A friend of mine shared her thoughts and I don't really know how to think of it. May I have your opinion?

Fredio234
So recently I've been getting closer with a friend of mine. We didn't hang out much in the past, but recently we have been getting closer. She is more open about her life to me as I have been more open about mine her. Lately, I've been thinking about whether or not I should ask her out on a date. However, I'll admit I'm inexperienced when it comes to asking out women that I genuinely become friends with first. Now, I'm not saying that asking out women whom I don't know is easier, please don't get me wrong, but I do find it easier for myself to approach women who I don't know. Anyway, she said something to me recently that I found to be a bit confusing. If I may, I'd like to ask for your opinion about what she had said. I can't remember it word for word, but she basically told me her thoughts on "friendship". She said, "This is what I think constitutes a friendship,..., anything more would make the relationship more than just a friendship..." I do have a couple thoughts on what this could mean, but there is a certain level of uncertainty that I want to clear before I continue. If I may ask, what would this mean to you?
1
2