How can anyone not know how to make a grilled cheese? Do you know how?

• Yes I know How (heat butter in pan for bubbles put bread cheese then bread and let it set on a lower heat till golden then put butter on the uncooked side then flip until golden brown)
    Vote A
  • Yes I think I know how.
    Vote B
  • No but I like how I make it.
    Vote C
  • No, and thanks for giving the proper recipe.
    Vote D
  • Results.
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• If you got bad pans it’s hard.

Also I hate when people use the cheap American cheese and don’t have the right ratio of cheese to bread.

Otherwise yah it’s pretty simple 😂

But every time I’ve had grilled cheese it’s paired with tomato soup.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• to make it ieven better

melt the butter (in a microwave) put the butter on the bread (that way it soaks into the bread). then throw it on in the pan. waaaaay better than just tossing butter into the pan

0|0
    0|0
    • yuck, when you do that it makes it soggy you want the fresh heated butter.

• definitely does not make it soggy. the bread is toasted when in the skillet

• you didn't mention the type of bread or cheese. there are hundreds of recipes. i can put cheese on bread and microwave it but it doesn't mean it's good. ingredients matter

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I read the instructions, but it still exploded... WHYYYYYYYY?

1|0
    0|0
  • Its nice food but everyone who thinks that is a recipe thinks too laying beer in a fridge is a kind of cooking...

1|1
    0|0
    • i don't think that lol.
      Ig I could have said method.

• It wasn't bad meant... its just funny to me bc who dont know how to lay cheese on bread, and lay on bread again

• True but others are ripping the bread literally.
      an Putting plain cheese in the pan. ugh lol

• ... I once set a toaster on fire. Do you really want me to try cooking anything?

1|0
    0|0
  • I actually butter the outsides on the bread rather then melt the butter in the pan, I think it's a more even and better coat.

1|0
    0|0
  • If their iPhone can't do it, I wouldn't be surprised if any kids these days could figure it out

1|2
    0|0
  • Or you can use a toastie machine.

Literally a skillet but has a top and a bottom.

1|0
    0|0
    • A panini press?

• Show All
    • It's a difference in dialects. Here that is grilling. In a breakfast joint the "flat top grill" is where they cook the pancakes etc. So you can call them grilled as they are cooked on a grill. The grilled cheese in a panini press[grill] would not be considered fried at all as the butter would be applied to the bread itself, just like if you were to take a hamburger bun, butter it and grill it either on the flat top or a bbq/grate grill.

• Ah, in Britain we don't have those flat top grills. They are really only in restaurants.

We do have grill ovens though.
      They suck at making toasties, way too dry.

• That's super basic. If someone can't even make that then they're pathetic lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • The fuck is a grilled cheese?

1|2
    0|0
    • Show All
    • You can throw in some butter, but you don't need it with good cheese.

• British: it's a cheese toastie because you toast the bread ( like toasted burger buns)

Americans: it's grilled cheese because you grill it.

British: but you don't grill it. You cook it in a pan.

• I never knew how my boyfriend taught me

1|0
    0|0
  • That's just a toastie.

1|0
    0|0
  • I know everything

1|0
    0|0
  • I just microwave it. It's not a "true grilled cheese," but it works.

I've made French toast, but it's been a while. I might be a little rusty. With instructions, yes, though I think It'd come back to me after a while.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes