It this normal behavior for a girl who's had bad experiences with guys?

Anonymous
I have a female friend who I've known for 8 months and recently she made it obvious she is attracted to me. I never saw her as my type because she goes for jerks. Guys who use her and dump, she's been beaten by one guy, guys that stalk her after she's told them never to contact her again, guys that show up drunk at her apartment.

A mutual friend convinced me to go ahead and give her a chance so I asked her out. We ended up having a lot of fun and she is quite a different person than I thought she was. She started off "chasing" me quite a bit, but she always had an excuse why she didn't want to go on a date and just wanted to hang out with me in groups.

I'm a little bit a of "bad guy". I'm muscular and lean, I have a distinct smell and style, I drive a truck with a custom sound system, I do a pretty good job of playful teasing (working on it), and I've been out dancing with her a couple times and there has been grinding with her and other girls we are mutual friends with. However I am a recovering "Nice Guy", and I think some things like me being too available are hurting me, as I have asked her out every week only to have her give some excuse.

I finally just asked her if she was interested in me, and she was defensive at first, but she eventually said she is interested and wants to know me but she needs to trust me first because her heart has been broken too many times. She told me some of her past that I can't tell anyone, and I thought that was a good sign, but in the 2-3 weeks since I've been seeing her even less.

Is this normal behavior for a girl who has been hurt by guys or is she playing games? Do I need to be a little bit more of a "jerk" to attract her before I start acting more like a boyfriend? Does she just need time? I want to give her a chance to trust me and not rush into anything, but how can she trust me if she doesn't know me?

Any one have any ideas or experience with girls that have been repeatedly hurt by guys in the past?
2
0