Ladies, do you see guys who have pets as better partners?

Ladies, do you see guys who have pets as better partners?
I mean, if they're good pet owners, they've proven to be caring and responsible, and if they can take care of a pet, they can be better at taking care of kids too.
  • YES
    Vote A
  • NO
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Everyone is more appealing if they have pets. I wouldn't even be friends with anyone who hated animals let alone date an animal hater. To be that means something is wrong with them.
    How can you not like pets.

1|2
    0|0
  • No not really, depends on the guy.
    My ex: loves cats and will even keep cats that he finds outside, but was he a great person? No he wasn't, he took advantage of me and always asked for money, when I finally said no and I couldn't give him anymore money, he broke up with me a week later saying how I'm boring and he likes girls that are wild and likes to party.
    My boyfriend: not a pet person, he likes dogs but doesn't find the need to buy/adopt one. Is he a great person? Yes, he spoils me, buys me everything, willing to send me money if I ever need help, he respects me and my choice to wait to have sex til after marriage, he listens and always finds a way to cheer me up.

2|0
    0|0
    • As for kids wise, my ex doesn't even want kids
      My boyfriend treats his neices and nephews like they were his own kids.
      He knows that one day he might become a father in the future and he hasn't said anything about not wanting any

Most Helpful Guys

• Having a pet doesn't really tell much about "how good of a father" one is or about how responsible they are.
    But I do think the choice of their pet is a very telling sign about their personality in general.

Personally, I never get along with dog people or those who dislike cats, and find most of them to be rather unpleasant.

0|0
    0|0
  • You know what I wonder if the poll results would be influenced if you put a bunch of pictures of ugly dudes and not so cute pets.

Good looking dudes and cute pet images probably create positive associations in the minds of people voting but I wonder if its enough to sway the vote ^^

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 78

• I'd say they are but I don't seek that out as a type I'm into, I'd actually be less attracted to dating him if he has a pet. I'm not against pets, I just don't want to date a guy who has one because it's mean the pet is partly mine and I can't handle pets

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! I don’t seek out men with pets in particular. But maybe it has to do with a female instinct of finding someone who will care for their offspring? Possibly.

But also, the pictures of men holding puppies or other animals send me over the edge. Haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted no because the pet and the guy are separate entities and how much I like one has no bearing on how much I like the other.

2|3
    0|0
  • It’s not about kids you don’t necessrily want kids but it does show an ability to be kind and patient and respectful which doesn’t mean hewill be that way with me bjt uts encouraging. Unless he abusive with the animals then I know to stay away - and call animal protection.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how he treats his pets. I've met guy's who thought that they were hilarious for burning guinea pigs or drowning their cats (to actual death), or kicking/throwing things at their dogs for coming too close to them. Whether he's a truly nurturing guy or not will affect his desirability. I want a guy who'll take care of the animal depending on him.

2|0
    0|0
  • You can tell a lot about a guy from what pets he has, how he treats his mother, and how much he tips waiters.

2|1
    0|0
  • Definitely.

Usually a guy with a pet, especially a dog, shows me he's responsible, can take care of himself and another living being. Plus it's just adorable to me seeing a guy interacting with his pet

1|0
    0|0
  • To me a guy who owns a cat is much more attractive than a guy who doesn't

0|2
    0|0
  • I WOULD MARRY THE GUY WITH THE HUSKEY IN AN INSTANT ASDFSDSAFSGADFASD.. then again those are usually the guys I don't even really notice when I meet them because I'm too distracted by their dogs 😂

All jokes aside though, having pets would not significantly impact upon my decision to date someone. I don' think I could ever date a person who doesn't like animals though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think how being a good parter is related to being a dog owner, but I love dogs so I guess it'd be a plus if he liked dogs too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 43

• Extrapolating that guys who can take care of pets will necessarily be good "fathers" or even "partners", is like saying a great athlete will be a great coach. Sometimes people have pets because they prefer a pets' company to that of a human, and depending on the human, I definitely agree with that !!

0|0
    0|0
  • There is nothing more funnybthan when a girl gets a dog to test her boyfriends ability tovraise kids only to have them both later fighting over the dogs custody.

0|1
    0|0
  • You had to include pictures of six pack abs didn't you

0|1
    0|0
    • I googles pictures of "guys with pets" and these were some of the pictures that came up. What did you expect?

• Half naked guys is like caviar to women. You could make girls like anything that way. So with chiseling features and ripped muscles the underlying question women are answering is "Do you think hot guys make better partners? P. s. there are pets too"

• Because I am sick of seeing this question pop up as a suggested im going to comment.

While naturally animal owners might seem like good people, others are the exact opposite. Especially those who focus that much on aesthetics.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly no knew someone had a dog didn't take care of him or anything I ended up taking the dog and looking after him

Just because they have an animal doesn't mean they can be good parents

Watch how the animal acts and reacts with the owner that how you can tell

0|0
    0|0
  • Bro do you know how many girls I see on Tinder who write on their bios, "If you have a dog, I'm automatically swiping right"? They're all over the place.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a cat I treat her like a queen and I don't have women and girls falling for me because I have cat.

0|0
    0|0
    • That is such a pretty tabby! I've always wanted an orange tabby

• Show All
    • @BaileyisDarcy
      And we have Hawk's in the area looking for small pray and with her still being kitten Blondie is her name she is saver being in door's and thank you Plus she try's to get outside though.

• All cats do, its a place theyve never explored and they want to!

But eventually she'll get past the fearless kitten age, and will be old enough to fear the unknown. doesn't take too lon.

• Girls I’m single 😎

0|0
    0|1
  • I have two cats.. One cat is extremely sensitive to peoples character.. She hisses and bites people she doesn't like. Complete opposite with my wife, she loved her.. I figure if my cat doesn't like her than she isn't worth my time.

0|0
    0|0
  • The men shown as examples are clearly too focused on their own appearance WITH the dog, rather than actually being capable of showing compassion.

It's a very weird flex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes