Why do you think girls create hints instead of initiating a first move?

What factors cause some, if not most girls, from talking to a guy that they are into?

For example, I know someone called Aaliyah who I think has a crush on me but she: just stares and me; waits at my bus stop until I arrive; follows and checks most of my social media accounts (some I am not even active on); whilst hiding behind her friends when I'm around. Yet, she has not spoken to me at all, ever, anywhere. Am I supposed to do something because I would be willing to if I had more information or if she actually likes me or not? Why, in general, is it a man's "duty" to make the first move?

(I've phrased some parts lightly because I am certain that nowadays, many females make the first move and because it's 2018. ๐Ÿค—)Why do you think girls create hints instead of initiating a first move?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Cause we've been told, directly and indirectly, that good girls don't make the first move. You can hint and tease and mildly flirt, but you can't come on too strong. If you go up and try to make the first move you scare the boy off with your blunt directness, so let him take the first step.

Is what we've been told. Bloody stupid rule, really, but there you are.

1|0
    0|0
    • In my opinion, most guys will see the opposite as helpful to them. It eliminates barriers like whether the girl actually likes them or not like in my case. It clears up any confusion.

• Didn't say it was accurate... just said that's what we're told. ^_^

I said it was stupid.

• Yes, I understand.

Most Helpful Guy

• Culture, social life in all minds request that the man does the first step. Pretty rare girls do the first move. Laughing, staring, smiling can be considered as a first move. All the next mutual moves are the most important. Go ahead, go establish the first true contact.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Fear of rejection, shy, not comfortable making the first move, wants the guy to do it, awkward

3|0
    0|0
    • Can't guys, especially shy ones, feel the same way? If only it was easier! ๐Ÿ˜

• It can simply be the way she is. If only I could, I would do the first move, as you said in 2018 there's no such things as "guys should do that" or "girls doing that are bad girls". But you know, our personalities play a role in all this. I can be flirty and friendly and laugh and joke with guys I have absolutely no interest in, but if there's a guy I like I cannot even look at him in the eyes when we're really close, let alone speak or anything...

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I'm too shy to initiate a first move... or anything really, except for smiling lol... so I smile to guys as a hint instead and usually it makes them come and try to have a talk with me ๐Ÿ™‚

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes it still needs to test out the chance of success. We donโ€™t want to go with pride and ending up getting reject.

0|0
    0|0
  • it has roots in antiquity from when men are supposed to court females. most females dont want to make moves

0|0
    0|0
  • I always do the first move id I like a guy.

0|0
    0|0
    • Is your first move asking for a guys phone number?

• @ecfresh No, it's asking him for a date, for example in a coffe shop.

What Guys Said 3

Recommended myTakes