What makes a girl/woman less feminine?

(Characteristics regarding Both Behaviour and look)
Differences based on Looks are obvious but.. behavioural differences?
I can't think of any behavioural characteristics, and to me, it's all bs to call someone less feminine or too girlish based on certain behaviour.
Updates:
Thank you all for presenting your views, I wasn't expecting these many responses, I really wish to question many people back but that's not happening coz app loads very slow 😐, I'll do that soon, it'll be fun I hope 😁😊

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I agree with you, it is kinda silly to call some less feminine or masculine because of their behaviour. Physically though, I would say being hairy is a lesser feminine trait in a woman...

3|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Looks: being tall, wearing plain clothes and never dressing up, short hair (some women can pull off a short cut and still look womanly but in my opinion most can’t), not wearing makeup, being buff, etc.
    Behaviors: being rude, not keeping up with her personal hygiene, being really aggressive, spending a lot of time outdoors (playing in the dirt so to speak), etc.

Those are some things I’ve heard, not saying I agree with all of them.

0|0
    0|1
  • Questions like these really pull the scum quality of men out from the woodwork lol It really makes me appreciate the feminist men in the world so much more. Like they're just being what men should be in the first place, but when so many men are so shitty to begin with, men who actually respect women really shine bright like a diamond. Damn. xD

3|0
    1|2
    • Any man who calls himself a feminist is your enemy. He's there for easy access to women, not because he's a champion of women's rights.

• Show All
    • I didn't say anything about equality. I said no man who calls himself a feminist is your ally. Those are two very different things.

• Neither of you understand what men think or want despite your arrogance. If anyone here is ignorant it's you. If you want to have a discussion then fine but I won't engage if you misconstrue my words again or preach to me about ideology. I have no patience for it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 59

• Define feminine. That word is as subjective as normal. Normal has changed at least 5.000 times in the last 2 centuries. Even that comment may or may not be an exaggeration. To use an old adage... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Your question will only really benefit you if you ask it of someone you want to find you attractive.

0|0
    0|1
    • Define masculine. Had that changed? Not men but masculinity?

• Show All
    • If you say that masculine men tend to be a disaster then you are defining masculinity. Masculinity has nothing to do with what you opinion of masculine is. Mascine only refers to the difference in behaviour between men and women. If you have been accustomed to disastrous men, don't let that define it for you. You need to be careful. If I was exposed to horrendous acting women all my life, I would define femininity accordingly

• @penguin1965 Thank you, you just said it better than I could have, or rather you said the same thing in a better way? These terms society uses are largely subjective. Masculine, Feminine, Normal, and Weird.

• It's not bs. Being aggressive, blunt, rash, unorganized are some of the more natural male behaviors which is why we don't like em on females as we seek to compliment or balance such traits with our partners, not multiply them. If it empowers you to act such a way then good for you but it will not help you if you're seeking a male partner.

0|1
    0|0
  • Masculine traits make you seem less feminine. As well, mannerisms and appearance play a large factor.

The same goes for men, having feminine traits is unnattractive, and again appearance and mannerisms plays a large factor.

1|1
    0|0
  • All I can think of is based off what was deemed foul in the old days, stuff like belching, farting, and bad language (cussing like a sailor). The basic bad manner stuff that women weren't supposed to display because they were supposed to be the ones with high etiquette.

0|1
    1|0
  • For me, I like a 'refined lady'. So anything that a girl does that includes cursing, dressing like a guy, acting like a guy, and not taking into account how she acts around other people-meaning not thinking about how she acts affects people's view of her and her family-are some things that I view as less feminine

1|1
    1|0
  • Hmm... Must be a Minnesota thing. All the girls I know are twice the man of any man, but still manage to be feminine. They're pretty and smell nice, but they'll knock your clock in a Twin Cities minute.

3|1
    0|1
    • It's those Nordic genes.

• Show All
    • That sounds like home.
      Minnesota is one of s kind.

• I live in MN and that's kinda true lol😐😆

• There are certain behaviours that I think definitely can make a woman less feminine - to me when a girl has a truck drivers mouth and cusses every other word or releases gas of some sort with loud force from either end and then just laughs about it - that's just my opinion

0|3
    2|0
  • i dont think in terms of feminine at all

but i just dont like one thing and that is under confidence and too much dependence

1|0
    0|0
  • I generally would consider rude/pushy behaviour as being unfeminine, beyond that I think that behaviours are relatively meaningless to determining femininity. If we are talking about feminine looks I generally mean soft features and possibly some light makeup.

0|0
    0|1
  • Think of all the behaviours that you would describe as masculine. Now apply those behaviors to a girl. Since masculinity and femininity are foils, a masculine girl would by default be less feminine than a girl that displays no masculine behaviors.

1|1
    0|0
  • There are certain stereotypes though. A good one is the most common "barbie/basic chick" , the over the top expenses on make up/fake tan/fake hair etc. Versus a chick that gets short hair cause its more practical anyway and I don't know, drives a bike and plays videogames? Definitely two very different women, whether one is more feminine or not, that is just up to the one who cares enough. I personally like both types , depending if they're just being them or throwing up a facade.

1|0
    0|1
  • Nasty tatoos, disagreeable, argumentative, competitive, unclean/kept, carries on endlessly, has agressive animals ie pitbull

0|1
    1|2
  • No such a thing as more or less feminine/masculine/genderline.
    But to answer your question here is a list what makes women less womanly:

Beard
    Penis
    Beer belly
    Smoking
    Substance/Alcohol abuse
    Feeling of any entitlements
    Short hair
    Being very loud in conjunction with being obnoxious

WOMEN 😍

1|0
    0|0
  • Feminism. High sex body count. No motherly instinct. Loud voice. Thinking she is equal to a man. No virginity. Can't cook. Emotional. Unloyal. College degree.

0|4
    8|1
    • Well said brother

• Show All
    • @ForteExe I agree, but saying that college degree makes someone less feminine is ridiculous. There are courses that are worth taking in my opinion such as science or humanities and getting a degree can be an extra even if it doesn't guarantee failure.

• I think the qualifier of "emotional" is... pretty dumb, as is "college degree." You WANT someone dumb in your life? That's kind of... dumb. Also, motherly instinct? Lol fuck motherly instinct, I don't want a female who has that, speak for yourself. I want a girl who's *fun.* Motherly instinct ain't fun. Sorry bro.

• Most western women have become more masculine over time. Talk to a British, German, American or Canadian woman then talk to a non western woman and you'll see.

2|2
    0|0
    • I've met Russian, Hungarian, and Lebanese women. They all laugh at western women and how unfeminine they are.

• Show All
    • Personally I’m raised in America and i’m a mixture of both except I am definitely more quiet though which might be why i was so different from everyone else. And foreign people can be so loud like for example Dominicans are loud as hell lol

• @kinda-confused That's still the Americas. North Americans and South Americans are all loud and obnoxious.

• extremely foul mouth and attitude were always big disappointments. of course, that does not just apply to women and femininity...

1|1
    0|1
  • The more they try to be like a man the less desirable they are to them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hairy, loud, cursing, being aggressive, broad shouldlers etc..

0|0
    5|0
  • A woman is less feminine when she forgets she's a female and tries to act or be like a man.

0|4
    1|0
  • Trying to fit in male social circles and shunning female ones is arguably something that makes a woman less feminine.

0|3
    1|0
  • I don't know as well. it is bs all girls are cute to me lol

4|1
    0|0
  • Having short hair like a guy's hairstyle. Short hair on women is ok it don't make them less feminine as long as they don't have spiky hairstyle like some guys. Also if they talk and act like guys.

1|1
    0|0
    • These girls are cute sometimes.. 😅

• Being cute and less feminine are different so they can be cute and less feminine at the same time

• 1) Smoking
    2) Being fat
    3) Being vapid
    4) Being a bitch
    5) Swearing/cussing too much

1|4
    1|1
  • nothing , it's just males are attracted to different types of women same as females.

0|1
    1|0
  • Cussing, sweating, burping, farting, drinking beer, being hairy.

3|1
    4|1
    • Being hairy is not a behavior. They were born with that genes to have more active hair follicles. (I have very little and fine hair, but I'm just saying that not nice to say that hairy girls are not feminine.)

• Show All
    • I'd also like to add that sweating, burping and farting are all part of being human. What do you expect her to never fart? It's actually healthy to fart a certain amount of times each day. Then sweating and burping are just both natural if you just ate you can burp, if you get nervous or run, you can sweat. They're not behaviors, it's being a human. Of course I do agree that it's not feminine but that's only if they're done excessively

• I was going to address the others but didn't want to seem too picky so didn't 😄

I think burping and farting themselves don't girls less feminine, doing them loudly might not seem less feminine but merely doing them won't make less feminine. However, they're not within the criteria the asker was looking for. They're not behaviors.

Sweating definitely doesn't make a woman less feminine. A woman who works out a lot in the gym will be sweating it all, but has a nice and tight body with perky booty 😉

• It's not my opinion that women today try to be men. I hear this from them. They walk, talk, act like men.

0|2
    1|0
  • - Never wearing a dress or makeup
    - short hair
    - acting too manly.

1|0
    0|1
  • Acting like a dude.
    Being too revealing.
    Not respecting herself.

1|2
    1|0
  • 1. A manly face.
    2. Lots of hair all around the body.
    3. Too much muscle.
    4. A shining bald head.
    5. Wearing boyish clothes all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not shaving their body hair, very short hair, manly clothes, manly behaviour...

0|0
    4|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 21

• usually this look, a look that makes a woman less feminine but masculine:
    i.huffpost.com/.../o-SHARPE1-570.jpg?1

0|2
    0|1
  • As a person I am not really in any category. I enjoy working out, I study in a male predominated field, I don't like heels, nailpolish, I am a bit disorganized and I am not afraid to show it when I am angrty or I feel like someone disrespects me. At the same time I am into makeup, I like taking care of plants, I like shopping, my favorite colors are lavender, then pink, then red. I am a vegetarian, I am empathetic. Sometimes I like to wear baggy clothes, sometimes I like clothes that accentuate my curves. I think most often I do the things that are viewed by mostly as feminine, but I can't neglect the other things.
    Most people don't fall into one category. Those who do usually need someone else to compensate for the qualities they are missing. I don't think a woman who does things that aren't necessarly feminine is unfeminine as long as she's not better at it than men are. Same applies for men. It's perfectly fine for a woman to stand up for herself, express anger, know how to fix her car, workout, etc. It's also perfectly fine for a man to cry when he feels like it, to take good care of his appearance, to show empathy, etc.

0|0
    0|1
  • When theyre boisterous, very outspoken to the point where its rude and disrespectful.

boisterous, noisy loud

0|1
    0|1
  • I think that spitting on the floor would make a female less feminine.

2|0
    0|1
  • Dressing like men, spitting, frequent cursing, posture are some of the major ones.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nothing. The whole feminine and masculine thing is bullshit.

1|0
    0|1
  • Mustache and goatee

1|1
    0|2
  • I don’t act like a guy but I dress like one!

1|0
    0|1
  • acts like a guy common to butch girls

1|0
    1|0
  • Beard

0|2
    0|0
  • voice and mannerisms

0|1
    0|0
  • Manly appearance and characteristics

0|0
    0|0
  • looking like a guy

0|1
    0|1
  • Being rude, not delicate.

0|0
    0|1
  • Short hair, walking like a man, swearing and being rude in general, never smiling, tattoos.

0|1
    0|1
    • Yeah, we're supposed to be the smiling dolls, isn't that just irritating? I have experienced it how I get called out (& used to get called out a lot in childhood) for not smiling...

• *experienced it a lot,

• No that’s not what I mean. I aaid never smiling. I didn’t say not smiling non stop. I just mean smile, cry, whatever that you feel, because i think it isn’t feminine to shut down for ones true emotions.

• Feminine and masculine are gender roles - just a social construct.

4|0
    1|3
    • Evolution would argue hard with that.

• Show All
    • Dear opinion owner Anon I totally agree with you!

• Thank you very much :)

• Honestly I work at a job that is predominantly for men since I’m always outside and taking care of parks and painting fields and stuff and some guys say it’s too manly for a girl. :/
    I don't know, I can still clean up nicely and be that girly girl but when shit needs to get done, it’ll get done.

1|2
    0|1
    • I don't think working outdoors makes you less feminine. Actually I have a lot of respect for the hard outdoor work that most people don't want to do. I work with computers and the industry is littered with "women in stem" activists, but I never hear those types trying to get women into outdoor manual labor and it's frustrating. It's nice to hear from women willing to do the less glamourous and cushy kinds of jobs.

• PCOS

0|1
    2|1
    • Characteristics regarding Both Behavior and look.
      I answered this accordingly. Why am I getting dislikes?
      PCOS is a hormone imbalance that produces more male features like
      Body hair where it shouldn't be and Face hair.

• "Beard" can get a like but me basically stating the same thing get's a lot of dislikes? wow

• When she curses (by she, that includes me) but i guess it makes a girl less feminine

1|2
    0|0
  • Who cares?

0|1
    0|2
  • For me another girl is less feminine if they outwardly and loudly belch, chew tobacco, spit, sit with their legs wide open, have no table manners, and try to “act” like one of the boys. Mind you, I don’t find this behavior attractive in males either but you find it prevalent among masculine women.

1|1
    0|1
    • I love how lack of table manners is linked with "guys" 😂😆😋

• Not always.. it’s disgusting either way. But a “lady” in the truest since of the word is proper, and has great manners.

Recommended myTakes