Why are teen girls always flirtatious with me? I have no interest in them. Is it a "daddy" thing?

oldmannoah
I have noticed that in the last several years, as I have gotten more (ahem) mature - re: grey temples, a little less firmness around the middle- that girls who are generally daughters of friends or co-workers act like they are "clingy" with me, and will put an arm around my neck. They will also tell me everything about their day at school, etc. It kind of freaks me out because the last thing I need is a 12 year old with a crush. I even told one of my lady friends that I couldn't come over the other day because her kid was going to be there and I felt uncomfortable. I didn't exactly say why. Is this common? I have never dated women who had young teen daughters before and I'm wondering if it is a daddy thing. Ladies... what is your opinion about what I should do without making a huge deal of of this? I don't think these girls are thinking about intimacy. They are just needy perhaps, and I am a good listener. I am a relationship coach so I should know what to do, but I am slightly "spooked" because of all the sexual (and power) abuse that has been going on. Advice? And let me make it clear that I consider these girls CHILDREN, and not targets of any kind of inappropriate attention from me.
3
2