Is it normal to think no one likes you?

Why did i ask this

212

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, and no. Yes, because it's very common to have these insecurities. No, because there has to be somebody who likes you in general. But the point is, what is the reason to even bother asking? And what does it do for you are? Is it advancing your life? This is what I had to ask myself before I chose celibacy. Because the answers to those questions were this.

1. I asked this because I thought that there was something wrong with me. Like I wasn't good enough or was an abnormality. I always felt different and I just wanted to be myself. I come to find out that maybe there is something wrong with me. But it's ONLY because of the way I have been treated and expected to be treated. I realized that I deserved BETTER.

2. It wasn't doing me ANY good to torture myself and abuse myself emotionally, psychologically and mentally over the decisions of others. It made me sad, angry and bitter and unhappy. Not because I wanted what everybody else wanted. But because there were no logical reasons WHY I needed to be like every other girl, hoping to get a guy to date, marry and maybe have a family with. Yet, I didn't get the respect I needed because of my faith, beliefs, values, etc. My personality was both alluring and a deterrent that I felt I was like a curse or something. When I found out through MBTI that I was an INFJ, I understood a lot more about why I think the way I do, and that there are others like me with the same personality, and that there is nothing wrong with me. And anybody who didn't like me for no reason at all was their problem. Not mine.

3. In conclusion, I knew that it wasn't advancing my life. Just holding me back, and it made me miserable. My desires for such things was to try and prove to my parents, the world and myself that I could do better God's way. That wasn't healthy nor a rational and logical reason to want to date or even be open to it. I wasn't even looking for it. And the desire wasn't that strong anyway. I wasn't going to hurt another person because of my selfishness.

So I want you to seriously think this over about why you feel the way you feel. You have to get to root of your insecurities and tackle them head on, even if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

Most Helpful Guys

• People are the worst.