Do girls want to be approached by guys?

During everyday activities, are you bothered if someone from the opposite gender approaches you and tries to talk with you?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not bothered. I wish I was approached more often, but also I wish guys dealt with rejection better. Oddly guys I find unattractive seem to have more balls to talk to me. Maybe the guys I find attractive think girls should chase them? Maybe I'm arresting out if my league, I don't know.

0|0
    0|0
    • How do you think guys should deal with rejection?

• Show All
    • Lol that's an awesome comparison! Thanks

• It's like, I feel bad for not being attracted, but I can't help how I feel. So, I don't want them to be upset with me and I don't want them to take it personally. I just want them to confidently move on.

Most Helpful Guy

• They only won't mind if they like you. Otherwise heck no they don't want you trying man and they will let you know it.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 28

• Never, I've had guys & girls do it before and it put a smile on my face (if they're being positive of course). I do it all the time when I'm in a new situation or surrounded by strangers. Whenever I make eye contact I'll smile and I may ask people a couple questions as to what's happening or compliment them. It helps me to break the ice and everyone seems to relax after that.

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh, by "never" I was referring to whether it's ever bothered me lol.

• It depends on my mood a lot. If I’m feeling happy and friendly I wouldn’t mind a guy approaching me. Some days I want the world to leave me alone, and then I can be pretty bitchy to him. What I’m currently doing. If I’m studying at a cafe, I don’t want a guy try and talk to me, because even if I were interested in him if most likely refuse him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be bothered at all, I would enjoy talking to a male as they are to sweet and they don't try to (some do though) hide what they are thinking about in asking me. I find it most males are very gentle, but horny as hell. Which I find very interesting. ☺🍁🌴

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all, it's flattering and endearing if a guy approaches, as long as they are polite and honest. Also it's harder for girls to approach the guys that they like because of the many stereotypes etc, so yes we want to be approached by other guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am always happy to talk, as long as they are nice and polite. So a good tip to the boys would be- when you approach to talk to a girl. Don’t use cheesey lines. Just say hello, and ask her how her day has been going?

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. I am an outgoing person and I love talking to people, but that can change depending on how they act. If someone is acting inappropriately then my mood changes very quickly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, 100% of the time i'm bothered. I don't care if they're hot, I want to meet someone through mutual friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like talking to people so I would say yes. Just as long as they don’t give me creepy vibes I will talk to you

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd not be bothered unless they were interrupting something and/or didn't actually have something they want to talk about.

0|0
    0|0
  • It honestly depends on what they want. If it's just a conversation it's fine. I don't mind talking to others. I'm just not very open to talking to others all the time. I live in a big city, where they cat call, and I've been physically grabbed, corned, chased, etc. By guys who want something more then a conversation. It is not a nice feeling to have someone hold you forearm tightly while asking for your number.

Now, this is not all men. They aren't all insane. I've had some really nice and respectful guys come to talk to me. I really liked it. So yeah, as long as there is no grabbing, then I'm fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what their intentions are. If they're simply going up to start a friendly conversation, then I don't mind. But if they're trying to get something from you, then it can be bothersome.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let's be honest that depends if I find the guy attractive and interesting or not. Generally I do believe that guy should make the first move.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say more girls want to be the ones being approached than not.

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer the guy to approach instead of the other way around. It let's me know of they're interested or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it does. You need to approach her. Don't engage in anything sexual right away tho

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind it. I might be a bit snippy, but that's coz I need to rest a bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends on the aproach

1|0
    0|0
    • What is a good way to approach that isn't weird lol

• Yes they do

1|1
    0|0
  • I love it as long as they are respectful.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I hate it

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t mind

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont mind at all just be respectful

0|0
    0|0
  • I like when guys approach me first because I love meeting new people but am too shy to make the first move. Like other people said, I respond differently based on how the guy acts (if he's creepy and just wants sex) and if I find him attractive. But overall when a guy approaches me and is kind and not overly cocky or rude, I find him attractive because it shows that he is confident.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind, I'm nice to every stranger and am open to chat. I'd be flattered if it was because they found me attractive and I'd be more than okay to talk with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I would actually love it if a guy came up to me and started talking with me. I'm reserved and shy, so it makes me happier when the guy makes the first move

1|0
    0|0
  • yes yes yes bc i don't have the courage to approach guys or feel weird to because it's a "guy thing"

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t mind as long as he isn’t being weird and trying to seem “macho.” We could hang out or something with friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind talking but I'm not trying to date atm so no number asking

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I am always shy to approach a girl scared of rejection... but iam gonna try one of these days lol please ladys help us approach u

0|0
    0|1
  • No... thats how you meet someone... the person can say not interested or engage in chatting...

0|0
    0|1
  • No they see it as creepy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • this should really be a poll

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course they do. But most of them take it for granted.

1|0
    1|2

Recommended myTakes