Anybody else have no desire at all to have kids?

I’ve never gotten the “rave” some girls have over having kids. I’ve never felt the desire to have them, and I don’t think I ever will. It actually pisses me off when people expect me to have kids and then act like I’m crazy when I say I don’t want any.

Any other girls (or guys) that don’t want kids?

• I don’t want kids.
    56%(30)57%(64)Vote59%(34)
  • I do want kids.
    37%(20)36%(40)Vote34%(20)
  • I’m not sure yet.
    7%(4)7%(8)Vote7%(4)

Most Helpful Guy

• If Im honest, I never wanted kids. I was too afraid to have them for several reasons so I was dead against it. I thought this would always be the way but when I hit 30 I decided otherwise. Call it cliché but I have 2 now and couldnt imagine life without them. I believe that if you dont want kids, you won't have them. But that said I also velieve that some people aren't ready for kids and must reach a point in their life when they are. Until that point is reached, you will always feel like you dont want them. It may click one day, it may not but its your choice at the end of the day. Peer pressure is pathetic. Having kids because people say you should or because you see everyone else doing it is a bad reason to want or have them. I can understand why it pisses you off. I found myself constantly amused when people couldnt accept my refusal of wanting kids. Its not a law. It doesn't make me weird or stupid.

Most Helpful Girl

• I want kids, but I 100% understand people not wanting kids. Kids are a lot of hard work and require a lot of tolerance.

What Guys Said 25

• I can't wait to have kids one day. Just the thought of being entrusted with raising a baby from infancy to adulthood is something that I'm really drawn to. It's amazing being able to bring another human being into the world having their complete trust in you while being their whole world to them as well. Raising a child won't be easy but I feel that if you can do it right the feeling that you get from it will be outstanding.

• Everyone needs to have the number of children that is right for them. For some people that number is 0.

• It's normal to not want kids. It is also selfish too so know that about yourself. Having kids means putting other people's needs before your own needs. It's a lot of work and if you don't want to have any kids I don't blame you. The world is over populated as it is...

• I find it odd people consider it 'selfish ' with no clear context. I hear it a lot. but i wonder if they thought much about it.

as far as i can see, lots of things involve putting other people before you, that have nothing to do with having biological children--esp bc people tend to see kids as an extension of their ego, so they are still putting themselves first. helping starving kids that are not yours would be putting other people first,.

if you dont have a kid the world won't suffer unless you raised the to be altruistic but then you could just be that way yourself and cut out the middleman. . whereas contributing socially would have an impact.

• ^^ exactly. How can it be selfish if they don’t even exist yet. I think it’s more selfish to bring a child into a world like this (especially if you’re not adopting).

• I've got three kids. Taking care of kids is hard, especially if you don't have any help from family. I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to have kids, even though I'd like to have more (I guess I'm a glutton for punishment).

• I've got male and female friends who don't want children. I'm among them.
    I don't dislike kids but parenthood isn't for me.

• How old are you because when you get old like 30+ years old you usually want to have someone to continue your family but it’s normal for you to not want kids right now some girls like the idea when they are young some don’t and my girlfriend wants to have kids and I do to so my family history doesn’t just end

• just an info. before i got kids i always said to my wife. whenever happen to our kids or her i'll always save wife first. coz we can just make another later on.

after having kids that change i prefer to save kids than wife if they're both in urgent. well that's sad fact really, and i think wife think the same way as i did.

• I don't want kids either, so you're not alone.

• Kids are annoying

• Count me in there. I don't have any and I don't want any.

• I don’t want kids.

• wow, I've asked this like 2 minutes ago :) kids seem to me as the ultimate ego trip and not having kids is the most ecological thing you do, even if you litter, and so on.

• Why do you keep copying other people's questions?

• This is my own question.

• I do want kids. I'm not depriving myself of the chance to be a dad. Maybe when I'm 40 though.

• and a lot of these girls shouldn't have kids. lots of girls just having kids on accident. i didn't want any but i have 2 now. there 15.16. raised. on my own.

• I do want kids.

Normal, respectable, willed, children are wonderful.

• Not any time soon.

• I have no desire to have kids

• No way!

• I don't want kids. For mine and their own good.

• i want kids so i can scream at em!

• I couldn't care less about kids. I think they're stupid and annoying.

• i do not WANT kids, but, as an only child and male, i need to have at least one. WANTING one, will never change

• No-one NEEDS to have a child for any reason :p

• Who the hell is "they"?

• go look it up

• I want when im around 30 and financally independant fron this fucked up society my biggest goal in my life

• I want NONE!!!

What Girls Said 20

• I do not want any. I am a career girl. LOL!

• I do want to have kids in the future but I'm scared of what they will turn out when they become older. Why if they take the wrong path and commit violent acts? Sometimes it's not about parenting. I've watched my parents lecture and teach my brothers and I over and over again and my brother is still rebellious, no job, plays games, smokes and drinks. It's the people who he hangs with and surrounds himself with. Sometimes parenting is just not enough and that's what scares me. People will start blaming parents.

• im young obviously, but at the moment i can't see myself ever having kids or wanting kids. i have a lot of things i want to do with my life, and kids just dont fit in my vision. i feel like because im so young, people think ill change my mind, and who knows maybe i will.. but right now i dont think my mind will change.

• I don't want kids. And I don't have to explain myself.

• I like your answer. "Not wanting kids" is good enough. Doesn't need an explanation! I don't want any either... LOL!

• @ArrowheadSW thanks! I could talk all day why I dont want kids, but the internet is a dark place. Once my reasoning started get attacked, I decided to keep it short and sweet.

• Uh yeah I hear ya. I can go on and on about it also. One thing is I know middle-aged people with adult kids who are so dysfunctional that they'll never likely leave home.

• I feel you girl ! People are always like "oh you'll change your mind eventually" or "you're so selfish"
    No. Just no.

• I can't wait to grow old and spend all my money on myself lmao

• I don’t want kids. Don’t think I’d be a good mom. I have many pets and take care of them but do not want kids

• I do want kids.
    I do realize that some women really don't want kids. Though, it makes me think of a friend. In high school, se was so sure she would never have kids. She would get upset the second we told her she was still young and would probably change her mine.
    Guess who's the first one who got pregnant with the family? that girl.

• OK but that is hardly exhaustive proof that everyone will change their mind - it's just one example that affirms your views.
      I don't want children and I've ended relationships with those who had the arrogance to tell me what I wanted, contrary to what I said.

• @SebShaw82 Did I write that my exemple meant it was the case for everybody? Don't twist my word and learn how to read.

• 1) I don't take orders from you.
      2) Why else would you have given your example?

• Oh my gosh! I know right? Like I'm not trying to be mean but I sometimes get dirty looks when I simply state I don't want children.

• Yes. I always knew that I didn't want them

• I want kids

• Same here.

• Yeah and my kids are devastated 😆

• I do want to be a mom someday, I think. I'd definitely need to think about it more.

• No I want kids. At the right time

• I don't want kids

• Same

• I do not want and never have wanted children. I have never had the urge or desire for them. I see more negatives than positives. Even if I had the urge, I couldn't and wouldn't have children because I care about not passing on bad genetics to them (some people don't give a shit about this though) and my health isn't good enough to care for myself, let alone children.

I'd highly recommend checking out reddit. com/r/childfree. It was like a light bulb moment when I found it and is one of the very few outlets for us, as unfortunately, we're often the target for ignorant comments and people telling us that our own life choices are wrong and we're weird.

• MEEEEE!!! I’m with you on this!

I don’t want kids at all. Not cuz of the labour pains and 9 months of pregnancy, but cuz I would rather focus on my own life and living it to its fullest and reaching every goal I have set than devote my time and attention to some other being who will probably piss me off to the tens if I’m being brutally honest. Hell, I don’t even want a relationship cuz it seems like it’d be wasting my time

It also sickens me when guys expect me to carry a kid for 9 months, give birth, then take care of it and possibly have this all repeat again if they want another kid. Like excuse me? My uterus ain’t free unlimited parking, get a grip of yourself bruh

*sigh*

• Same except the last paragraph!! I would do anything for the people I love.

• I feel it!! I just don’t have a desire😭I think kids ruin relationships and I want to always love my husband for my whole life. I don’t want a screwed up marriage😭