Ladies, do you see guys who have pets as better partners?

Ladies, do you see guys who have pets as better partners?
I mean, if they're good pet owners, they've proven to be caring and responsible, and if they can take care of a pet, they can be better at taking care of kids too.
  • YES
    Vote A
  • NO
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Everyone is more appealing if they have pets. I wouldn't even be friends with anyone who hated animals let alone date an animal hater. To be that means something is wrong with them.
    How can you not like pets.

1|2
    0|0
  • No not really, depends on the guy.
    My ex: loves cats and will even keep cats that he finds outside, but was he a great person? No he wasn't, he took advantage of me and always asked for money, when I finally said no and I couldn't give him anymore money, he broke up with me a week later saying how I'm boring and he likes girls that are wild and likes to party.
    My boyfriend: not a pet person, he likes dogs but doesn't find the need to buy/adopt one. Is he a great person? Yes, he spoils me, buys me everything, willing to send me money if I ever need help, he respects me and my choice to wait to have sex til after marriage, he listens and always finds a way to cheer me up.

2|0
    0|0
    • As for kids wise, my ex doesn't even want kids
      My boyfriend treats his neices and nephews like they were his own kids.
      He knows that one day he might become a father in the future and he hasn't said anything about not wanting any

Most Helpful Guys

• Having a pet doesn't really tell much about "how good of a father" one is or about how responsible they are.
    But I do think the choice of their pet is a very telling sign about their personality in general.

Personally, I never get along with dog people or those who dislike cats, and find most of them to be rather unpleasant.

0|0
    0|0
  • You know what I wonder if the poll results would be influenced if you put a bunch of pictures of ugly dudes and not so cute pets.

Good looking dudes and cute pet images probably create positive associations in the minds of people voting but I wonder if its enough to sway the vote ^^

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 78

• No because they want their pets to be part of their life and let them sleep in bed with them. I share no bed with some mutt between us. Plus the mutt likes to lick his arse and then lick his owner on his lips and then he wants to kiss me. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Dog butt smell!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say they are but I don't seek that out as a type I'm into, I'd actually be less attracted to dating him if he has a pet. I'm not against pets, I just don't want to date a guy who has one because it's mean the pet is partly mine and I can't handle pets

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! I don’t seek out men with pets in particular. But maybe it has to do with a female instinct of finding someone who will care for their offspring? Possibly.

But also, the pictures of men holding puppies or other animals send me over the edge. Haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted no because the pet and the guy are separate entities and how much I like one has no bearing on how much I like the other.

2|3
    0|0
  • It’s not about kids you don’t necessrily want kids but it does show an ability to be kind and patient and respectful which doesn’t mean hewill be that way with me bjt uts encouraging. Unless he abusive with the animals then I know to stay away - and call animal protection.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how he treats his pets. I've met guy's who thought that they were hilarious for burning guinea pigs or drowning their cats (to actual death), or kicking/throwing things at their dogs for coming too close to them. Whether he's a truly nurturing guy or not will affect his desirability. I want a guy who'll take care of the animal depending on him.

2|0
    0|0
  • You can tell a lot about a guy from what pets he has, how he treats his mother, and how much he tips waiters.

2|1
    0|0
  • Definitely.

Usually a guy with a pet, especially a dog, shows me he's responsible, can take care of himself and another living being. Plus it's just adorable to me seeing a guy interacting with his pet

1|0
    0|0
  • To me a guy who owns a cat is much more attractive than a guy who doesn't

0|2
    0|0
  • I WOULD MARRY THE GUY WITH THE HUSKEY IN AN INSTANT ASDFSDSAFSGADFASD.. then again those are usually the guys I don't even really notice when I meet them because I'm too distracted by their dogs 😂

All jokes aside though, having pets would not significantly impact upon my decision to date someone. I don' think I could ever date a person who doesn't like animals though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think how being a good parter is related to being a dog owner, but I love dogs so I guess it'd be a plus if he liked dogs too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly, I'm not sure. I'll admit that taking care of a pet is a sign of responsibility, so positive point there. Also, guys + animals = adorable, second positive point, but very shallow. However, I personally don't enjoy pets. Can't exactly explain why, but something about sharing my space with an animal bothers me. So that's a very big negative point. That leaves me unsure of what my conclusion is

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so because it shows that he's capable of loving and caring for something else that depends on him, and also needs his protection.

There are some men with pets who are still arseholes, though, so... it depends on how he treats his pets and those around him. Especially his family.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Besides, then i know if we like the same pets. However, if he owns a pet snake I'll never date him for fear of the snake

0|1
    0|0
    • It always seems like men who have snakes are the strangest people. They wear leather biker vest, listen to Cannibal Corpse, and own BDSM equipment.

• Yeah. That and I am truly 10000000000% terrified of them. I have nightmares just seeing a picture. I can't watch Indiana Jones because the snakes will give me nightmares.
      I know it's ridiculous but it's true

• My mom agreed to date my dad because she loved his dog and saw how well he took care of his dog. So I do believe that guys with pets that are well cared for are more attractive. Also, I just like animals.

1|0
    0|0
  • depends? the guys in those pictures clearly only took the photo to appeal to women. so some think it makes them above other men or something, thats cringey. if he genuinely cares for his pet and doesn't show it off in a pathetic way then i can tell he's kind hearted

0|0
    0|0
  • As an animal lover, absolutely. Shows he has responsibility and is caring.

1|1
    0|0
  • Definitely! They've got big hearts and the best type of Men out there. I love animals, and these are the guys you can have a great future with, he'll be the perfect one too agree on having a big family of pets 🐾

0|0
    0|0
  • I love dogs and cats (and dragons too lol) and I know that if someone has a pet they are more likely a very responsible person. But are they better partners than those who don't? No. They could only be better partners if they are. Judging it by the fact that they have pets seems superficial to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kinda it shows they know how to take responsibility and how to look after someone else and show love and affection. Guy's like that always have a little bit of a soft, sweet side to them as well which Is so cute

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't necessarily make them a better parter; however, if they know how to care for the pet, then they are likely to be more compassionate, patient, understanding, etc (given that they do these things with the pet).

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they usually are and that is why I believe so many women want Nick outside of the fat that he's hot, you can just see the way he loves his dog and how the dog glares back at him like he thinks that's really his daddy.

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex has a dog he treats her like crap locked in a room only letting her out to use the bathroom. Never plays with her or pet hers.
    He treated me just the same. Well besides the door part obviously. I hope she's doing ok. Always heard her clawing at the door wanting to get out. :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on how well he cares for his pet , it’s a good indicator on how he will care for his future girlfriend or children. And it speaks to what kind of person he is.

1|3
    0|0
  • If the guy already has a dog then I know he likes dogs. I could never marry someone who didn't love dogs as much or more then I do. That's the one big deal breaker for me!

0|0
    0|0
    • Then you'll be alone forever. Lower your standards a bit cause the real world does not care how much or litter you love your dog.

• Show All
    • @MattsHerez If I had a partner who said he couldn't live wit me because of my dog (hypothetically, my dog still lives with my mum currently) we wouldn't ever get any further in our relationship.

It is actually important for these kinds of likes/dislikes to align for a relationship to work. I've dated a guy allergic to cats who hated them, never again. And I have a friend who hates dogs so she's not an option to house share with meaning I'm going to have to find a stranger when I get a new place.

So no, it's not insane at all, it's actually incredibly reasonable.

• MattsHerez I'd rather be alone and happy then in a relationship and miserable!! My brother HATES dogs and he HATES my dog and it has made me realize that I could never marry someone like that. So I don't know how that is having high standards, all I'm asking for is a dog lover. I don't think I'm being unreasonable at all!

• Yes. It’s not just having a pet but how he treats it. And not just an indication of raising children but how patient and loving he will be with his woman

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really, I don't really see the conection there. A guy that takes good care of his pets may be caring, but he doesn't necessarily have the values I appreciate in a partner and the father of my children.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because there is more to being a responsible and caring person. Owning a pet does not mean he is ok to take care of kids. I hate to say it but it's actually true.

1|0
    0|0
    • She's right. You can't just leave your kid outside for the day while you go to work.
      I have seen parents walking kids on a lead though

• I think having pet does say that your are responsible in taking care of something else other than yourself. So yes, a man who loves pets is good in my book.

0|0
    0|0
  • No at all, a lot of people have pets and that don’t make them more responsible. Some guys have a pet to attract girls ahahah

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 43

• There is nothing more funnybthan when a girl gets a dog to test her boyfriends ability tovraise kids only to have them both later fighting over the dogs custody.

0|1
    0|0
  • Extrapolating that guys who can take care of pets will necessarily be good "fathers" or even "partners", is like saying a great athlete will be a great coach. Sometimes people have pets because they prefer a pets' company to that of a human, and depending on the human, I definitely agree with that !!

0|0
    0|0
  • You had to include pictures of six pack abs didn't you

0|1
    0|0
    • I googles pictures of "guys with pets" and these were some of the pictures that came up. What did you expect?

• Half naked guys is like caviar to women. You could make girls like anything that way. So with chiseling features and ripped muscles the underlying question women are answering is "Do you think hot guys make better partners? P. s. there are pets too"

• Because I am sick of seeing this question pop up as a suggested im going to comment.

While naturally animal owners might seem like good people, others are the exact opposite. Especially those who focus that much on aesthetics.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly no knew someone had a dog didn't take care of him or anything I ended up taking the dog and looking after him

Just because they have an animal doesn't mean they can be good parents

Watch how the animal acts and reacts with the owner that how you can tell

0|0
    0|0
  • Bro do you know how many girls I see on Tinder who write on their bios, "If you have a dog, I'm automatically swiping right"? They're all over the place.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a cat I treat her like a queen and I don't have women and girls falling for me because I have cat.

0|0
    0|0
    • That is such a pretty tabby! I've always wanted an orange tabby

• Show All
    • @BaileyisDarcy
      And we have Hawk's in the area looking for small pray and with her still being kitten Blondie is her name she is saver being in door's and thank you Plus she try's to get outside though.

• All cats do, its a place theyve never explored and they want to!

But eventually she'll get past the fearless kitten age, and will be old enough to fear the unknown. doesn't take too lon.

• Girls I’m single 😎

0|0
    0|1
  • I have two cats.. One cat is extremely sensitive to peoples character.. She hisses and bites people she doesn't like. Complete opposite with my wife, she loved her.. I figure if my cat doesn't like her than she isn't worth my time.

0|0
    0|0
  • The men shown as examples are clearly too focused on their own appearance WITH the dog, rather than actually being capable of showing compassion.

It's a very weird flex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ofcourse its not the same as a child. But I think it shows that if he takes good care of his dog he probably will take better care of his child, then someone that doesn’t take good care of his dog.

0|0
    0|0
  • They do problem is that’s like false desire using another being to better the perception of a person. See the desperate downfall in that?

0|0
    0|0
  • Although interesting, I gotta be brutally honest here. If a woman thinks having a pet makes a man a better partner then she is just fucking retarded.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whether a guy likes pets or not has absolutely zero to do with his desirability as a mate. It just means he likes his dog, or cat. Geesh.

0|0
    0|0
  • I adore my Dog and my new rescue cat but I don’t want children.

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL. Guys who look as good as the ones in those pictures could keep a pet hyena and probably still get dates. xD

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a certain logic to it but I wonder how much it influences girls

0|0
    0|0
  • When I take my bosses dog for walks I’ve gotten smiles and hellos from cute girls.

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer girls who have pets. Don't really know why, they just seem more attractive to me

1|0
    0|0
  • If they have a cat then I am cool but not implying some crazy cat lady or dog owners.

0|0
    0|0
  • That seems like Tinder bait. Most women are dumb enough to fall for that though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Where's the "I'm a guy/results" option dude? People keep forgetting to include that.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't include it anymore because I got tired of asking question for women and to see half of the women vote for that option.

• Good point. I don't know why they do that. It's dumb and weird.

• First of all if you had chosen pictures of dudes that were average in look like most people on the planet earth, then the Yes percent would be sooooo much lower. Those pictures are a thirst trap for horny women/men.

Also thinking that a guy will be a good candidate for a relationship because he can own and keep a pet alive is fucking insane. There are so many people who care well for their pets that are the worst people on the planet earth when it comes to interacting with other people. There are many people that love their pet and feel more comfortable with them because they can cuddle them and love them and the pet will basically never say no. It's a one way relationship.

Owning a pet does not give you a personality. And a having good personality that the other person in the relationship can vibe with is the only thing that will keep a relationship going.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would they be?

0|1
    0|0
  • u see but u are blind sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • It's so true...

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never heard this mentioned as a factor.

0|0
    0|0
    • in my opinion these things don't matter. People act like they do to be dramatic or to be reassured. If it doesn't work out the just stick to whatever plan they wanted in the first place.

There's an endless amount of tales of women beaten by their boyfriends and going back each and everytime despite being rescued over and over. Men too, but in less visually graphic cases of abuses.

I think if they haven't created a more intuitive method to discern whether or not a man is good partner material, judging on character alone, every other method just ends in trying to reinforce their innitial desire.

• Love my dog. He depends on me.

1|0
    0|0
  • No that's gay

0|0
    1|1
  • I hope so. It does take some responsibility.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes