Why Women Seem Creepy or Intimidating to Some Guys

My dudes you have to understand something. There is a certain dynamic between the sexes which one cannot escape from. What men find intimidating is supposed to be there anyway. I'll explain

Guys, you have to understand that women naturally broadcast some sexual tension. This tension is almost always present around guys they are subcosnciously attracted to and its unavoidable. The only thing you can do, is face it. Even if you don't want to, you face it anyway, with your subcommunications and body language.

So what about this ever present tension? It's a reactive force that causes a reaction, what reaction will that be, almost solely depends on your state of consciousness. In simple words, how you will react to that tension is on you for the most part.

Let me give you an example. I was sitting in a cafe which offers sandwiches. And noticed a guy entering and going to the girl to order (it was self service when ordering). The girl was obviously attracted to him and she was playful and gave him a naughty smirk. The guy was caught by surprise, maybe weirded out a bit or even embarassed (he could be a virgin who knows) and instantly lowered his eyes and changed tone of his voice. The girl was infuriated and changed stance completely towards him and while she was making his sandwich she was angrily singing loud, and when she came near his table to serve it she acted a bit crazy.

While yes, I know the last part was bitchy and immature and it was on her for the most part, the truth is the guy's reaction had a huge role in it. She felt bad and weirded and dissapointed maybe doubted herself and her choices when she received such a "bad response". Especially considering he looked above 25. This tension will always be there, how you handle it is on you guys. There will always be this electrifying dynamic between the genders. I don't think there is a truly neutral stance against it except if you are some guru of some sort. It's either an acceptive energetic response that confidently knows to handle this tension, or one that breaks your spirit. Some girls have subtle signs some less subtly but for most its the same. It's this forcefield around a woman, which a "true man" knows how to handle with no problems.

This tension sort of exists in sales, business, and is connected with success of all kinds. So you want to learn how to handle it in all facets of life. Some men are afraid of this tension some even love it and seek it. I think the second category tends to do much better with the opposite gender.

I hope this helped somewhat and wish you good luck with your encounters with women next time.

2956

Most Helpful Guy

• Lmao did you ever consider that maybe... he wasn't attracted to her? Just because he gave a negative response doesn't mean he's a virgin or intimidated at all. How do girls react when guys they are not attracted to flirt with them? ... exactly, creeped out.

While the ending of your take is very true, that a lot of guys can do with a dose of testosterone and learn to eyecontact girls, i think the premise is a little bit of a stretch.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I think this relation is common with friends too, of you feel ignored or rejected when talking about something, they are supposed to help because they are friends, right?
    I never experienced reject from guys like in the example so I can only compare it with friend relations, well I was rejected many times by the same guy before because he belittled me for my age but now he is my boyfriend so... I don't think he was intimidated or feeling creepy because of me!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 55

• In the nutshell, OP thinks that men are in the wrong if they don't react the way women want.

This is quite an odd sort of take on sexes.

We women create tension, every man want us, but they can't handle it.

God forbid they can not possibly dislike us or anything, nononono no, they just can't handle it.

• come on guys no need to get derriere bruised.

• My advice is just stop thinking yourself as a desire object.

Only a shallow, base man would ever be friend with someone sith this attitude, let alone being in a relationship.

• He's right.

It's funny when society expects to take a woman's advances, and somehow its not right when he rejects

• The ONLY time I have ever found a woman intimidating was a situation involving her and a large chef's knife. That was it. This kind of fluff mentioned in this thread is not in the least bit intimidating, except to pathetic little boys who do not belong in the presence of a woman.

• too many lost sons of clint eastwood here. dat macho-ness though... .

• @Menelin, looks like I inspired you to white knight. Cute. But it won't get you laid, no matter how much you do it.

• White knighting doesn't get sex. That much we can agree on. It would be too bad for me if I cared about that. I'm just having fun watching a grown man claim to be mature only to fly off the handle at some slight provocation. You're definitely not disappointing me.

• I don't know about everyone else but from my own personal experience girls seem to have an innate ability to have the most inappropriate and fucked up timing when they approach me. And believe me it's as rare a full blue moon. I mean it's NEVER when I'm single and roaming the streets like Kane and able to do anything about it. For example I remember one time I was dating this girl and we had a massive blow out fight one evening driving home from work. It was so bad I actually thought I was going to punch her so instead I got out of the car in the middle of rush hour traffic on cold rainy winter day and just bailed. I found my way to the subway and while I'm sitting there cold and soaking wet with like 20 shirts I just picked up from the dry cleaners feeling like complete and utter shit trying to sort out wtf just happened I noticed a really cute girl staring at me from the other side of where I was sitting. After I got off to do a platform change so I could get back to the right direction of where i needed she followed me and just walked straight up me and very sweetly introduced herself to me. She was nervous as hell and her palms were even sweaty when she shook my hand. ANY other time in the whole universe had she done that I would have been like WOW this is amazing. But NOOOOOOOO she had to pick literally the worst fucking time possible and so of course I just didn't know what to do but stumble onto my train when it got there and watch her disappear for ever while my train rolled out. I have no idea what she thought cuz I was not able to sit there and explain why this was a very bad time. So yeah. I have other examples maybe less dramatic but you get the picture

• We can say the same to you girls. It's how respond that is important. It takes two to tango.

You can't expect the guy to do everything. Way too many expectations on us men.

• I'm not sure I can say that I have encountered a woman I felt was "creepy" other than an acquaintance's wife, and she obviously wasn't flirting with me.

I have been hit on by women who shouldn't have because of the position they were in, but I didn't find that intimidating or creepy, just clumsy on their part.

• She is only intimidating when I really like her. If I don't like her then I don't care.

• true liking her makes it for you guys even harder to handle the tension

• I can talk and flirt with girls easily when I have no invested emotions. There's someone I fell for a few years back, and around her I felt like an idiot. I was always embarrassed when I was around her like I looked funny or sounded odd. I was so nervous whenever I saw her. Could nothing phase me, and then she came along and I was scared.

• interesting. Thanks.

• Women seem intimidating to betas, virgins and guys with little to no social skill or experience with women.

• She wasn't creepy until she had issues with his rejection. A guy also has the right to say no to an advance. If a woman picks up on a guy there's nothing creepy about it, but if she doesn't handle rejection well that is creepy.

• The only women that are flirty or playful with me have boyfriends, girlfriends, or are married.

• Women are intimidating to me because I don't have much confidence.

• that plays a role too. especially if the mn finds the girl somewhat attractive.

• I'm just oblivious to the whole thing. Not many available women around me are all that attractive to me, and rare is the woman I actually think is showing interest. What could I do even if she was? I'm just not in a position to be anybody's boyfriend right now.

• Or he simply wasn't interested in her. If a woman can't handle a guy spurning her advances that's on her. It's a two way street. Either a person is into you and responds positively or or they're not into you and you come across as a creep. It's really that simple.

• From what planet are you? Madre Mia..

Just kidding! I was one of those guys, and somehow I am still (sometimes). I mean I don't have a job yet, I was studying and a part time jobs doesn't exist in my city. The fear I had was related to me more than to them. Beside not having a job there were other issuee that brought me ansiety and didn't make me respond to girls I like, in an assertive way.

• I was once "cat called'' by a car load of women while walking with my shirt off after working out. I'm naturally shy and it was a little intimidating but not in a threatening way more of a awkward way like what do I do?

• Two words that don't belong to either gender - creepy, and intimidated. People are neither.

• I'm going to be honest, girls don't connect well with me. It's like when you get a magnet near some ambiguous piece of metal and it seems like there's some reaction but it's barely there.

• Wow this explains a lot. I usually give a bad reaction to the tension because some girls just can't control themselves and it completely creeps me out.

• I chicken out like that too ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    Is it related to past trauma?

• who knows. usually its lack of "game" and experience around women.

• I agree with that ๐Ÿ‘

• It's much simpler for me.
    I don't find anything about women, generally speaking, to be "creepy."

As for intimidating, that is less her, and more approaching her. Being shot down hurts... being humiliated in front of her friends, my friends, or strangers around us is no fun... and if she was a friend or even just aqauintence before I approached her, if she says no, there is a decent chance any existing relationship is destroyed.

It isn't that women are intimidating, it is the approach, and the fall out of failure, and the pressure to not fuck up of she days yes, that are intimidating.

• thats with anything. the thing itself is never intimidating. the thoughts about the fall out, are.

• In short: it's the guy's responsibility to handle the emotions of the girls around them.

• Can't be one sided now. Everyone is responsible for keeping their emotions in check and reading the situation and behaving appropriately

• More from Guys
    35

What Girls Said 28

• I don't really get what you saying here to be honest, i read it 3 times now, and i just don't get it
    Why dose these go only one way? a guy i think can do it just as much as we can, and they do it from time to time, both sides need to balance on it, its not a job of only one side
    Hell maybe that 25 looking guy did not mean to send anything as well and she got the idea without him meaning for it as well?

I may be just miss understanding you how ever

• you will mayybe understand some day hehe

• Why do you think it will take me time? what am i missing now?

And again why dose it go only one way?

• If you're ugly, you're more likely to come off as creepy. Male or female

• True. And welcome back. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @Bluemax yes! That's a good point. Men don't view us usually as creep. We get the desperate label haha. Good catch.

• So, if women do it, itโ€™s โ€œintimidatingโ€.
    If men do it, it would be considered sexual harassment.

• oh come one a girl realistically will never be frowned upon by society for something like that. its how life works

• Thatโ€™s pretty much my point.

• girls can be super obsessive and scary (i said can be just few of them not all). im aware that im a girl too, but i get scared of girls sometimes...

• lol i know what you mean

• Bc guys are trying to hard to figure out the women instead of going with the flow.

• I'm really not sure what point you were trying to make with this.

• Ok so maybe the guy just wanted to eat his sandwich. Some people are dicks when hungry.

Anyways I thought this is about actual creepy behaviour like Facebook stalking a guy and then telling him his baby nephew born 6 months ago is sweet.

• Usually, it's the guy that seems intimidating from what I have encountered.

• Nah I'm just an awkward individual and my intense stares seem to creep guys out ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ
    I get avoided more times than I'd like to admit

• Well, I would also be intimidated by guys if they reacted that poorly to my disinterest.

• i don't know if women seem creepy to men very often. that is more of something women feel about men. men just think some women are insane

• I just seem creepy because I AM creepy.

• nuh u r too harsh on yourself

• Lol, nah. I'm definitely a creep, but I've come to terms with it. I take FB stalking to a whole other level. And I've done plenty of other things in my heyday that were def creepy as hell.

• for the desire of happiness

• Okay. Thanks.

• Hmm interesting thanks

• Lol i hope i'm not creepy

• what girl does that ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• I don't understand

• And what if he just wasn't attracted to her and she was making him feel uncomfortable? Are these men obligated to flirt back or something? Maybe if the "sexual tension" is not being reciprocated the person who is initiating the flirting should just respect that and stop. You cannot tell someone else how to react to unwarranted "sexual tension".

• its a part of life though. you've done it, i've done it, we all do it even unconsciously some times. double standards are based on true evolutionary and neurological roots. so yeah, men are expected to handle that tension even if its unwanted.

• all girls hide an animal inside. we are a mix of darkness and light we humans. so you never flirted with a guy?

• and women are supposed to handle the tension when they get rejected, just like when guys do

• No idea

• More from Girls
    8