Am I still an introvert inside?

I have always considered myself an introvert, but in the past few years, I have created a bubbly, vivacious persona which I project to the outside world. This morning, a male coworker referred to me, my friend and him when talking about another person as being "not an extrovert like the three of us." This is the first time anyone ever actually called me an extrovert. Am I still an introvert inside, or has my extroverted side now become the real me?

1118

What Guys Said 18

• What people perceive of you and what you believe of yourself are usually different. You may be very interactive to others when you are in social aspects, but do you tend to want to be to yourself mostly? Do you prefer to be inside with a good book or watching TV than going out to parties or friends house or socialize in big groups? Do you need to be alone to recharge to be able to socialize again? If you answer yes to any of these points, you're more than likely an introvert, but can be open socially if need be and depending on the group you are around.

• I am an extroverted introvert. Like you, I've always considered myself to be and introvert. People who I used to work with thought I was an extrovert because I at times came across that way at work. But at my root, I am definitely an introvert!

• Introvert has many degrees. Some people are inverted but are very friendly and warm but they may just prefer to sit and talk with two or three close friends but are still personable and friendly if a stranger introduced themselves. Introvert doesn't have to mean overly shy and bashful to talk to anyone. It can just mean they prefer to be more low key and desiring to hang out with a friend verses meeting ten new people every time they go out.

It is also possible that you have grown and blossomed a bit. Maybe you used to be more introverted but have gotten a little more comfortable in your own skin over the years.

• 1|0
  • I’m kind of in the same boat but I would classify ourselves as both or just a very social introvert.

I’m just no longer afraid to do whatever I want or talk to anyone I like but I still have moments were I like to be alone and have a moment to “recharge” so I can be social.

• You're an undercover introvert

• Still an introvert. I know because I am an introvert too. I can work a room, socialize in parties, etc. Ultimately, I look forward to quiet time and like alone time. My wife is a total extrovert though.

• The fact that you are asking this shows you have a tendency for self analysis which is more an introverted trait. Instead of trying to be what you think others approve of you old try recognising the strengths and even advantages you have as an introvert..

• The issue is, are you just projecting that persona, or is it actually who you are becoming? You can also have traits of both an introvert and an extrovert. If the changes seem genuine within you, then your personality may be changing to an extrovert. It's possible, that you were an extrovert all along, and issue of childhood or elsewhere, kept that personality from developing as it might have otherwise.

• Still an introvert

• still introvert.

• Perhaps you are an ambivert now.

• I don't personally think that is a fluid aspect of personality. Do you still find interactions draining?

• 6d

No, I don't. Not anymore. But I still like my alone time sometimes.

• Yes you are an introvert

• More than likely you are an extrovert that is a wannabe introvert.

• Well things change just like the weather does! So be happy about that if someones seen a change if for the better no worse.. So if you have been seen happy and well involved its a good thing it not good haveing a flat tire all the time nore is it attractive and you won't get far with you job

• Sure.

• It's good now you are opening up keep it up

What Girls Said 11

• See, personality is, at its core, a cognitive/mental condition--not a behavioural one. Certainly, there are behavioural aspects to it--in the case of introversion, these include traits like quietness, reservation, and reticence. But, in contrast to the mental aspect, the behavioural is much more fluid, and can change with time and conscious effort. I can attest to this, personally.
    Personality isn't what you show to the world; it's what you show to yourself when no one's looking.
    So, to figure out if you're still an introvert or not, you have to ask yourself: to how much of the mental aspect do you hold true?
    - Do you tend to EXPEND energy in social interactions, or do you feel more energized in those settings? For instance, do you feel better around smaller groups made up of people that you know, or are you fully comfortable and relaxed around big groups of new people? After a day of social activity, do you feel mentally drained and need to be alone to "re-charge", or do you find that the more you're around people, the more you want to be around people? At a social gathering, are you more among the first, or the last people to leave?
    - Do you genuinely enjoy spending time alone? We all need our alone time, mind you--being around people 24/7 would drive even the most extroverted extrovert up the wall--but do you PREFER to do solitary activities over social ones MOST of the time?
    - When you are upset or angry, is your first instinct to tell someone about it, or do you ruminate on it for a bit?
    - When you're out and about, do you prefer to be watched, or watch others?

• I have been An extreme shy introvert untill last Summer wich i let my bubbly energetic Persona shines threw. Turned out that it costs me way less energy and i get more happy this way. But i still love to Read and game and have movie nights at home but can also enjoy clubbing and parties now. I like to refer to myself as ambivert. my core is stil a shy person somewhere way down there wich makes me more understanding towards other shy people wich i go to and talk to and invite to stuff.

I would suggest take the mbti test. i first scored intp and now i score entp. Only my introvert thing has changed the rest of my personality has not

• It's all come back to you, I guess. So many people think that when you're such a bubbly friendly person, means you're an extrovert. It's not always like that.
    .
    Whenever I told anyone that I'm a legit introvert, no one believes me (except my families and closest friends, of course). Because I have a bubbly personality and they said I'm really friendly and someone who can be friends with anyone.
    .
    The thing is, I still need my charging time. I need to be alone for a while to keep me sane. I also don't like it when some people get into my personal bubble. I hate talking to people if I don't really have to, and often glad when there's a cancelled plan. I just mask it with a bubbly personality because I hate being rude to people.
    .
    So you should ask yourself. Are you still an introvert?

• Sounds like you're probably becoming more confident.

• i have always tought that you are extrovert but i dont know you irl so, maybe you are a little of both, depends on the person you are with?

• Introvert is not someone who is shy and quiet. It's someone who gets burned out of social situations and needs time to recharge. An extrovert is someone is recharged by social energy. I am personally and introvert. I love going out and dressing up, but I have to feel up to it, and once I have that big night out, I need to stay in for a while.

• I'm not around you, so I don't know how you act, but I think there is probably some introvert three still

• You might just be an ambivert just like me.

• Yup still an introvert...

• It all depends on where you gain most energy from. Are you more alert and energized from being alone or with a group of people?

• Apparently being an introvert just means you rejuvenate best on your own while extroverts get their energy from being around people. It doesn't really matter how you present yourself - you can be bubbly and happy and shit but still feel drained when around people and need to go recharge by yourself. If you find yourself feeling good and energetic and shit being around lots of people, then you might be an extrovert or even just an ambivert.