What are your thoughts about women's attraction to the "Bad Boy"?

Please watch this and give your thoughts: https://youtu.be/4MkpP_tp7ps
Updates:
I love how there's so many replies here saying something to the effect of "I didn't even watch the video because it's stupid and dumb, but I still disagree". I don't think there's a better definition of stupid and dumb than that. The irony is pretty funny to me.

1|2

Most Helpful Girls

• He's not a bad boy, he's just hot. And I'm not going to waste 8 minutes of my life watching that dumb blonde.

3|4
    0|1
    • How do you know she's dumb if you didn't watch it?

• Show All
    • Lol later.

• That blonde girl is actually a doctor lol

• Childish. Sounds like a teen's fantasy, an adult/mature woman knows better.

If I hear girls talking about this bad boy good guys nonsense, I immediately assume they're immature.

0|6
    0|1
    • I see it as immaturity too. I'm generally not interested in girls who were/are like this at any point in their lives. To me it's indication of poor judgement.

• Show All
    • bad boy is kind of a nickname to describe a confident guy

• Given by immature girls.

Most Helpful Guys

• I blame feminism. Women dont want a bad boy, they want a patriarch. Bad boys are closest to patriarchs they can find so they settle for them.

1|3
    1|0
    • I agree but I'd also add that women today are bad at distinguishing alphas from assholes. They see an asshole and misread that as alpha and then get upset when they find out that he's a scumbag. Then they'll go "alpha=bad", but they're comparing assholes, not alphas. The ones who "fight the patriarchy" are likely too stupid to tell the difference between competent, reliable men and tyrants. Society today does a poor job at helping them make that distinction and often they realize when it's too late, and personally I don't want a girl who didn't realize until it was too late. It's a shit situation for everyone as far as I can tell.

• Show All
    • Society doesn't belittle nice guys. Society tells guys that masculinity is "toxic" and gives us a list of criteria to follow that constitutes the "nice guy" so women will want us. We, being the dumbasses that we are take those words for the truth at a young age, failing to realize that those women who claim masculinity is toxic can't tell the difference between a masculine man and an asshole, and what they're actually doing is telling us to be docile. Docile men are undesirable to women and when men don't get the girl after becoming the docile pseudo-nice guy they understandably get mad because they feel they've been lied to. In reality the types who go around saying they want the nice guy just don't want a jackass, but they're unable to articulate it and men shouldn't be listening to them in the first place. Women want competent, assertive, dominant men who aren't assholes. That's the thing guys should strive for, not a castrated wuss who preaches extremist feminist crap about how men are oppressive and abusive and should just step out of the way and let her do as she pleases. All that does is create spineless, resentful men who have nothing to offer women and get trampled by the world. A guy like that will never oppose his woman, or anyone who opposes her or their children or himself. Totally worthless.

• Also none of this gender confirming bullshit. All that does is encourages men who are naturally less assertive that it's not undesirable to women and that they'll still be attractive despite their temperament. That's the worst thing you can do for them. If they're not naturally assertive then they need to become more assertive, not be complacent in their mediocrity. If you tell them they have nothing to change and that they're fine you condemn them to a life of loneliness and frustration and more often than not the ones who complain about women not liking the nice guy ARE those guys who have been told that women like docile men. All you're doing is generating resentment among men.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• there is a difference between bad boys and being manly. Women like manly men. Bad boys may exhibit manly qualities more than anice guy. That doesn't mean women are into assholes, they just like the bad boys for their manly qualities. Just be a real man and no sane woman will ever feel the need to look somewhere else.

0|1
    0|0
    • I tend to agree there. It's not obvious to me that women (at least the ones I encounter) are very good at telling the difference. Maybe the women around me are just especially worthless and if I move a bit farther out I'd find something more acceptable, or maybe the rest are just as bad. I can't really say for certain, but I definitely find it frustratingly difficult to meet decent people.

• sane woman
      LOL
      :D

• Every girl has that bad boy fantasy but she gets quickly over it when he breaks her heart.

0|6
    0|2
    • I wish that were true, but sadly the bad boy comes back in the form of another and another for most women. First, it's James and then it's Brian. Then she leaves Brian and meets Mark. The lesson that we do not learn is the scenario we will often repeat.

• She needs to pursue him for her heart to be broken though. Also I somehow doubt that a girl who's so immature that she's unable to realize that the guy she's pursuing is a scumbag will realize her mistake after being heart broken once. I've known girls who made the same mistake repeatedly over and over and never actually admitted their mistake. Sounds to me like you think there's merit to what the girl in the video is saying but attribute such behavior to immaturity.

• No she just goes and sleeps with another Chad.

• They are asking for a broken heart and be treated like dirt. Basically, for lack of nicer terms, they are idiots.

0|5
    0|0
  • Omg... her voice was so pleasant lol

I agree 6000% especially about feminizing men.

Masculine men please come back

0|4
    0|0
    • TLDR? I'm too masc to watch a woman drone on for 8 min.

• Even if they come back, it will make no difference. You will use disgusting words for them like insecure possessive controlling jelous etc.

You will never truly respect their feelings.

• My thoughts before watching the video:
    Bad boys tend to be more confident and harder to get.
    I don't think most people want someone submissive who will just give you everything you want without challenging you.

After watching the video:
    I can't help agreeing with her, even if some of the things she says makes me a bit angry xD
    Can't fight biology i guess, even if i want to lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Try and take everything with a grain of salt. This could very well be just for views? Plus, her opinion is 1 out of 7.53 billion (as of 2017).
    The emotional maturity of some people never grows above their childhood trauma triggers in relationships with others and themselves. Good luck. <3

0|0
    0|0
  • This whole "bad boys" thing sounds mostly like a movie trope to me. Also, no one seems to really know what a bad boy even is exactly. Or at least everyone seems to have their own wishy-washy definition of it.

0|3
    0|2
    • And do you know exactly what a bad boy is?

• Show All
    • @kitty71 Yeah, obviously.

• I think the main things are good looking while being more self-centered instead of being accommodating. They're impressed probably because the guy has a strong sense of personal direction. I think as girls get older they obviously like the more empathetic guy but there may still be some instinct to not be as attracted to them for their predictable harmony. Unpredictableness and harder to get trigger a natural inclination for desire. I'm not sure if I explain that well but people tend to like things that are hard to get. Bad boys embody that well.

• Nope am good with sober and nicer guys.. No drama pls

0|4
    0|0
  • bad boys are interesting, exciting and fun to be with

0|0
    0|4
  • Blondes are so airheaded. he's not a bad boy he's just hot

0|1
    1|1
  • i think it’s only natural for people to love bad boys

0|0
    0|4
  • Tl:DW; please.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think a lot of women want to change him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually I'll lose interest in a guy when I found out that he is a trouble maker. Huge turn off. Even when I was a teen. Seeing a guy get in trouble is turn offing

0|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 35

• None of my business whom someone is attracted to. In the end, it is entirely their own choice and it's no one's right to tell them to think differently.

0|0
    0|1
  • Oh gawd what a blonde. She basically just described an bad boy as an alpha so she didn't need to address the negatives. I got like 4mins in and thats all it took to see through her BS. Simply, she's not willing to disparage the bad boy, she's just going to blabber on about nothing.

I don't have much opinions myself on the topic otherwise. But here are a few.

A lot of girls aren't very good, so they chase bad boys to avoid having to feel inadequate in the face of a good guy.

Some girls are so bad that they will scream away any man that allows her own bad self destructive behaviour to unfurl. So they date bad boys seeking abuse that keeps them contained from themselves.

People typically have inhereted some form of pathological attraction to abuse, including the bad boy persona, due to a long history of learnt helplessness developed throughout childhood. The history of childhood is unimaginably awful. To find acceptence and avoid abandonment, people developed mechanisms to appease abusers through sexual lusts, in order to save themselves. Its likely a genetic inheretence from its wide spread practice in the past now.

On that last note, from a psychological angle, BDSM is fascinating in that way, the fact that people actively seek torment and abuse in substitution of love. And how it seems so pervasive in people that haven't really even had conventional abuses to relate to.

there's also the cross over of alpha in there too as she eluded to.

But i think that covers most aspects

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh also bad boys are easier to control in that screaming and bad behaviour is not only more acceptible coming from a percieved victim, but the bad boy sometimes has such low self esteem that they assune themselves wrong at all tines, making them easier to manipulate.

• Another thing ofcoarse that dumb blonde wants a bad boy. she's vapid and idiotic. there's a whole lot of self loathing that arrives from having to witness that. She likes bad boys because it stops her from being judged for what she is, which is entirely fake.

• Women get the type of men they create and incentivize through sex. If sex was reserved for men who have their shit together then every man would have his shit together.

0|1
    0|0
  • not sure the women watched the video...
    4:00 to 4:10 yes
    4:35 to 5 - yes
    in general, sounds right.
    and the other side of this is... I think men may have become weaker. trained by mom to be nice... role changes over time, lack of good bonding with other men doing men stuff, I think some of us are not looking good to women emotionally.

0|1
    0|0
  • girls call abd boys guys that are hot tall handsome
    those are abd boys for her

nice guys are short skinny or fat dudes
    just to make u realize what u hear

it has nothing to do with personality most of the time - it doesn't mean u gotta beat up few random other dudes on the street

0|0
    0|0
  • Every time I see a girls myTake about their little “bad boys” it’s always nothing more than these fantasties from movies and it’s never complete without pictures of very attractive pretty boy wearing a leather jacket and dressed like a biker gang he most likely wouldn’t be accepted into

in a nutshell it’s just hot guys wearing leather and some illusion plastered onto them

0|0
    0|0
  • The Whole bad boy scene is damn joke, really? what is this a shitty 80's movie or fifty shades of grey or whatever? Actually get out there and find new people to date, not the painted fantasy you pictured in ya head, shit's never gonna appear no matter how much ya pray

0|0
    0|0
  • Never actually seen or experienced this in real life, the girl going for the bad guy is usually because the girl is a mix of damaged and naive so you should be thanking the bad boys for taking the broken girls if you think about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao and here we go again
    100th post on how girls are attracted to bad boys aka insecure kiddos

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm a bad boy. I kicked a puppy off a cliff and it landed on an old lady and killed her. I just lol'd and smoked a blunt. Or some shit like that...

0|0
    0|0
  • heard it once, know it for a life time.

girls love drama that's why they go for the criminals.

even when they are abused and have been broken they still go back to the convict.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are broken. The instinct that saw humans through the earlt stages don't apply now.
    Since I went mgtow and stop caring about women they can't get enough. What kind of fucked up shit is that?

0|1
    0|0
  • Each to their own but when one desires to shift gear its normally the woman trying to tame the bad boy and this never works they met them like that so receive them for who they was to begin with

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I kind of am a bad boy, except the productive and healthy kind... so I like women's natural attraction to bad boys.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means they were sexualized too early, they began forming their sexuality at too immature an age.

It's not always caused by actual sexual abuse, either. Innocence can be lost innocently too. Just watching the wrong pop music videos or the wrong drama show can cause girls to start having sexual thoughts too old for them at too young an age. It creates a very insidious form of arrested development, a part of them can never leave behind that childhood version of themselves because they quite literally never finished their character arc, they never finished forming their childhood personality.

But in cases where there was sexual abuse, then you tend to see this behavior in a much more aggressive form, it can be very disturbing how self-destructive it can make someone and how destructive to others as well. Very terrible.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not gonna watch the video.

Women don't like bad boys as a whole, but they tend to be attracted to the confidence and to their looks. But women, after getting to know these guys, tend to avoid them when it comes to relationships. No one wants a bad boy to get serious with, they're just for hookups, because it's just purely based on sexual instincts. Same reason why men are attracted to hoes, cause they tend to be more confident and good looking, but no man wants to get serious with them, since they're not relationship material.

If we're talking about girls, it's normal to see them gravitate to bad boys, because at that age, superficiality and emotions are more important than rationality. When they mature, they put more importance on brains and ambition than on looks and sweet talk.

0|0
    0|0
  • women want what's exciting and challenging. not those boring ass nice guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • young women love bad boys , mature women love wise men

0|0
    0|0
  • if you dont like what the opposite sex wants dont argue with it accept it

0|0
    0|0
  • Deep down girls want a good guy with the looks of a bad boy

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh, my definition of a bad boy is that play you around.

0|0
    0|0
  • Proof of stupidity.

1|2
    0|0
  • This is all obvious stuff.

0|1
    0|0
  • Being attracted to bad boys causes single mothers

0|3
    0|0
    • I agree with you. Then the single mothers have a son who they infallibly weaken due to lack of male guidance and knowing how they’d want man to treat them. It’s not completely universal but happens more often than now.

Meanwhile their daughters are taught to take charge, but at the same time really want a man who can lead, but the problem is the only guys that take charge are the guys who often abuse them and don’t listen. It’s a destructive cycle.

• I wanna give that blonde in the video a facial

0|0
    0|0
  • Immature, delusional, and self-destructive

0|0
    0|0
  • they need to realize that bad boy are clowns

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are insane.

0|0
    0|0