Will I ever find someone?

I’m a socially anxious girl, I’m not the prettiest I have been told that I am ugly by some people and pretty by a few people, I’m super awkward , I make people uncomfortable, I never know what to say, where to look, or how to act around people who are not my parents or my brother, nobody approaches me or notices me, I’m like invisible, but deep down inside I am sweet, caring, affectionate, and compassionate. Nobody likes me though I make people want to leave. Will someone like me ever find someone will a guy ever love me? I want to find love like this people in love stories or shows but every time I watch them I think that’s cute but then I get sad feeling like I might never have that. I don’t even have friends

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• You won't if you wait until it somehow finds you, like fate or something like that. You have to work for it.

A guy friend told me this yesterday, I think it is pretty accurate.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Well... girls can actually get boys more easily than friends If they are decent looking. The bigger challenge is that a girl like this may lack the self confidence to end a bad relationship and hold out for a decent one. Of course it does require she at least be in a situation where guys can see her and attempt to get her out of her shell. They will be willing to put in more one sided work as far as initiating though then a female friend would be in getting a friendship going.

1|0
    0|0
  • Start talking simple things to people, like basic questions and greetings. Try to make it sound normal/natural (not awkward) and keep practicing. Then, start making more elaborated questions and commenting about simple stuff (go slow, don't hurry). The idea is to make progress slowly, so your brain will take it's time and you'll have a good development acting naturally, and not awkwardly.

0|0
    0|0
    • It really works by the way. It's used in cognitive behavioral therapy. But don't worry too much about social skills; you can develop it.

• You are female , you have far more options than your male counterparts , so of course you will. You may be unwittingly be giving off " Stay well away " vibes , so fewer males will approach.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mery take it easy. You need to socialize to improve your skills with people. You need to practice, without practice one can achieve nothing. Give yourself time.

2|0
    0|0
  • If you need any help, since were the same age I'm sure we can relate on many things. Feel free to message me, I can help ya out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ehh who knows people you can call perfect have trouble while some people called bad found people

1|0
    0|0
  • You're 17, you have all the time to find someone.

The description you're giving is not the truth. It's the view of an insecure scared little girl who think the whole world hate her and sees herself as much worse that she is.
    But it's not the truth, you know that. I know that, because what you describe is me. I was exactly the same as you at your age, and I'm still like that today. But it's wrong.

You're not invisible, you're not ugly, annoying, and you don't make people want to leave. Raise your chin, look at yourself in the mirror, and look at you. Not at who you think you are, but who you really are. Because obviously who you think you are and who you really are don't match.

You know what? Post a pic of you. And you'll see. People will tell you that you're not ugly.

0|0
    0|0
  • No you will never find someone

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes