Is it true that American girls are ONLY attracted to English guys, and nobody else?

They tend to look down on American guys and are not interested in guys from other countries apart from England. And it's almost always because of the "accents." Not only that, they would also make references to Harry Potter or the Royal Family. I have also heard that American girls find Scottish, Irish, and Australian guys unattractive, bland, and with ugly accents. They also seem to have a low opinion of guys from Europe (France, Italy, Germany, Poland, Scandinavia, etc). Is this true? You girls only like English guys? Speak to me please...

11

Most Helpful Girl

• Many white Americans (what it seems you’re referring to) are within 3 generations of immigration from Germany, Ireland, Italy, Poland, etc.

So quite a few gals would say “Oh my great grandparents were from there” and strike up a chat.

English isn’t one of the more recent/populous family ancestries.

• You don't understand. First of all, if a European guy visits America the local women would be "meh." However, if an English guy visits, the local women would be like "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG you're British!" American girls don't associate other European men with "sexy accents," sophisticated articulate men, or Harry Potter or Prince William or Harry. They associate them with: chubby ginger drunken slobs in kilts or green attire, tanned hairy men, bald-headed hooligans, albino Vikings, Adolf Hitler, the Pope and silly accents and languages. Fun Fact: American women would rather take a time machine and have sex with Robin Hood (or the English actors playing him), than the average 21st century American or European guy. Lol

• What’s your interest in this topic?

• Maybe I've been over exaggerating. I guess you're correct. It's just that the past 10 years or so I've gotten my sources from the media; American women and Englishmen going together like bread and butter, so to speak. American women finding other foreign guys bland or savages. American women seeking Englishmen due to their wealth, sophistication, and of course their "cute sexy English accents." And it's almost always Londoners, and men from that area they single out. Once again that's what I've been believing. I try my best not to bring aggression or hostility into arguments like these.

What Girls Said 10

• Where did you hear that lol

• All over the place. American girls don't care for fellow American guys and find Englishmen far more charming and interesting. They also detest guys from elsewhere in the world, right?

• That's foolish to believe m8.

• It's kinda like a girl saying that guys only interested in blonds and no one else

• American girls love all foreigners, mainly bc most are more confident than American boys... but American girls will always like American boys

• Really? All I've heard is that foreign boys (except English ones) will only get a bullet in their chest (by the local girls) if they visit America, rather than a girlfriend or female companion. English boys however, would be treated like royalty, or so I've heard...

• you would have lost the bet then haha

• maybe its different in other parts of America but California is very diverse in the dating culture

• That’s literally the stupidest thing that I have ever heard.

• That is ridiculous.

• Nope.

• I’m an American girl, and I don’t only like English guys. I don’t know where you got that idea, but it’s totally false.

• It could be Hollywood or the BBC, but in movies and tv shows American men are portrayed as brutish and uncultured, and Englishmen as charming, proper and smart. Plus, half of England are female American expats with their English husbands/boyfriends. I've never heard of American women pursuing French, Italian, Scottish, Irish, Australian, or Canadian guys.

• Regarding to your other question, I have to say, you're either trolling or you got a serious mental problem.

• Not true lol

• It's true

• No, is not true.