Is smoking really a turn off?

I don't know i don't really find it a turn on or turn off i just think oh you smoke? cool. But then i also see people say they get put off when they see someone smoke?
Updates:
Thanks for all the feedback guys and girls, i've read every single comment and it's great to read everyone's opinion on the topic. P. S. i'm a regular on this website so i would really appreciate a follow if anyone wants to see more of my questions and opinions on other topics in the future. feel no pressure to follow though. thanks awesome peeps.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It is, it's gross and awful for you. With all of the science about how bad it is available to the public, smoking as a young adult to me is equal to being plain stupid.

5|7
    0|2
    • I agree that it's stupid to smoke every day, but I think it's ok to do it once in a while. Just like alcohol, it's ok to drink it with tolerance, but you can't become an alcoholic.

• Show All
    • What about them?

• a lot of them educational and funny from how they were said.. XD like yours “people have the “right” to die” “

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 67

• Deal breaker. I can't date a smoker. It's bad for the person, for everyone around them aka second hand smoke, the environment, and pets. I always have pets and studies show higher chance of them developing cancer if humans smoke near them. Plus, have you ever been near them? They're always trying to get a smoke break, it's so annoying especially at work.
    Sorry but complete turn off and deal breaker.

1|2
    0|2
  • I find it gross and disgusting to do on the regular. I would only date a occasional smoker like myself. I have to amit as much as a stupid, unhealthy habit it is to have I do find something sexy about a good looking man taking a puff on a cigarette, I just don't why

2|1
    0|1
    • Sometimes if it's not really strong the smell on his clothes after smoking turns me on a little, I don't know why I think I just like rebellious guys

• It is a dirty habit and just plain gross. Your clothes smell like smoke, your car and your house do too. Your teeth are yellow and your breath smells like you just sucked ass. Used to be normal in old movies to be seen smoking, but now it is seen as something people of low intelligence and poor people do.

0|1
    0|0
    • Cool... then you don't mind "coughing up" the bodies with reinforced bones from the additional carbon sequestering done by those "stupid & low intelligence" folks, then...

We can take all that solidity back, & we'll just slip ya back into the ocean w/ the other jellies where you can help hash out radiation-proof cartilagenous bodies & redo the temporal variances between oceanic and terrestrial ecosystems to synchronize those vectors with the solar-to-ionosphere harmonics; all while having to explain to people how you're actually *not* destroying the planet...
      (... and while you do your breathing exercises preparing your psyche for that, I'll be outside having a smoke break... ;)

• I don't care about the act of smoking, unless you're doing it in the presence of a child or while you're pregnant. I don't mind kissing people who smoke either.

But I don't think I'd marry someone who smoked as I don't want them to die from lung cancer.

1|3
    0|0
  • Yeah, smoking is a no for me. I don't want to kiss someone with tobacco breath, I don't want to walk around secondhand smoking and maybe even contract lung cancer because of it, I don't want go to my house smelling like smoke or even have my house reak of smoke because i'm always hanging around someone who reaks of cigarettes.

0|2
    0|1
  • I don't like weed but am fine with cigarettes and find it pretty sexy on the right guy (I also have enjoyed smoking in the past)

3|3
    1|2
  • 100% would not date or even hook up with someone who smoked. It’s awful for them, and for me to be around, if it ended up working out I wouldn’t want to raise my kids in a smoking household.

1|3
    0|1
  • It is a turn off considering you can always smell it on them, especially when intimate.
    I couldn't be with a smoker.

2|2
    0|0
  • It's a turn off for me. People who smoke don't realize how bad they smell of stale smoke. Their breath, hair , skin and clothes make me feel nauseous.

0|4
    0|0
  • Honestly couldn’t careless. I like the smell and it’s there life not mine. More people I know vape which is another thing all on it’s own. Personally I’ve contemplated smoking to be able to deal with some issues rather then drinking or drugs which a lot of my friends use. Honestly I feel everyone has a different reason for smoking or not but as long as it’s not harming you, I don’t see why it’s a huge problem

0|1
    0|0
  • Turn off. Can't kiss someone with a breath like that.

1|3
    1|0
  • If he doesn't smoke that much it wouldn't be a big turn off, but if he does and he always smells like cigarettes and smokes around me (which cause me terrible migraines 😭) then yes, it really is a turn off

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't care and I have asma. As long as they are not smoking all the damn time or in my face all rude... I'm like meh

0|2
    0|0
  • It's absolutely filthy, thoroughly disgusting and a complete and utter turn off.

3|3
    0|0
  • Being the daughter of a heavy smoker and being the ex smoker myself. It is a turn off. I don't really appreciate people who take pride in smoking.

2|3
    0|1
  • Someone who is purposely destroying his health is a deal breaker to me. I can't handle the awful smell as well. It's a big turn off. It's disgusting and weak.

1|1
    0|0
  • For me, it depends on what you're smoking.

Cigs is a huge turn off for me. At least for someone I'm interested in.

If you smoke weed, I'm cool with that

1|2
    0|0
  • It's a major turn off. Not only does it stink, but it is bad for your health and even worse for the people around you.

1|2
    1|1
  • I used to smoke myself and still occasionally do. I´ve had guys tell me they don´t like it so I made an effort to not constantly smoke around them and have some mint/wash my hands before we kiss. But None of them were like "I didn´t know you smoked, now leave"
    I think on others it can look very attractive but close up it´s probably not the greatest thing. I would not mind it but if someone smelled like cigs all over it would be a turnoff just because it screams bad hygiene in general. And I would not want to be in a relationship with someone who smokes a lot but just so I don´t start again.

0|3
    0|0
  • It is a turn off for most because it smells rotten and you are inhaling cancer ☺️
    They are drugs. No one want a junky 👀 sorry. There are legal only because the tobacco industry is huge. It’s been around for ages and the government isn’t trying to lose out on money.
    Only immature people actually think smoking is a cool thing. It isn’t positive and there are literally no benefits. Unless you count stress relief as a benefit, but that’s why it’s better to smoke weed because it actually has healing properties and does more good than harm. But that’s just my opinion

2|2
    0|0
    • by the way, I was clearly only referring to cigarettes because more people have problems with those than weed blunts

• More from Girls

What Guys Said 111

• I smoke and I've never really worried about whether or not it turns anyone else on or off. I don't ask anyone to approve of it, nor do I seek their approval. I certainly won't have frequent alcohol drinkers telling me anything about smoking. They have no ground to stand on.

2|1
    1|0
  • I think its a turn off most of the time. I smoke yes but I also carry smokers mints to prevent the making out with an ash tray nastiness that is such a turn off. I feel like im the only one who carries these mints. With them it be perfectly acceptable.

0|1
    0|0
  • When I was a smoker, I had non-smoking women get with me. When I became a non-smoker, I did find the smell and the habit unpleasant to be around. The smell mostly... the ashes, the breath... yeah... I'll pass now. I guess the women that got with me when I smoked were just desperate.

0|1
    0|0
  • Are you smoking to get laid? Why does it have to turn them on or off lol. Smoke it for that nicotine dude. Who cares what people think lol.

0|1
    0|0
    • nope not smoking to impress girls i'm just curious.

• oh. Some people smoke during sex. It's a fetish so yeah it does turn people on

• In general, don't really care. Dating a smoker, preferably not and it is a turn off. There's nothing worse as a non smoker then kissing a smoker, especially if they've just had a smoke. Mid as well lick an ash tray! It's nasty! Nothing about it in any way is ever a turn on though.

0|1
    0|0
  • Smoking is an instant and non-negotiable deal breaker.
    Given what is known about smoking, a person would have to be a retard to smoke.

4|3
    0|0
  • Yes. It is a self-destructive and expensive habit. Personal examples from my own family:

Paternal paternal great-grandfather, non-smoker, died at 102
    Paternal grandfather, non-smoker, died at 96.
    Father, moderate smoker, died at 62 fro cancer that started in his lungs and spread everywhere.

0|1
    0|0
  • The first time I ever had an asthma attack was when I was 15 and was triggered by 2nd hand smoke. So, everytime I see someone smoke, it takes me back to that joyful moment.

Anyway, yeah. Major, MASSIVE turnoff!

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the person. Smoking fetish is a real thing.

I am 420 friendly but not cigarettes. It just seems dirty to me. I don't mind the smell when smoking but the smell later is terrible. (like a smokers clothes or curtains)

0|1
    0|0
  • Smoking to me is disgusting.. Its actually not just a turn off, but a deal breaker.. It demonstrates a weak personality and to me a fundamental character flaw. It shows you care nothing for your health or the health of others around you.

2|1
    0|0
  • It should be shutdown until the person realizes that dependacy on a object is like worshiping it. And many aren't going to have a life without cigarettes or some form of tobacco ingestion so they are worshiping it.

0|1
    0|1
  • I am trying to cut tobacco products out of my life completely, so a woman smoking would be a little bit of a turn off for me... All of that being said let's be perfectly honest; there are far far far worse things that you can do with your health, then smoking. Especially if you are like me and only smoke one or two nights per week (three or four cigs for the week)

0|1
    0|0
  • Such a turnoff! I will literally turn down anyone that smokes cigarettes. If I really liked the girl I'd try to help her quit though.

0|2
    0|0
    • That's nice of you to think that way, but she must be willing to quit herself. Otherwise nothing you can do will ever help.

• Show All
    • @Burgerboy21 - Ahh okay, you should definitely stay on to him about quitting. Remind him of how much his life means to you and your family. Hopefully, that will work. It didn't work for my dad though. My dad loved the drugs way more than his own family. Haven't seen him in 5 years.

• Unfortunately some people can get hopelessly lost in poor life choices. It happened to one of my cousins too. I won't go into detail about it, but long story short, she lost custody of her own child and everyone in my family refuses to talk to her, including her own dad. Only exception is my dad whom I also don't speak to.

• I always laugh when people bring up how smoking harms your health... then these same people go binge drink on a Friday and Saturday

2|3
    1|0
    • Binge drinking us bad but us less likely to harm others around you. Sure drunk aggression is a thing but not every drinker has drunk aggression. Every smoker partakes in passive smoking.

In a nut shell both are bad and deal-breakers for me but smoking is by far the worst.

• Show All
    • @A-man-22 we shall have to agree to disagree

• Do you live in America? I think it's a bit different there as guns and alcohol don't mix. But in most other countries where guns are banned it's the opposite way around personally.

• Honestly, for me it is. I don't care for the smell it leaves on a persons clothes, their house, car, or breath. Also the biggest reason is that it is so unhealthy and it affects others health as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • For a nonsmoker, kissing a girl who smokes is something like kissing an ash tray! I much prefer a girl's natural breath.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some people hate some people love it some people go meh. That's just the way it is. But i ain't around anyone who hates it cause i smoke and everyone i know is meh and only a few love it. So i would say meh is most commen.

0|1
    0|0
  • To me it's kind of like being a lot overweight. It's tolerable but then again a bad life choice and id want my partner to be healthy. Not judging anyone who smokes I'm a tobacco user myself. I'd just prefer a non smoker but wouldn't mind if she did.

0|1
    0|0
    • The big difference between being overweight and smoking is that smoking puts other people's lives at risk. The way I see it, if you need tobacco, chew it! That at least doesn't affect my health.

• Smoking is an indicator that the person is weak, and has no will power. On top of that, smokers really smell bad, and they usually toss the butts away by littering.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can understand how some people would hate it inside their homes or car but outside of that I think they have little to complain about. If you don't like smokers, just avoid them. Someone can smoke their brains out around me and I don't even notice.

0|1
    1|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes