Am I wrong to feel that he's seriously got no respect for me?

OK, so this whole story I am about to tell is going to probably make me sound like an idiot, and if I'm right, bear with me. me and the boyfriend have been together for 5 mths, he swears he is in love with me etc etc etc, even got me a promise ring. but on the downside, I have very low self esteem and he never compliments me, ever. So I have expressed this to him many times, and nothing has changed. he's not romantic and doesn't ever really do much to show he loves me, besides changing his work out schedule to hang out with me ( he thinks that's like him moving mountains for me) . he really does nothing to make me feel special. I do appreciate it, but not when he's constantly accusing me of lying and cheating. So any way, tonight, I started my lady cycle (sorry tmi) and he wanted me to give him a bj, and I said no, because I didn't feel like it, and he got mad! he literally got mad at me! This made me feel worthless, like I was worth nothing more to him than a piece of @$$. I told him how I felt and he said " I just want a good bj everyone and then" as if mine weren't good, when I had given him one the night before! I don't know what to think, I mean am I wrong to feel that he's seriously got no respect for me? I know its kind of a personal subject, but I really have no one else to talk to about this! please give me some feedback on what I should do. please. I know I probably sound like that annoying girl who obviously has boyfriend issues and won't leave him when its the obvious thing to do, I think I just need some emotional back up and opinions.
2
1