Feminists do you expect men to treat you with chivalry or as an equal?

I find that many women claim to be feminists because they expect men to cater to there needs. I also see a lot of these women wondering why men dont treat them with chivalry and respect when they are pushing the whole equality thing down there throats. In order to be a feminist i think you shouldn't be expecting men to provide for you, cater to you, and put you first because the whole idea is you putting yourself first shouldn't you expect the same?
This question is directed toward the women who use and abuse the men in there lives because they feel that being a women gives them that power, i personally love equality amongst us all and feel that as a women we should be equal and treated with respect and chivalry as well because we are the mothers of the world bringing new life to our family's and men can not fully understand that but they should respect it if they want humanity to continue.

1420

Most Helpful Guys

• In response to your update: Everyone, not just women, should be treated with respect. Undeniably, women should be respected for bringing life, but men also should be respected for what they do to support and protect the family. I value this kind of mutual respecr because men dont understand the pain of womanhood and women dont fully know the troubles of being a man either.

In response to your question, i really dont know. Its kind of hypocritical, come to think of it. Seems like something @cutiebytheshore would do. Its wrong because relationships and dating is, ultimately, "im gonna do this for you not because i want you to do something for me, but because i just want to", but these feminists are turning it into "Youll do this for me because im a woman, you are a man, and women are better than men" , which, from what i see, is a really misandristic way to treat people. They feel entitled, somehow.

• You do know how babies are produced right? It takes too. Without men there would be no families either. Both sexes should be treated equally and with respect. I hate how so many women these days are so entitled and think that they deserve more then they give. Lots of women complthat there are no good men, well the problem is there aren't many good women left. If you want to be treated chivalrously you have to treat the guys similarly. Men were chivalrous in the past because they actually got something out of it, now 9 times out of ten they dont

• Back then what they got out of it was a willing vagina 24/7 labeled “wife” 😂

• Yes i agree men are expected to provide, i think a lot of women just want the opportunity to do the same not that they actually want to do it they just want to be supported in any decision they make. I don't know tho I've always wanted a career with a man who also has his own, my parents basically had the opposite of traditional gerder roles growing up. When i was born my dad stayed home and my mom finished school and then was the provider so i know its possible many women would never allow that tho and i dont understand it. It can work both ways women can be the provider and it shouldn't be looked down upon

• Applaud you both

Most Helpful Girls

• I personally don't see why chivalry is not seen in par with respect. I think chivalry should be conducted by both Individuals but obviously in different ways. Guys tend to show their strength or ability to protect/keep a girl safe, and girls tend to show it in their attention to detail, accepting such gestures of kindness with kindness and a smile, and reciprocating the gestures that she can (like sharing food, a scarf, umbrella etc)
    But unfortunately, chivalry doesn't always mean equality in how you view the opposite sex. Some guys offer chivalry because they actually think the girl is physically weak and can't even open a door for herself. She doesn't allow you to open a door for her only to let you make fun of how girls are weak and can't open doors. If you have chivalry in actions you should also have chivalry in speech... and if you don't respect the fact that a girl is built differently or that you just want to be polite and keep the door open for her, then don't do it. It's better for her to see for herself who you really are, and don't take it just to charm her. I hate fake personalities, and I hate fake chivalry the most

• Well when we are chivalry we keep open doors and pull back chairs not because we think you are weak but because we want to show you that you are special to us

• No I totally agree, I was talking about the other types of guys that use chivalry as a form of manipulation/control over the girl.
      I like chivalry for the very fact that it is a way to show how special a girl is to the guy, but sadly the bad people in town catch on and start to mimic behaviours for other purposes

• I stand for what original feminist fought for which was equal rights to work, vote, and own property. But not today's men hating I won't depend on a man feminazis. We as women have the most important job in the world which was raising the future and men had the most important job of protecting and providing for their family. Doesn't mean women couldn't work as long as it didn't take away from the most important thing. Their children. And it didn't mean men couldn't come home and help with the kids and house. It's ok that men and women became a little more equal in certain areas. But women took it to far and now men have followed in their foot steps. Instead of us being partners men and women have entered the battle of the sexes. Honestly I don't care if it's the man or woman that stays home with the kids to teach, supervise, and raise them. As long as they had one of their parents doing it. But instead they are being raised by day cares or just left unsupervised to become criminals. If you look at how much more violent and chaotic our world is compared to back when kids had a parent there to raise them right you would see how much this fight for total equality has and is ruining our world. Now know one wants to look weak by depending on anyone. But that's the point of finding a partner in life. We are suppose to find love and friendship with someone we trust enough to depend on each other emotionally and financially. There will be a time in life where everyone falls. But if we don't depend on each other there's no one to catch us. In my relationship both my man and I have fallen at different times and have had to depend on the other. But in the end it equals out. I love that he's chivalrous and that I as his woman do special things for him. And we don't expect it. We just do it out of love and kindness. I'm good at taking care if the kids more as he's good at fixing things that I have no clue or even the physical capacity to do. Everyone has damaged this world by taking equality to far and it's only getting worse.

• Original feminism (the sufferegets) didn't fight for equality in the vote. They fought for a free vote while mens right to vote remained attached to being on the draft.

The brief period in the first 5 years when the were campaigning for the same right to vote (signing women up for military service) most women were actually against them, it was only when they changed their stance to unfairly advantage women that most women started supporting them.

• Ok. All I'm saying is some things had to change. Doesn't mean I don't believe women should be drafted too for that right. My point is it's good a few things changed but it was taken too far to where it changed our world in a negative way.