Things Girls Worry About That Guys Don’t Actually Care About

Whether your breasts are the same size.

Having different-sized breasts is perfectly normal. We guys don't even know if you have different sized breast. We ain't gonna measure them and judge you. Also, It doesn't make you look attractive as long as size difference is large i.e difference about a cup size

Thigh Gaps

Thigh gaps are natural. It is believed that they're part of bone structure. So even if you don't have one, don't bother getting one.It isn't your fault. They aren't really that attractive nor unattractive. We don't really care about thigh gaps much.

Wearing Makeup

tbh most guys prefer natural face. Although heavy makeup can you make you like a doll, it is more unattractive than natural face. Your makeup skills are more likely to go unnoticed.

Nail Polish

Nail polishing always goes unnoticed unless shown intentionally.

Gaining Little Weight

Gaining weight is okay! Guys actually love chubby girls! As long as you don't turn from skinny to fat, gaining some weight doesn't really matter.

What you Eat On a Date

You can eat and you should eat whatever you want on a date. It doesn't leave a bad impression at all. As long as you're not eating mannerlessly and desperately, we don't mind what you eat

Some Cellulite or Stretch Marks.

Strech mark is probability most overrated concern by females. But guys don't actually care about it! you can search on gag about it if you want to. Strech marks don't actually make you look ugly unless in excessive quantity.

If You Text Us First

It just implies that you want to chat with us or like us. It is a misconception that it makes you look desperate or needy. But NO! Guys actually love it if women text them first.

3256

Most Helpful Girl

• It's kinda alarming that a lot of the points have an "unless" or "as long as".

• Oh my god I didn't even notice but you're so right!

• @zagor To me it only matters if she doesn't get what she wants.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say that I 'prefer' breasts of equal size, or at least have the difference not be immediately noticeable.

Don't care at all about thigh gaps.

I would prefer a woman wore no makeup at all as I want to see her in her natural beauty. And no, you don't have to tell me that women don't "naturally" have clean skin and dark eyelashes. I'm fully aware.

Gaining weight - well, so long as she is working it off, then it's okay. But since I'm not even remotely overweight myself, I'd prefer for there to be less of unnecessary weight.

Don't care about what she eats on a date at all. I mean, you're supposed to eat on a date, no?

Cellulite or Stretch - well obviously none would be good but I suppose it's not something I'd fuss over.

I really do not care whether she texts me first or if I text her first - so long as the conversations are interesting and we show mutual interest in starting and carrying them.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 31

• Omg! The food thing! I’ve never ordered a salad on a date. On my first dinner date with my boyfriend, I got a steak. He said it’s kinda annoying when girls don’t get what they actually want at dinner. Good to know. When baby wants ribs, she’s gonna order some ribs!

• I have friends who "play" attention games with me by texting (not texting) and I do the same, ik this! I am so sure of this!
    Anyway I never do that with my boyfriend, we don't play this kind of silly game, ever ever ❌
    Aand idt that my makeup skills go unnoticed if I receive compliments, right? 😊
    Anyway anyway 🍰 cupcaaakes ! Yummyumm

• 1|3
  • I literally don't care about any of these things. I'm not really that self conscious about how I look, but if I am going out then I will make an effort obviously.

As for texting, I hardly can be bothered to talk to people, but if you text me I will respond or if I actually have something to talk about then I'll text you. Texting for the sake of texting is just a waste of time in my opinion.

• I don't worry about what I order, GUUUUUUUURL, if we're going out I'm eating. Same with stretch marks, I'm not worried about them. Though I will disagree with the weight thing and makeup under certain contexts. Males do pay attention to stuff like weight and they don't care about makeup as long as the girl is pretty.

• I wish these was all true, but i really don't think it is much
    Or at least i can't believe its much
    But hell i am a pretty bad example on the matter, i don't use much makeup and i am pretty out of most of the things here

But I do think guys likely care about it, even if there not too aware of it, like they may think they don't like makeup but seeing someone without any makeup they may not like her and don't know why much
    Same without

Beyond that girl to girl i think many of us do care on the matter, and even if not there to are self

• You can read other male opinions on this thread if you don't think this is true. Specially on txdiie_'s thread

• Its not the same one thinks about
      And what they have

Have you ever had a feeling of like "I don't really like her, but i can't point out on why"

I think that is where it may get involved
      And i read and like i said, some do not care really, but some others i think wil lcare about it

• Cool take!😎
    Personally I don't care about any of the things mentioned in the take. But I've a friend who worries about thigh gaps.

• The problem is, shallow guys and not-shallow guys look the same. Dude, my ex freaking said that I would look better if my skin was lighter and my nose was a bit more blunt. He commented on how big feet I have.

I don't believe all guys are shallow, but when the nicest guys make the most irrelevant comment, I don't get surprised anymore.

• Lol these aren't all true. A guy shamed me for going from 90lbs to 100lbs and I'm almost 5 foot 6. THOught i looked better but he's like "you looked better before and you're not even attractive anymore. so chubby now"
    Also guys think they don't care about makeup but they do. Foundation, concealer, eyebrows, blush, contour, highlight, mascara, are all ok but once you add lipstick and eyeliner OMGGG EW SO MUCH MAKEUP. but if you have a naked face... oml

• Seems to me that you were taking to a douche who shamed you for your weight, not all guys do that. Those are the men you don't wanna date. I hope you find a great guy <3

• yea I believe it. I am bulimic. For a long time I was really too thin. But when I tried to get help I went from 180lbs to 360 lbs in 8 months. not at all cool when your mind is broken when it comes to food and body stuff. lol..

• The guy who shamed you for ten pounds, needs shaming himself. I hope you got rid of him right away. Guys both do, and don't care, about make up. A little makeup (a little) can enhance a girls looks, even make her look great. Though I often find a girl very attractive when wearing none, and just hanging out. That is, the none meaning, no make up. My experience is that more girls put on too much makeup, than too little. It's a real turn off when a girl wears so much make up, she hardly looks like herself.

• love this take and sincerly hope it's true

• but I'm a lesbian and girls care about these things...(Though I don't care haha)

• That's why you shouldn't be a lesbian.

• @Flatron Yeah, I don't think girls care too much about these things on their partners either. I don't.

• I see your point; women are more attractive than men.

• many guys here in asia care about most of those things.

• @BigJake i think it's because they're observant and honest

• Although I am Bengali, I learn Chinese so I also meet East Asians a lot. Everyone in our Chinese community would say I'm chubby but my family and other people would call me too skinny, lol. It was hilarious and I didn't know what I was 😂

• Nice take. Everything is pretty much agreeable.

• Lol most girls don't care that guys don't care about these things. I wanna wear makeup and i don't give a fuck if you think it looks unnatural.

• look how many downvotes i got ooooh i still don't give a fuck lol

• Damn that sounds like a full-time job.

• @zagor it's fun :) and most of us wouldn't want to quit that job now just because guys don't like it, would we? that's my point this whole time

• Kudos to you for not caring about these things, but quite a few guys actually do care about stretch marks and different size boobs. Not that I care.

• That's a nice one!

• I have an excessive amount of stretch marks.

• You, my lady, are a fierce tigress 🔥

On the other hand, I recently gained some stretch marks on my belly 😂 I'm definitely eating well 😂

• I've had guys tell me I was gross for nearly half of those...

• I have had guys notice my nail polish before. Also if a woman gains weight that goes straight to her waist/stomach that's going to make a difference to guys.
    But otherwise I agree with you.

• Guys make up anything to "notice" about a girl to talk to them. If they have painted nails, then cool. If not, then something else

• guys will notice your nail polish, just like we notice your makeup. But we care equally about if it is there or isn't... zero...

• Yes, it does.

• I may agree on most of then but the last one. Not many guys like a lady to text them often for them is a turn off ause they dotn like desesperate women or ladies bothering them often

• sorry, that isn't even a little true for most guys. There are always exceptions. I am looking for a woman that keeps texting me. The only thing I cannot stand, from anyone, is a bunch of 1 line texts. I love her texting me first and often. Just don't send 20000 1 line texts. paragraph's...

• More from Girls
    11

What Guys Said 55

• your point about stretch marks really hit home for me. my ex had quite a few because she was once overweight. she was really embarrassed about them but i always said her "tiger stripes" were a testament to her hard work in losing that weight.

i loved her wen she was over weight, and i loved her when she was slim... shame she couldnt love herself

• Great Job bro.

• Almost all correct except for makeup, the trick of good makeup is making the guy think she wears none while still enhancing her attractiveness. The fact we don't like a makeup look doesn't mean we are not unintentionally finding her more attractive if she conseals her inperfections.

• All excellent points! Very well said. One more point: Most guys either don't care or actually prefer smaller boobs. Only about 25% have an actual preference for big boobs.

• Can we just put all the makeup and nails stuff in one catagory please? Just call it anything added that is excessive is a no no. XD.

• It's hard to agree with this. Men do care about all those things BUT in moderation!
    A little bit of nail polish? Pretty and tells me the girl pays attention to herself. Huge nail extension with painting of Monalisa and encrusted with fake diamonds? Disgusting!
    A little bit of meat on the bone? sexy! So overweight you have flaps for skin flaps? gross!
    A few stretch marks? shows life experience and sexy. So many stretch marks that you can't find a patch of skin without one? Gross!
    Same goes for gaps, breasts, etc. Don't overdo it in any way and you are perfect to us! We worry more about "crazy" factor.

• I respect your opinion but I don't like that you use the word 'over do' it's not like we have a choice if our breasts are different.

• @Eefjedb Actually you do. Implants. You can put ones that are in balance with your overall figure. Or you can overdo it like DD size implants on a 5'2" frame that wears a size 0 dress.

Beauty is balance. Balance is beautiful.

• As always, Political Dude has a good feel for things. None of these things concern me in the least, and never have.

• What if guys and girls come to an impasse like congress when they can't come to a decision, and all romance and child production grinds to a halt because we're too triggered and angry to talk?

Humans are becoming progressively pathetic in how they cling desperately to their egos and privileges.

• Principally that's everything.
    Most girls are very numb thinking they don't usually take charge they expect men to and now it's got to a point where they can't even think for themselves.
    Hence why you get so many illogical things like these examples.

• Symmetrical boobs look better

I prefer women who have thigh gaps

I believe women should wear makeup and nail polish

I agree. Gaining a little weight is ok but only if it's in the booty region

Salad and a glass of water on a date. It's more ladylike

Cellulite looks like cottage cheese and stretch marks are a turnoff. I prefer flawless skin.

I prefer her to text me first

• My dude, you are Sooooo RIGHT! <3
    Glad girls finally get to know these things ;)

• Right. But I do notice the nail polish. I'm picky like that. And you're so right about the makeup. Some chicks look like clowns.

• Agreed, I don't give a damn about a lot of these kinds of things. Please be confident with who you are and do whatever damn well you please, I love that. I fell madly in love with a pretty average looking girl I'd known for many years about a year ago just because of how interesting and fun she was to be around, and of how she made me feel. Like I suddenly realized what was there in front of me all along. She had all the qualities I'd look for in a future partner. Unfortunately she was already in a relationship and I moved away. Really made me realize looks don't matter much in the grand scheme of things. Sure I love attractive girls but their looks can often be distracting from how I really feel about them

• I realized long time ago, that women never gave a dog poo about what men find attractive or not. They are most of the time completely off with their anticipation about the beauty ideal. Maybe women do not want to be pretty for guys but rather for girls. Their enemies. Psychological warfare :D

• IDGAF about thigh gaps. I probably won't even notice a few pounds gained or lost. Eat what you want as long as it isn't on my plate (or ask permission first). I have too many stretch marks of my own to be judging someone else on theirs.

Feel free to text first, but treat others as you would like to be treated. Girls often complain about receiving a bunch of, "Hi," or some similar empty greeting that leads nowhere. Guys don't like that either for the same reasons.

• yep...100%... true

• Yep, I've read it all, thinking i'd disagree on a point or two, but basically... yeah, we don't give a flying qwack about it.

• Yeah I dunno dude... thigh gaps are hot as hell. Speak for yourself on that one. Other than that, decent list.

• "Things Girls Worry About That Guys Don’t Actually Care About"

You mean EVERYTHING?

• More from Guys
    35