What do you do when anxiety keeps you awake?

Sometimes I wake up during the night and my head starts racing. I worry and can't go back to sleep so I come on here or watch YouTube. I have medicine but dont take it as I feel this isn't the way to go, plus I dont want to be addicted to anything. I was just curious what you do that helps you relax? What do you do when anxiety keeps you awake?

510

Most Helpful Guys

• I usually get up and get on the computer, either reading stuff or playing a game. If it's bad enough I might go for a walk. For me, exercise is usually the best cure for restlessness. A mile will probably do the trick. If not, then two miles will almost always be enough.

• I'm the same.
    I come here to occupy my mind in the middle of the night until I have to get up and start making school lunch.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends! If I can't sleep because I'm worrying about something or several things then I find it helpful to write (or type) everything that I'm feeling out! It's like it gets it out of my brain and on to paper so I can relax! If my anxiety is caused by a person then I usually write it as a letter to them, like all the things I wish I could say to them! I never actually send them though! I don't think I've ever not been able to sleep for just general anxiety though so I can't help with that!