Why Women Seem Creepy or Intimidating to Some Guys

My dudes you have to understand something. There is a certain dynamic between the sexes which one cannot escape from. What men find intimidating is supposed to be there anyway. I'll explain

Guys, you have to understand that women naturally broadcast some sexual tension. This tension is almost always present around guys they are subcosnciously attracted to and its unavoidable. The only thing you can do, is face it. Even if you don't want to, you face it anyway, with your subcommunications and body language.

So what about this ever present tension? It's a reactive force that causes a reaction, what reaction will that be, almost solely depends on your state of consciousness. In simple words, how you will react to that tension is on you for the most part.

Let me give you an example. I was sitting in a cafe which offers sandwiches. And noticed a guy entering and going to the girl to order (it was self service when ordering). The girl was obviously attracted to him and she was playful and gave him a naughty smirk. The guy was caught by surprise, maybe weirded out a bit or even embarassed (he could be a virgin who knows) and instantly lowered his eyes and changed tone of his voice. The girl was infuriated and changed stance completely towards him and while she was making his sandwich she was angrily singing loud, and when she came near his table to serve it she acted a bit crazy.

While yes, I know the last part was bitchy and immature and it was on her for the most part, the truth is the guy's reaction had a huge role in it. She felt bad and weirded and dissapointed maybe doubted herself and her choices when she received such a "bad response". Especially considering he looked above 25. This tension will always be there, how you handle it is on you guys. There will always be this electrifying dynamic between the genders. I don't think there is a truly neutral stance against it except if you are some guru of some sort. It's either an acceptive energetic response that confidently knows to handle this tension, or one that breaks your spirit. Some girls have subtle signs some less subtly but for most its the same. It's this forcefield around a woman, which a "true man" knows how to handle with no problems.

This tension sort of exists in sales, business, and is connected with success of all kinds. So you want to learn how to handle it in all facets of life. Some men are afraid of this tension some even love it and seek it. I think the second category tends to do much better with the opposite gender.

I hope this helped somewhat and wish you good luck with your encounters with women next time.

2956

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 56

• Lmao did you ever consider that maybe... he wasn't attracted to her? Just because he gave a negative response doesn't mean he's a virgin or intimidated at all. How do girls react when guys they are not attracted to flirt with them? ... exactly, creeped out.

While the ending of your take is very true, that a lot of guys can do with a dose of testosterone and learn to eyecontact girls, i think the premise is a little bit of a stretch.

• It's much simpler for me.
    I don't find anything about women, generally speaking, to be "creepy."

As for intimidating, that is less her, and more approaching her. Being shot down hurts... being humiliated in front of her friends, my friends, or strangers around us is no fun... and if she was a friend or even just aqauintence before I approached her, if she says no, there is a decent chance any existing relationship is destroyed.

It isn't that women are intimidating, it is the approach, and the fall out of failure, and the pressure to not fuck up of she days yes, that are intimidating.

• thats with anything. the thing itself is never intimidating. the thoughts about the fall out, are.

• I've head butted with this tension more then a few times. i have no idea what you are trying to say, or what you or the girls trying this what me to do about it. Most of the girls trying to grasp at straws by saying the samething over and over again or just random crazyness. my eye infection is not contages. I had a friend standing by me and go "what the fuck was that" and i went the reason why I'm single.

Being on the offensive of the attraction game is like playing poker with your hand face up. I get it's a lossing game. It's still bad approach if the guy goes "what are you doing"

• We can say the same to you girls. It's how respond that is important. It takes two to tango.

You can't expect the guy to do everything. Way too many expectations on us men.

• I'm not sure I can say that I have encountered a woman I felt was "creepy" other than an acquaintance's wife, and she obviously wasn't flirting with me.

I have been hit on by women who shouldn't have because of the position they were in, but I didn't find that intimidating or creepy, just clumsy on their part.

• "Why Women Seem Creepy or intimidating to Some Guys" [explanation...] "good luck [...] next time". Is this supposed to tell us what he did wrong what we shall do better with females? If you can't control your "tension", then what's that to us? Imagine he'd have responded to that, with every following "subtle sign". Eventually, they'd have gotten married, divorced again, brokenhearted. Maybe even because he chose the slighty wrong shirt when blindly grabbing something to dress up in the morning.

You girls seem to go with random incidents, yet you seem to complain about things going wrong, like ending up brokenhearted. This isn't intimidating, but annoying.

• In the nutshell, OP thinks that men are in the wrong if they don't react the way women want.

This is quite an odd sort of take on sexes.

We women create tension, every man want us, but they can't handle it.

God forbid they can not possibly dislike us or anything, nononono no, they just can't handle it.

• come on guys no need to get derriere bruised.

• My advice is just stop thinking yourself as a desire object.

Only a shallow, base man would ever be friend with someone sith this attitude, let alone being in a relationship.

• Women are creepy because women are creepy. They're fucking crazy. There's no other explanation to it. Your typical young woman has zero emotional control. They don't just wear their hearts on their sleeve. They broadcast their emotions, especially malcontent, through an amplifier turned up to maximum volume. It's not necessarily intimidating. It's just off putting. I'm not intimidated by a woman going off her rocker. I'm just annoyed and uncomfortable and want to be 359028590238529308 feet away from her as soon as possible.

• Two words that don't belong to either gender - creepy, and intimidated. People are neither.

• She wasn't creepy until she had issues with his rejection. A guy also has the right to say no to an advance. If a woman picks up on a guy there's nothing creepy about it, but if she doesn't handle rejection well that is creepy.

• I don't know about everyone else but from my own personal experience girls seem to have an innate ability to have the most inappropriate and fucked up timing when they approach me. And believe me it's as rare a full blue moon. I mean it's NEVER when I'm single and roaming the streets like Kane and able to do anything about it. For example I remember one time I was dating this girl and we had a massive blow out fight one evening driving home from work. It was so bad I actually thought I was going to punch her so instead I got out of the car in the middle of rush hour traffic on cold rainy winter day and just bailed. I found my way to the subway and while I'm sitting there cold and soaking wet with like 20 shirts I just picked up from the dry cleaners feeling like complete and utter shit trying to sort out wtf just happened I noticed a really cute girl staring at me from the other side of where I was sitting. After I got off to do a platform change so I could get back to the right direction of where i needed she followed me and just walked straight up me and very sweetly introduced herself to me. She was nervous as hell and her palms were even sweaty when she shook my hand. ANY other time in the whole universe had she done that I would have been like WOW this is amazing. But NOOOOOOOO she had to pick literally the worst fucking time possible and so of course I just didn't know what to do but stumble onto my train when it got there and watch her disappear for ever while my train rolled out. I have no idea what she thought cuz I was not able to sit there and explain why this was a very bad time. So yeah. I have other examples maybe less dramatic but you get the picture

• This is a site for opening discussion, not ranting about how you think you can turn a sexist ideal into propagandic smut.

You want people to stand up for themselves and get what they want, and I think what you value as a being a person is skewed very heavily in the direction of people being individuals who go against your cognitive dissonance are basically just filler for you.

Life is about way more than just getting your expectations met, as this and other responses should show you.

Shame on you and I hope you grow up immensely before even daring to parent anyone

• The ONLY time I have ever found a woman intimidating was a situation involving her and a large chef's knife. That was it. This kind of fluff mentioned in this thread is not in the least bit intimidating, except to pathetic little boys who do not belong in the presence of a woman.

• too many lost sons of clint eastwood here. dat macho-ness though... .

• Someone so boasting of himself, belittling of everyone else and quick to offense at the slightest provocation. Traits more of a pathetic little boy trying to wear a man's suit.

• @Menelin, awwwwwwww, did I stwike a widdle nerve? Don't worry, I'm sure you can go clutch your pearls until you feel better.

• The only women that are flirty or playful with me have boyfriends, girlfriends, or are married.

• Insecure guys or unwashed women...

• Because many women are creepy with no integrity.

• She is only intimidating when I really like her. If I don't like her then I don't care.

• true liking her makes it for you guys even harder to handle the tension

• I can talk and flirt with girls easily when I have no invested emotions. There's someone I fell for a few years back, and around her I felt like an idiot. I was always embarrassed when I was around her like I looked funny or sounded odd. I was so nervous whenever I saw her. Could nothing phase me, and then she came along and I was scared.

• interesting. Thanks.

• Wow this explains a lot. I usually give a bad reaction to the tension because some girls just can't control themselves and it completely creeps me out.

• for love

• I love that tension I feel from women... πŸ˜›

• More from Guys
    36

What Girls Said 29

• I think this relation is common with friends too, of you feel ignored or rejected when talking about something, they are supposed to help because they are friends, right?
    I never experienced reject from guys like in the example so I can only compare it with friend relations, well I was rejected many times by the same guy before because he belittled me for my age but now he is my boyfriend so... I don't think he was intimidated or feeling creepy because of me!

• If you're ugly, you're more likely to come off as creepy. Male or female

• True. And welcome back. πŸ˜‰

• @Bluemax yes! That's a good point. Men don't view us usually as creep. We get the desperate label haha. Good catch.

• I don't really get what you saying here to be honest, i read it 3 times now, and i just don't get it
    Why dose these go only one way? a guy i think can do it just as much as we can, and they do it from time to time, both sides need to balance on it, its not a job of only one side
    Hell maybe that 25 looking guy did not mean to send anything as well and she got the idea without him meaning for it as well?

I may be just miss understanding you how ever

• you will mayybe understand some day hehe

• Why do you think it will take me time? what am i missing now?

And again why dose it go only one way?

• I'm really not sure what point you were trying to make with this.

• I just seem creepy because I AM creepy.

• nuh u r too harsh on yourself

• Lol, nah. I'm definitely a creep, but I've come to terms with it. I take FB stalking to a whole other level. And I've done plenty of other things in my heyday that were def creepy as hell.

• Okay. Thanks.

• So, if women do it, it’s β€œintimidating”.
    If men do it, it would be considered sexual harassment.

• oh come one a girl realistically will never be frowned upon by society for something like that. its how life works

• That’s pretty much my point.

• Nah I'm just an awkward individual and my intense stares seem to creep guys out πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ™„πŸ˜ŸπŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜­
    I get avoided more times than I'd like to admit

• Usually, it's the guy that seems intimidating from what I have encountered.

• for the desire of happiness

• Hmm interesting thanks

• Well, I would also be intimidated by guys if they reacted that poorly to my disinterest.

• Lol i hope i'm not creepy

• girls can be super obsessive and scary (i said can be just few of them not all). im aware that im a girl too, but i get scared of girls sometimes...

• lol i know what you mean

• Bc guys are trying to hard to figure out the women instead of going with the flow.

• what girl does that πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Ok so maybe the guy just wanted to eat his sandwich. Some people are dicks when hungry.

Anyways I thought this is about actual creepy behaviour like Facebook stalking a guy and then telling him his baby nephew born 6 months ago is sweet.

• I don't understand

• i don't know if women seem creepy to men very often. that is more of something women feel about men. men just think some women are insane

• And what if he just wasn't attracted to her and she was making him feel uncomfortable? Are these men obligated to flirt back or something? Maybe if the "sexual tension" is not being reciprocated the person who is initiating the flirting should just respect that and stop. You cannot tell someone else how to react to unwarranted "sexual tension".

• its a part of life though. you've done it, i've done it, we all do it even unconsciously some times. double standards are based on true evolutionary and neurological roots. so yeah, men are expected to handle that tension even if its unwanted.

• I'm sure the men love your inability to control yourself

• all girls hide an animal inside. we are a mix of darkness and light we humans. so you never flirted with a guy?

• More from Girls
    9