time and money. I like being in the right state of mind.

0|1
    0|0
  • UK here. We don't have bars here, we have public houses (pubs for short). I like to attend and I do so frequently.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been there once. It was busy and felt weird like everyone was drunk and friendly like a one night stand dating scene

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. Unless I know I'm going to have a really good time/night or I just feel like getting drunk, I don't really care much for bars.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand why the media is full of stories of people in bars. They're often expensive, loud and just a waste of time

0|0
    0|0
  • To expensive for good quality alcohol like crown or gray goose

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol, a blended Canadian whisky🤣

• Show All
    • 7d

You are an idiot and a troll; albeit an extremely dull troll, still a troll.

• 7d

@jimyee I’m not a troll that really what I’ve had

• I like going to bars! I’m a social person & I like to drink... so me going to a bar makes sense.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes