How do you say "I'm not interested" without hurting girl's feelings?

3741

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually say "I'm sorry, but we can't be together" (mostly because I'm taken) without reason of disinterest to not sound rude (or rude impression), then if they ask maybe say why...
    When I was little I usually said "I don't like you" or "I don't want to be with you", quite rude maybe 😅 bad emotions in return!

• Ah! It works with boys but sometimes with girls too!

• That's great! You're a sweet person : )

• Political_dude is kind, thanks 🙂

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone will react differently to even the nicest way of rejecting. Personally when I reject, I usually say “this is so much to take in, I don’t know what to say, I need a couple of days to think about this.” This not only buys me some time to come up with a official polite rejection but it also gives her the hint that I’m not interested. When I see her again I’ll tell her “Look, right now I don’t think I can make a relationship work. I rather have you as a friend than risk our friendship falling apart for trying to take the next step, i’m sorry.”

This method has always worked for me but I don’t know if it will work for everyone.