Why do outgoing girls still talk to someone if they know, that they them?

Im, Shy so I suck at controlling my self.
I'm starting to like this girl, and I know I make it obvious, because I stare (ALOT) or start fidgetting, stuttering when she talks to me.

I know she's very friendly towards people but, im confused into why she's still friendly to me and hugged me knowing that I like her/
and where not really friends so thats why im confused into why she hugged me, I thought you avoided a person that likes you at all cost or something. Im not sure if im overlooking it or not

(I only act like that towards her so im pretty sure she knows)

21