Does anyone here like their steak rare?

Does anyone here like their steak rare?

I see TV chef judges all the time rejecting perfectly cooked medium steaks and praising ones which are practically still mooing on the farm.

I like medium to medium - rare as the maximum rareness. Rare grosses me out. Too much blood.

Am I wrong or are the TV chefs/judges wrong?
  • I like it rare and bleeding the TV chefs are right.
    Vote A
  • I like it medium-rare
    Vote B
  • I like it medium
    Vote C
  • I like it well done
    Vote D
  • I'm a vegetarian/vegan
    Vote E
  • I'm not a vegetarian but I don't eat steak
    Vote F
  • I am too much of a piss weak sack of shit to vote and just want to look at the results
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

Most Helpful Guys

• Medium! Any more is burnt. Any less and you're not really even cooking it.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

What Guys Said 9

• From experience working in a kitchen, I've observed that most men like their steaks medium rare to medium, while most women prefer theirs medium to well-done. The reasons as to why that is so is a story for another day!

0|1
    0|0
    • Do you actually have an insight into the reasons why?

• We - and by we I mean the rest of my kitchen buddies at the time - posited that since more women appear to be vegetarian or vegans compared to men, and we come across more women compared to men who find the smell of cooking meat intolerable, it would make sense that more women compared to men, if they eat meat, would want their meat to be as far away from being a live creature as possible. Which translates to wanting it well-done. Also, we also noticed that more women than men had an aversion to ordering a whole fish (head on), which leads me to believe that there are SOME women (and I suppose SOME men) out there who don't want to be reminded that what they're eating used to be a live animal.

• Yeah makes sense.

• well the thing is with a fine cut of meat... you dont want to ruin the texture by over cooking it...
    doing it medium or well done is an easy task... just keep it on the grill... but to get a slice of steak rare with a nice crisp outside... is far more technically challenging

also the red in the meat is not blood... there is no blood... its myoglobin... the blood is pretty much all drained out... if it was blood it wouldn't be a liquid.. it would be coagulated thick chunks of red goop...

0|1
    0|0
  • We tend to call a rare steak “bloody,” after all it's not exactly a stretch to think that the red liquid that drips out of your steak when you cut into it is blood. ... Well, I have news for you: Even a completely raw steak contains no blood. The red liquid you see is actually a protein called myoglobin, which helps muscle tissue store oxygen.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah someone else already mentioned that. I knew that. If I wrote myoglobiny, lots of people wouldn't know what I was talking about.

• Show All
    • 6d

Well you go on enjoying ruined steak and myself and the rest of the world will enjoy perfect steak!

• Medium, or medium rare for the right cut. I know plenty of people that like rare.
    Anything past medium is ruined

0|1
    0|0
    • I agree with that

• Show All
    • Yeah. Always baffles me why anyone would even get a steak if they’re gonna get it well done.
      Like, save your money and go chew on a tire

• Hahaha! Exactly

• If it is not well done I will refuse to eat it. Just the thought of eating it makes me want to vomit.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well the fuck done. Anything else is for savages.

0|1
    0|2
  • I eat it raw.

0|1
    0|0
  • Fuck yes rare for me

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like raw meat. Medium or well done for me.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes