Why is it usually the guy that has to prove to the girl that he really likes her and not the other way around?

Or why can’t it be both?

In the other question asking about if shyness is a turn off a few girls say yes and also that they want the guy to take initiative and show they like her...

well why can't it be the other way around? That the girl has to show the guy she’s really serious about him? Seems like a double standard in my opinion

4545

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm trying to prove to someone I like them. But I won't beg. Dudes shouldn't be made to beg either. If someone wants you, they should let it be known. None of that hard to get stuff.

• i feel like because in the media, there's no such thing as a truly "ugly girl", therefore any woman is 10/10 hands-down gorgeous and yet guys can still be seen as butt-ugly. this imbalance i think makes it seem like bc the woman is beautiful, the man is automatically not as attractive as the female and the implication is that the female can get any guy she wants, so the guy needs to prove he is worthy of her for her to see that he loves her (sorry if this didn't make sense or is phrased weirdly, i hope u get what im trying to say)

i dont believe any of this (what i just stated), but this is what i feel like has been instilled in the media (movies and such). i, too, have wondered this as well tho. i remember asking my older brother a while ago why it seems like guys are always friendzoned and girls never are

• I agreed with you, you make an excellent example of the media and surroundings controlling how we act. In some places/cultures its the other way around.

• Very good post.

• Hmmm this is well thought out answer 🤔🤔🤔☺️