Mine is easily steak

What's your best dish?

It's a beautiful sight
What's your best dish?

My mise en place

What's your best dish?

Got a decent sear. I could have done better
What's your best dish?

The finished product is steak with mushroom sauce and a twice baked potato with bacon bits.
Updates:
6 d ago
My shots are massive

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks amazing! I would say maybe the one thing I can do somewhat competently is that my wife loved this Indian restaurant so much which shut down some years ago. She loved the Butter Chicken dish more than anything. She didn't like it nearly as much at other Indian restaurants.

So I looked up recipes online for all kinds of Butter Chicken, and experimented, and found some weird ideas like putting ketchup in it to adjust color and taste. I did a fusion of the various ideas and kept tasting to see what seemed to resemble that restaurant.

By the end, I finally got to a point of tasting and tweaking to at least fool my wife into no longer being able to tell the difference between my chicken butter and the one from the restaurant that closed.

What's your best dish?

0|1
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

Now I always make the dish every year for her birthday. I got the tasting and tweaking thing down.

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

That's maybe my weak point. I'm too lazy to follow the recipe exactly because I often find I'm missing an ingredient or two. So I just like to get the "general idea" from a recipe and tweak and tune if it allows for it.

• 7 d ago

Right. I'm super obsessive in a way that I'll run to the store if I do forget it or start from scratch. My aim is perfection.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t understand why you ruin good steak with sauce.

That’s what you do when you are trying to cover for. Shitty cut of meat.

At least I’m not seeing a1 sauce around. ... a1...

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

Sometimes I'm lazy and I use a1. I could eat it by itself and it'd more than fine. But why not take it to the next level?

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

The best restaurants in the world obviously are merely something better than small America cafe

• 7 d ago

Whut

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• My best meal would be to start with a nice bowl of ribollita, for the main course I would serve ossobuco garnished with some gremolata and a side of risotto Alla milanese and finish with some tiramisu. I love cooking, especially for my friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Friend
    Send me some of that wtf

1|0
    0|0
  • I can pour myself cereal if that counts.

0|0
    0|0
  • you need more fibre in your diet

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes