Respect All Elders? No thanks!

Respect All Elders? No thanks!

Just recently, I've had the magical honour of chancing upon a much older man on this site who I believe have absolutely mesmerised me with his tragic intelligence even at 57 years of age, for I utterly couldn't help but well... feel sorry for this genius of a pea-brain.

From threatening to beat me up to demanding that I meet up with his ancient, self-righteous ass just so he could teach me a lesson, I was indeed touched and deeply inspired by his wisdom yet amused at the same time.

Once upon a time, there was a barbaric bozo. He would try hard to be virtuous but no matter how hard he tried, he was instantly declared piteous. I was the villain, the witch. He was the Extra and the Unwanted. Kidding, too savage, but you get the hint.

It all started with a comment, from my side:

Those downvotes are from sulky, butthurt men LOL.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

In an instant, some random man comes flying out of the bush, about as triggered as King Kong banging hardcore on his chest

What's up with all your demeaning remarks , ms Singapore? Got a problem?

'WOW, this grumpy old man cared to checked out my profile. Meh, lemme see his profile.

Lo and behold, his cover page is of a young Filipina wife posing with what seems like an ugly Barbie doll car. He's there in the profile pic with dem shades smiling away looking all smug and shit. Typical. Ah.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Me: Yes, I have a problem. Demeaning shit begets demeaning shit. Bye

Again, the old man shrieks in retaliation:

I'll be in Kuatan , Malaysia this up coming November. If you want , I'll teach you the reason why you should keep your f.. mouth shut. Stupid little girl...

You Asian piece of shit! We'll see how rugged you really are when we meet!

Talk is a cheap bitch. Oh and I'll hit you so hard.

Wait, his wife is Asian... Oops. What an asshole, demeaning his own wife indirectly? Interesting.

I told you already , I'll be there in Kuantan shortly. I'll help you make it happen. If your for real...

Lol, as if I have time for peasants like him. Bwahahaha.

I searched your name up online. I have nudes of you. I found your number too. Wanna own up now?

Someone must be so triggered that his wife never fought back and now that a young girl like me is doing so, he feels powerless. Yuck. Stupid daddy.

Needless to say, he gets agitated as he realises he's talking to the wall. Remember, I'm in office doing work and ain't got time for peasants :) And he intrudes again, with a notification popping after not having heard from me.

Ahh , all of a sudden quiet

Soon after, a kind human being breaks the silence for me, but this old man is reluctant to give up. Alas, it's his last straw. And so he argues further:

I'm acting like a jerk? No I'm not , and please dont reinforce a person who's talking filthy crap to their elders , including you.

If you want to side with someone like that, then your no different.

She's full of filthy words and quite the jerk herself. If you want to reinforce her stance , then your just the same as her.

That's right , western woman.. in the Pacific islands we teach differently. Our cultures are way different than yours. Over hea , you get a slap upside your effn head for being disrespectful. Her culture and my culture are alittle different , but neither are your culture... so but out..

Moral of story:

I kiss the asses of all elders even if they treat me like shit. Because I'm a dumb fuck who can't stand up for herself. People, listen up. Respect all your elders. If they hit you, be grateful and feel blessed. You're not allowed to ever stand up for yourself. Even to creepy old men over the Internet. Even if they ask you for nudes. Even if they order you to do shit you're not comfortable doing. People, ALL ELDERS ARE GODS. They're always right! Legend has it that being an elder is a green light to behaving like a jerk. Long live the Ancient, Salty Ancient Kings and Queens!

DISCLAIMER:

Respect is earned, bitch. You don't demand it. That's all for now, bye bye.

1623
Richareens is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• everybody earns a baseline of respect. the baseline for older people is just a tiny bit higher. hoever that baseline of respect every human deserves can be easily revoked if the person is a douchebag. fuck them if they are. doesnΒ΄t matter the age.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh sweet memories. lol!

I am the kind human being referenced in this question so I have a bit familiarity with the examples referenced and here are my thoughts on this matter.

To @Richareens - You are correct. Elders do not get respect just because they are elders if they do something to loss that respect.

Elders will lose respect if they do something like if they tell a 19 yr old girl on the internet that they want to meet in person to teach her a lesson and slap her. Or search her out on the internet to threaten her they found her nudes (I did not know this happened. Wow!! Talk about being a little too inappropriate and strange!!).

And they do all this because they did not like something someone said on the internet! And at the same time, they expect respect just because of their age. Yeah, good luck with that. *rollseyes

To @djaaay As I said previously, give it a rest already. You acted like a jerk. Saying you did not threaten that it would be *you* personally to teach her a lesson, is not only a lie but it is also a distinction that does not matter. You wished her bodily harm - whether that harm would be from you personally or not does not matter. I believe G&G has now scrubbed your comments but I remember them and @richareens quoted them though she graciously did not attach your name to them. You outed yourself that those were your comments so G&G can not hold that against @richareens.

And I am glad she saved them. It is a good thing to display this kind of behaviour when it occurs especially since it is so funny and ironic because respect is insisted at the same time this pathetic and disrespectful behavior is happening.

Maybe you should re-read your comments that have been quoted in this question and think about whether your actions are something I should respect?

I can tell you, I have very little respect for you based on your actions and it is a shame for you, because I am one of the few people I know that always starts with respecting and believing an individual when I first encounter them, even on the internet. lol!

• Oh shut your ass effn Haole. Funny how some people like to jump in and act like they going to be fair, but don't see it for what it is either. My wife wants to knock her teeth out , I'm not idiot. Tf do you know about out here , and you live in another part of the world. You willing to come out here and stand with her to back her up? If not then zip your lip

• Lizzie slayed your ass with her strong wisdom and stands. Now you may officially talk to the wall, cranky old man.

• We'll , still waiting?

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 22

• Ok?

Except there's a problem with your logic, most elders don't demand or even ask to be respected, most of them just are respected because they're respectable and what they have been through and done is respectable.

Secondly no one ever said you had to respect all elders in the first place much less some random nut on the internet.

But the vast majority of elders are people who are respectable people and your right respect is earned but most elders already earned it, a long time ago.

Also you should take the responsibility for posting a inflammatory comment which incited that man to comment in the first place. You have no right to complain when how you worded your comment is a prime target for those exact kinds of people.

And yes what he said was bad and awful but you didn't help matters by fanning the flames. And continuing to piss him off, you could have just done the respectable thing and ignore instead having a pissing contest with him. Which in the end solved nothing.

It seems to me the one who is triggered here is you, if you really felt the need to make an entire mytake slandering/talking about an entire group of people just because of one experience with a random older man online.

And you talk about respect but based on what I am reading here your are neither respectful or respectable yourself. Kind of humorous to me seeing that kind of person preach about respect.

Feel free to comment or don't.

• Then I went through a similar situation (not exactly the same but the meaning was the same) I have the same opinion as yours.

Before I had a great respect for older people but today I see that if someone act like as "F%*king Asshole" it is not his nature that will make him be better.

Many treat others badly especially younger people because their lives were a piece of shit. And I have nothing to do with it, each with it's own problems, nobody's life is easy.

I respect older people for their wisdom, but not for the simple fact that they are old.

• He might have just deserved to be blocked. But what did he mean about in the "pacific islands"? He is just a sugar daddy and when he gets too wrinkly or becomes broke, that woman is just going to leave him to die alone in old age.

• He was from Hawaii :)

• Ah, so that is how he commands respect. He simply went to his local high school and found a teenager who didn't know any better.

:D

• What would you tell me if I blatantly started off by disrespecting you?

• No one of any age deserves respect unless they earn it.

• You have to understand, 20 years ago, "elders" were the Greatest Generation. They lived through WWII and the Depression and a lot of other shit besides. They were worthy of respect, and well capable of earning it for themselves.

Nowadays, those people are all dead and the vast overwhelming majority of "elders" are baby-boomers. They suck, they've always sucked, they never did anything good, and they squandered every single good thing that all their forefathers had bequeathed to them, and they didn't even bother to raise their own kids, they let the TV do it for them, that's Gen X.

Baby boomers do not deserve any respect, they are the reason there's no economy anymore. Baby boomers voted for every lying politician who ever whispered sweet promises in their ear, and then they stole money from social security, shipped jobs and manufacturing overseas, deregulated the banks, and the boomers lapped it all up because they were living high on the hog and most still are, even though their children and grandchildren will never taste that level of opulence.

2static.fjcdn.com/.../...oomers_0d495c_6014110.jpg

i.pinimg.com/.../...ca7a2c1832cf52bc4573836ce7.jpg

pics.me.me/...ls-leisure-for-i-took-a-24251305.png

• From the little I have seen you write, you don't seem to have respect for anyone or anything.
    The poor old lad is just getting flashbacks from the good old times when they used to beat the crap out of kids like you with bundles of reeds.

• s2.quickmeme.com/.../...26666b2a97904ca8712ac6.jpg

You literally typed all that shit. You both clearly want to bang.

• right. some old people are assholes.

Respect needs to be earned.

• you seem to be the exact opposite of what you claim. This guy bothered you so much that you wrote this about him. WOW, He wins

• You come off as being the calm one in this argument, but in reality you got so mad at this old man you dedicated a mytake about him.

• He is not representative of me, I have to say his reaction was a bit over the top and obliviously and ass who has to bolster his ego with demeaning language towards women and minorities.. How can you go through life so miserable , i don't know.. I rather see or experience the smile of a person then attack them and see their ire.. I hope you dont look at all of old codgers that way.. I think most of us are pretty cool! ( of course I would, Doh lol )

• Old people deserve respect for living so long and not dying.

• respectful people deserve respect. no matter who you are (old OR young, men OR woman, black OR white); if you're an asshole, i won't respect ya ^=^

• @John_Doesnt - just to be clear, why do you think I am an asshole? Please be specific so I understand your point. I do not think I get it so please try to make it clear to me. Thank you. :)

• @lizziepooh03 specifically? You have no honor and you don't have the will of the warrior.
      thumbnails.hulu.com/.../...QgSA4006DWdIgojz29g.jpg

• oh I think I know who this is

• @djaaay would you like to own up to your statements

• I'm fucking donewith you old man, I'll let you have the last word. And no I'm not scared, you're just an irrelevant and disgusting shithead floating on the internet. Iused to think all elders deserve respect because they're wise and stuff but after having metyou, you've changed my view. Not all elders are that, I've realised. Now fuck off while I sip tea as I watch the rest of your salty comments. 😊

• I (never ) asked you for respect. It's your blatant disregard and disrespect towards others that will get you in some deep shit out here in (our) part of the world. The US mainland isn't here for you.

• I tried to read this but I felt like I was reading something from Buzzfeed.

awful post; 1/10 for effort

• unfortunately young or old there are plenty of assholes out there, and respect is earned and not a right, and someone threatening violence against you clearly doesn't deserve any.

• 48min

This guy sounds like a sexual predator to me. You should have reported him to the authorities. You are absolutely correct in that respect has to be earned, and scumbags like this certainly don't earn my respect.

• Respect goes both ways.

• If age entitles respect would we all have to say nice things about Trump?

• Swears and tries to be rude to get respect...

• My thoughts exactly

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 15

• Wow I like this, so much fake and incorrect from the one source is a strange sight indeed, especially one claiming to be so knowledgeable...

• I think we should all have a base level of respect for every person we meet. Especially for those older. When someone is slightly rude I find it's best to bite your tongue and carry on, if someone is threatening and extremely disrespectful then of course stand up for yourself. But on its most generic level, you should generally have a level of respect for your fellow humans, even if they themselves might not have it.

• Honestly there's just a lot of salty bitter old men online, especially on this site. There's just not much you can do about it except try to duck and dodge them.

• Lol wow he's obviously going through something. Out of all things I bet people still wouldn't say anything to your face on the street lol. But yea elders or not they still have to respect others also, just bc they're older doesn't mean they're entitled to treating others like shit. I was in a store one day and this lady stopped and started a convo with my mom, so this older lady comes out the blue barreling through b/t us not sayin sword so I yell out like you could've said excuse me. I don't tolerate rudeness well.

• Don't worry about ol' boy. His headed to the cemetery ass is going to die soon anyway.

• I respect them if they respect me but if I feel disrespected I’m talking back I don’t care it’s 2017.

• 4d

I always do respect every age here until I feel something cross my line and irrespective to me as same human, I will use my standard with them because nothing guarantee even this site system that they can improve themselves anymore. Eldest and youngest mean nothings for this site and maybe for real because I found more for that I can say. Regards.

• I don't respect anyone but cats.

• Respect them.

• just reading that was a trip

• Great

• I love the sass and sarcasm, haha.

I only give respect when I receive. It is almost certainly not given to elders automatically. I care for the elderly and most of them treat me horribly.

• Only something so childish and poor written could have been written by a teenager.

• Aww thank you, you forgot there are kids younger than 12. But it's fine, grumpy😊

• You're gonna get old one day, and you're gonna be seen as an asshole to younger people. It's called the circle of life.

• so you are going to turn out like that guy? really?

• Op needs help lol

• @FreedomByChoice Haha you could be her teacher

• Mkay so this is a rant about an older guy who was an ass? People our age and younger can be assholes too.