Why do many people like romantic films, despite the fact that love never works like that in real life?

1820

Most Helpful Girls

• I find it funny they are an escape for some for rwwxstion. They are usually so stupid or sexist or racist that I get annoyed every 20 seconds. Even if it was good acting the script is usually got too many ignorant themes I ant stand them. I mean many movies have this problem but to watch it to relax just wouldn’t work , for me. And anyhow I don’t enjoy seeing the same dumb plot that is completely predictable with little damsel in distress edgy or way ward or girlie princesses with some pseudo rough around the edges but actually very white brass guy character. 1 was enough instead there are thousands. With all the thins going on the world doesn’t need another romantic comedy about fake problems and faker solutions... I don’t find it relaxing at all

• People don’t typically go to the movies for a real life story. That’s why people love action movies of a spy doing a backflip on a moving train, getting the bad guy and the girl. They like movies of comedy where every other scene of life is just a riot. That’s completely unrealistic in true life. There’s of course horror movies for fans of the thrills & chills that don’t typically mimic real events. Movies are for fun for fantasy. Nearly every genre is that way it’s not a problem as far as I see it.

Most Helpful Guys

• It gives people hope that one day, they'll have a happy relationship like the ones in the films; even if they're not as perfect as those. People want to feel loved; that they mean something to someone and give them the love and motivation to become better people! Sometimes, they have good guidelines and morals in the form of dating and relationships to help people understand what they should be looking for to have a successful relationship. It's filled with the happiness that so many people are lacking in their lives; it gives them hope in finding the perfect partner or maintaining the perfect relationship!

It makes me feel like this is why women like romantic films more. The fact that they are wanting to be in a relationship more than men where many of them are simply looking for a casual relationship and/or sex with nothing more in mind. I love them personally because it helps me compare and relate to my current relationship; to understand the difference between a healthy one and a toxic one! Those movies might not provide the best advice all the time but they sure are fun to watch!

• They display ideals. "Relationship goals." In a sense they simply make people imagine what life could be like. My grandparents had the sort of romance that Carl and Ellie from Pixar's UP had and my parents have now been married close to 40 years. While they don't portray things realistically, there are elements of romance stories that we love as people because they cause us to think about the things we want rather than the things we think we can realistically have, and it causes us to hope. :)