Why do you think girls create hints instead of initiating a first move?

What factors cause some, if not most girls, from talking to a guy that they are into?

For example, I know someone called Aaliyah who I think has a crush on me but she: just stares and me; waits at my bus stop until I arrive; follows and checks most of my social media accounts (some I am not even active on); whilst hiding behind her friends when I'm around. Yet, she has not spoken to me at all, ever, anywhere. Am I supposed to do something because I would be willing to if I had more information or if she actually likes me or not? Why, in general, is it a man's "duty" to make the first move?

(I've phrased some parts lightly because I am certain that nowadays, many females make the first move and because it's 2018. ๐Ÿค—)Why do you think girls create hints instead of initiating a first move?

74

Most Helpful Girl

• Cause we've been told, directly and indirectly, that good girls don't make the first move. You can hint and tease and mildly flirt, but you can't come on too strong. If you go up and try to make the first move you scare the boy off with your blunt directness, so let him take the first step.

Is what we've been told. Bloody stupid rule, really, but there you are.

• In my opinion, most guys will see the opposite as helpful to them. It eliminates barriers like whether the girl actually likes them or not like in my case. It clears up any confusion.

• Didn't say it was accurate... just said that's what we're told. ^_^

I said it was stupid.

• Yes, I understand.

Most Helpful Guy

• Culture, social life in all minds request that the man does the first step. Pretty rare girls do the first move. Laughing, staring, smiling can be considered as a first move. All the next mutual moves are the most important. Go ahead, go establish the first true contact.