Why do so many girls feel the urge to flirt when in a long term relationship? And why do so many have a problem with being honest about it?

Its really f**king frustrating. I start talking to a girl, just about something simple like what they're going to school for or something. I make eye contact when I talk, its just what I do; then suddenly they're smiling, laughing, flipping their hair around, and touching me. Then right before I make a move to ask them out or something, I find out that they're in a year long relationship, either because they FINALLY decided to tip me off or because someone else brought it up.

It's especially frustrating because I've never had a girlfriend and I'm already f**king 25 years old. Its only been recently that I've even been able to consider dating. Obviously I'm not the greatest at reading signals, but what I'm getting from numerous women is obvious even for me to pick up on. I get it, you like attention, but you know what I like? I like not being misled repeatedly into wasting my time on a girl that's looking forward to engagement! I'm a nice guy, and I'm not saying I'm entitled to anything, but I would at least appreciate some honesty if you're not able or willing to give me a chance! I'm sick of feeling like I'm getting somewhere only to be told I never stood a chance to begin with!!

I'm sorry, this became more of a rant than a question. Regardless, any insight would be appreciated.
3
2