I have 2 questions?

1. If some people call you ugly, but some people call you pretty, does that mean you're ugly?
2. If a really pretty/ handsome person calls you ugly, does that mean that you're ugly?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. I always ask myself what is this persons motivation? Very few people are so nasty they actually feel the need to tell you you're ugly so typically if they're saying it there's a motivation behind it. And not that it's true. We tend to internalize the insult and shrug off the compliments cause we're typically our own worst critics. once again it doesn't make it true. If someone tells you you're pretty it doesn't make you pretty either. It typically means they're envious of a quality you have they don't "I really like your hair" when inside they're saying "why can't i have hair like that"?
    2. If a real pretty/handsome person calls you ugly odds are they're a person that spends hr's on their appearance and are shallow AF

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If someone calls you ugly, no matter if they're good looking or not, it means that they're being mean and/or that they think you look ugly. But it's just one person's opinion. People don't share the same idea of what's ugly and what's not.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• For both questions, everyone has different views. I've been called everything from "gorgeous" to "ugly", those exact words so? There's always going to be someone that thinks you're the opposite of what one might tell you. So don't ever take 1 person's OPINION too seriously, EVER!

0|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't put much stock in the name-calling.
    what i would say is that if someone doesn't know you and calls you ugly, it's more likely than not based upon appearance.
    if they say it after knowing you for awhile, it's quite likely it's due to personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't mean sh1t. Ask your fitness instructor or use your own estimate by looking at the mirror.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. It means beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    2. It means they're shallow as fuck and that their opinion shouldn't be taken into account

0|0
    0|0
  • some people are out to get you in two ways. 1. hurt, 2. conquer
    find the right type 3. stay

0|0
    0|0
  • 1) It means you're pretty to some
    2) It means you're ugly to them

0|0
    0|0
  • No and no but i think you are pretty if you believe on that and thank god for what hi give you

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. No
    2. No

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." It's a cliche, but it's true.

Don't ever listen to people who call you ugly. Most of the time they are just doing it to hurt you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't mean anything

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes