Would you eat sea cucumber?

Would you eat sea cucumber?

Would you eat sea cucumber?

I’ve trued it a few times. It’s ok but can live without it for sure.
  • Yep
  • Nope
  • Already have and it was...(good, bad,, meh)
    Vote C

611

Most Helpful Guys

• Generally speaking, I’ll try any food as long as
    1.) It’s edible and not going to likely poison me or make me sick in some way
    2.) There are at least *some* people that like it.
    3.) It doesn’t have feathers still attached, because that’s a big nope to me.

Sea cucumber passes all three tests, so yeah, I’d try it out! If I don’t like, I may not have it again, but I won’t knock it ‘til I try it!

• It’s ok I can’t really think of a western equivalent it’s unique texture wise. Flavor wise Well it has no real discernible flavor that I can tell

• I guess? I’ve always found tofu to have a very distinctive flavor so I don't know how to answer this?

• Granted, maybe my taste buds are defective. No surprises there 😂

• No, I don't think so. I've heard a lot of things about it that range from it having a bad taste to an awful texture to being, at best, an acquired taste.

So, I think I'd pick something else.

• You wouldn’t even try a bite?

I’ve found it doesn’t have much taste at all tbh

• I might try a bite, yeah. I'm not squeamish, I just don't think I'd chance my entire dinner on it. The one at the top actually looks pretty appetising.

Most Helpful Girl

• I couldn't if it... looked exactly like a sea cucumber lol. If it was processed thoroughly, then sure.

• Maybe the top plate. Looks like any random stir fry.

• Agreed. What does it taste like?

• I’ve never had the whole thing. I e usually had it in something like the top version. It honestly didn’t have much of its own taste. It was a weird soft rubbery crunchy texture. It’s ok but not something I’d order really.

I don't know what your culture is but a lot of Asian restaurants you eat traditional family style. So you just order a bunch of entrees and pick from each entree so it gives you the opportunity to be a little adventurous without killing an entire dinner on something weird.