Why do people overcook their steaks?

Jaximus-Lion
The lack of meat quality knowledge is seen everywhere and people refuse to understand That 'Blood' in meat isn't what you think it is. Try to cook the meat on medium rare and taste the difference
Perfect juicy medium rare steak
Perfect juicy medium rare steak
This is true, quality killers
This is true, quality killers
It’s myoglobin, the protein that delivers oxygen to an animal’s muscles. This protein turns red when meat is cut, or exposed to air. Heating the protein turns it a darker color. Rare meat isn’t “bloody,” it is just cooked to a lower temperature.

Myoglobin : is an iron- and oxygen-binding protein found in the skeletal muscle tissue of vertebrates in general and in almost all mammals. Myoglobin is distantly related to hemoglobin. Compared to hemoglobin, Myoglobin has a higher affinity for oxygen and does not have cooperative-binding with oxygen like hemoglobin does. But at the core, it is an oxygen-binding protein in red blood cells. In humans, myoglobin is only found in the bloodstream after muscle injury.
Updates:
4 d
I work as a chef in a elders home and i took 3 days off this week, so where i work they got a substitute cook instead of me. So on Wednesday there should be very nice meat cuts and 99% of the elders likes it at medium rare/ medium (max) because it's easier to chew, with some gravy sauce and so on. So the cook made them all... AAAALLLL the meat well done and the elders couldn't eat. Now i have over 200 complains from the elders family members 😒
Why do people overcook their steaks?
Add Opinion