Why did he do that?

My ex now left without saying anything to me last Tuesday night. (Drunk) He was suppose to come over but instead he came and got his stuff and bounced without letting me know.Things between us were good. We been together for 3 years on and off but this time around we been together 6 months straight. We were lovey dovey etc, but he emailed me a couple of days ago and said he's been confused and that he loves me dearly. He won't call, text or come talk to me face to face about it but he can email me. I feel hurt because I put my all into our relationship I thought he did too, so what's his issue? I know his going through issues such as low on money, car broke down etc. I don't get why he couldn't talk to me in person instead of just disappearing and not even letting me know what's going on. Is it because of the baggae his has with himself that affects his relationships? I'm done crying my eyes out but I am curious to why a guy would leave someone he loves and that has been there for him. Could it be family, friends? He did this before and came back 3 weeks later. I feel like more time was wasted!

In his email he also says that I never said much about anything, huh? I don't know what he meant by that. I did nothing wrong but love him and be there for him. Is he insecure? why do guys act like that? why tell someone your in it all the way and do things to try to improve the relationship but then just leave like its nothing?

Help
Why did he do that?
2
2