What is the most empowering thing a woman could feel?

So a lot of talk about women empowerment has been going on in a general sense. However each person would have a different moment/experience that has made them feel empowered.
Is there an experience (could be real or something you wish will happen in the future) that has left u feeling empowered? Also what is a situation that you would feel least empowered in?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• I’d feel most empowered sharing my passion with others and being praised for it. I’m an artist and would love to share my work but I’m shy lol. I felt the least empowered when I had men in my lives that were leeching off of me for emotional stability.

1|0
    0|0
  • My most empowering moment was when I danced around a big fire and everyone else was cheering, covering my body in oil and jewelry.
    —how that situation came to be is a long story 😂😂😂
    But anyways 😆
    The moment I felt the least empowered was probably around the time I was self harming. I was depressed for many reasons. And it got to the point where I wasn’t trying to live anymore. But that chapter is dead and gone. On to the next ☺️

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I'm curious now :D... my best guess is it sounds like a burning man episode.
      Also happy to hear you overcame depression.. was there any short cut out of it XD

• 6d

I don't know what show you’re referring to but it was a spiritual experience
      Yes there’s a short cut. It’s called not giving a fuck.

• When I told a guy I didn’t want to send him nudes, and he was very respectful and mature about it. I was used to guys getting mad and calling me dramatic for saying that I wasn’t comfortable, so this experience made me feel empowered and validated.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know if it's empowerment or the feeling of accomplishment.
    When I had my own money and bought groceries for the first time. I still remember that day. On the same day I bought my new couch and colorful pillows for it, just the way I've always wanted

0|2
    0|0
  • For me its achieving my dreams careerwise and my own future family being happy and balanced

1|1
    0|0
    • 6d

I guess guys and girls want the same things after all :)

• Getting out of an abusive relationship that makes you a better person from the horrific experience you had.

2|1
    0|0
  • For me it's managing to open a tin can with a finger

1|1
    0|0
  • To survive through the negative situations that threaten our inner peace. It can make us more stronger.

0|1
    0|0
  • Looking like a million.

0|1
    0|0
  • Feeling like her voice has been heard.

0|1
    0|0
  • Womansplaining

0|0
    0|0
  • The day that I got my dishwasher. Although everyone was against it. I just hate washing the dishes lol

For real was the day I set the boundaries in my relationship clearly. It was now or never moment.

1|0
    0|0
  • Getting a gun.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me most empowering feeling/ experience would be achieving my career goals, earning a lot, gifting my dad a car & most empowering would be setting up my own business.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know that some woman who survived violent, and/or abusive, and/or hurtful relationships might feel empowered. When they first were deeply hurt and felt that they wouldn't get any better, that they couldn't get out of the trap, that they couldn't stand up for themselves, but they eventually did. That mental strength, makes them feel empowered.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I feel somewhat empowered when a woman who's twice my age, weighed 160+ lb walked up to me for no reason and just started telling me that even though she was fat, she could get all the men she wanted.

I've been working out and lifting for 5+ years, I weigh 132 lb, and I have curves from exercising. Although I felt a little low self-esteem at first, I then understood the reason why I got that negativity from her, was because of my age and body being more advantageous to hers.

• 6d

I felt empowered that when someone doesn't make effort to do something about themselves, but just verbally attack those who have worked hard to get to where they are. Tearing down someone does not make a person better; it'll just show that person's character.

**I don't need unnecessary haters. She was the one attacking me verbally. I'm only describing the fact and what has happened. If anybody weighs more than I do but don't exercise, and/or is older, don't need to feel offended, because I'm describing what happened specifically between this woman and me, it's not generally applied to any of you.

What Guys Said 7

• I'd imagine that the most empowering thing for a woman would be when people on the internet don't feel the need to ask women about empowerment. When they realize they don't need feminism. When they realize that they can take charge for their own life, and refuse to use gender as an excuse. I'd imagine.

0|0
    1|0
  • Everyone women has quality education these times. They get good job & soon earn lot. Man of their choice would also not be a problem for them. They have many privileged rights too in many countries.

If they could care for their family with values & good behaviour and lead to the betterment of society with their children being raised properly. Which would result in the goodness of future generation.
    For me this is it.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

It's hard to do everything sometimes :P

• 6d

Its just that we need to be good & overcome our badness.

• The right to vote.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know prolly feminism

0|0
    1|1
  • Purchasing a firearm 👌🏻

1|0
    0|0
  • I thought self capable to earn

0|0
    0|0
  • ITT People don't know what empowerment means.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

The threads just begun :/

Recommended myTakes