Women, Why do you choose to stay in a relationship or enter one even though you know there is no future to the relationship?

I've been wondering why do women choose to waste time and stay in relationships that they know the guy is not putting any effort into/at this point he is only staying because he wants sex. (Assuming there is no abuse) There are plenty of women I know who do this and usually they keep passing on guys they claim to be interested in.

For example one of my friends chose to date a guy until she graduated college. The entire time they dated for a year she said "I know we are going to break up but I'm gonna just ride this out" The thing is one month into her relationship, she kept talking about a guy she was actually interested in and how he liked her back. She kept talking about secretly hiding her current relationship and the break up with him to be with the other guy when they graduate. To me this is one of the most asshole thing you can do because she wasted the other guy's time and in the end she rejected him because "he got too needy" and broke up with her boyfriend.
2
0