Can women in the military wear natural looking makeup while on duty?

Updates:
I don’t mean on deployment

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I have no idea why any girl would care about that when in uniform. Individuality isn't something you're supposed to embrace while you're a soldier.

It reminds me of when Onision was complaining about having to cut his hair when he joined the air force.

1|2
    0|0
    • We’re not talking obvious make up here, just a small amount allowed in most professions

• Well they can do what they want if not in deployment.
    But if you choose a profession that involves such deep questions like "When can I kill or assist in the killing of a person" or "when do I let someone behind to die to save myself", you're definetly asking the wrong ones.

0|0
    1|0
    • Thanks. But your mistake is in the ignorant assumption that those questions weren’t ones first thought about longer ago already.

• So you can decide when to kill somebody but not when to wear make up?

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't know about military but police women do. I've seen them wear false lashes and a face full of costume makeup to work. That along with Breastimplants and butt injections, its crazy

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow, I’d never go that far but each to their own.

• There isn't a downside at all. You still have the same number of men as before, you just have more people in service now. Being in the army doesn't equate to being in the infantry or first lines either, I can't figure out why you think it does.

As for European countries, that makes little sense. There have been black and brown people living in Europe for ages with 0 connection to the culture their ancestors came from, just like in North America. Your skin colour doesn't determine your loyalty to the country you are raised in. People native to Europe are tons of different colours, since native means being born there. Most people in the UK have a lineage that comes from outside the UK, does that make them not eligible to join the army?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• You can't wear (or even have) makeup during Basic Training/Boot Camp, but after that, yes. You can also wear a single stud earring in each ear lobe.

Deployment rules will vary depending on the type of duty and the location.

3|0
    0|0
  • I can't imagine a military women who would bother with makeup if they did not have to. Maybe if it's a formal appearance.
    Military men wear shaving products and things that make themselves look more presentable, so as long as it is a product along those lines, it's fine.
    According to Navy standards, women are allowed to wear makeup so long as it doesn't look like she's wearing makeup. So yes, natural shades. But again, I've met few who bother.

1|0
    0|0
  • If how you look is of concern to you while on duty you shouldn't be there.

0|1
    1|0
    • More ignorance, thinking they’re better and superior. Clearly you’re the type that shouldn’t be there.

• Its all about discipline in the military.

You call me ignorant but you don't want to hear any criticism. Everyone should just blindly agree with you.

• They're actually really strict about the appearance, lol.
      We always have to care about how we look.

• Women in military should conform to the same standards as the men.

1|1
    1|0
  • It wasn't a allowed when I was in.. but could be different now

1|0
    0|0
  • There are rules. It depends on. The branch of service.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably, but question is: wouldn't that just cause men to take them less seriously?

0|0
    0|0
    • If it looks natural nobody should notice

• I must be a stupid man because I don't know anything about makeup that looks natural.

• Most men don’t to be fair

• What's the difference between on duty and deployment?

0|0
    0|0
  • Isn't the real question "WHY should them?"

1|0
    0|0
  • But why?

0|0
    1|0
  • "can" and "should" are two very different things.

0|1
    0|0
    • Explain

• Well obviously it's possible for women to wear makeup on duty, so asking if they can is kind of pointless. Whether or not they should is a more complex question that would also depend on what you mean by "on duty". If they're on the battle field then make-up is probably a bad idea. It gets everywhere if you touch it and it can get in your eyes if it runs, plus there's no practical advantage to bother with appearances in bumble fuck Iraq or wherever they're fighting. Make-up is primarily meant to attract the opposite sex, and in a combat scenario throwing sex into the mix will make things worse, not better. If it were at a party or social event she'd visit in her down time than sure, no real issue there. If she were just walking around base I don't see much point in makeup, although I wouldn't really care enough to complain about it.

• Women need to GTFO the military.

1|0
    4|0
    • Fresh outa ideas, username checks out

• Show All
    • I can't say I agree with you, but that doesn't mean I don't think you shouldn't have your own opinion. My dad has been open to me about his service in Russia. As horrible as it is, it shouldn't be blocked off from a whole group of people willing to make a difference. A man with a protective personality shouldn't be able to stop a person that feels like they are doing the right thing.

Are you saying the western armies should be only open to white men? I don't understand

• @DutchessZero
      "Shouldn't be blocked off to a whole group willing to make a difference"; this would be true if it were not for the fact that women would have only a detrimental effect, in terms of the strategic vulnerability of the professionally armed forces. As I keep saying, women are simply different and not built for war like men are, there's no way around this.

Since you say your Russian you've probably got a different view of ethnography than smaller European nations, given the size and ethnographic scope throughout your imperial, soviet, and republican history. But yes, for pretty much every other European nation (which therefore is white) only natives should be able to defend their countries; for to have foreigners can potentially create a conflict of interest, and again, strategic vulnerabilities (lack of loyalty).

• Nope

1|0
    0|0
    • Military and law enforcement generally have strict no makeup policies

• I've heard it's not allowed

1|0
    0|0
  • Why would you want to?

0|0
    0|0
  • no, they can not

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• Yes we can.
    It's one of those things that let us still feel like us.

1|0
    0|1
    • That’s good to know. Thank you.

• It downer make sense for them to do that. What are they getting pretty for, it's not a beauty pageant

1|0
    0|0
  • You’re a stupid woman :)

0|1
    1|1
    • Clearly, considering I have degrees and very valuable life experience. Typical idiotic comment from someone with issues.

• Why? For what purpose would it serve?

1|1
    1|0
  • Whats the point?

1|1
    1|0
  • Totally

1|0
    0|0
  • Well if you even have time for makeup...

0|0
    0|0
  • For what reason tho and if it’s “natural looking” then what’s the point

0|0
    1|0
    • Are you really that daft?

• Show All
    • *it’s

• Ok then?

• Don’t know why you wouldn’t just use google these people don’t know the answer to this. I think if it’s natural looking you can but am not sure.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes