Girls, what would you think of a guy who like light metal and heavy rock?

These are the kind of songs I like:

Heavy Rock:

Metal (Japanese metal/gothic, in this case):

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Breaking Benjamin is my all time favorite band. Although, I've never considered them metal.
    As for your question, there will be girls that are into it and some that aren't. Just because a girl isn't doesn't mean she isn't dateable.

0|1
    0|0
    • No, no. I labeled them as Heavy Rock haha. The metal was the second vid.

• Show All
    • I've gone to see BB in concert and I would say there were more women then there were men lol. Also, I've been to some heavy metal concerts and plenty of women were there and were really into the music.

• Ok. It may just be my family that’s the problem, then haha.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• It makes me think you like light metal and heavy rock music. That's it.

And I think that because I like that sort of music, too. My favorite kind of music is skate-punk, especially the stuff from the 90's and early 2000's, but sometimes I just need to listen to some rock or metal. The first band I was introduced to was Billy Talent by a guy I was friends with when I was, like, thirteen. Not bad, not my favorite either, but it was my first taste of rock music that wasn't 'classic rock' played on Dad's car speakers. From there, I discovered the band Black Veil Brides, while in a read-emo-books-on-Wattpad phase, and that was where I really got into rock music. Now, some of my favorite bands include: Sleeping With Sirens, Escape The Fate, Falling in Reverse, Skillet, Rise Against, Get Scared.

To give some meaning to the above: I'm a 5'6" blonde female living in a small farming town; I spent the first seventeen years of my life going to church every Sunday (even held positions working at my childhood church); I graduated grade 10 and 11 with high honours; I've only kissed one guy; have never stolen; I've never had even a sip of alcohol, a breath of smoke that wasn't secondhand, or done any sort of drugs. Basically, I'm the complete opposite of what most people picture as the sort of person who listens to any of the bands I've named above.

Admittedly, I like the music because it hypes me up with confidence that is much needed, and loans me an eff-you mentally, which I sometimes need when my anxiety (not confirmed) and depression (confirmed) get too much to handle. Maybe it's the same for you, maybe it's not, but it doesn't really matter. As long as you're always forcing it on others to listen to, like what you like.

(Sorry for the length. TL;DR: The type of music you like doesn't matter, just don't force other people to listen to it and carry on.)

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd like that he likes rock and metal since that's my preference too though the music you gave as examples isn't really my thing so he can listen to that alone :P

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh damn, Breaking Benjamin. It's been a while since I listened to them. I'd be cool with it

0|1
    0|0
  • My boyfriend likes metal too
    It’s just a song preference dude don’t think too much over it

0|2
    0|0
  • I’d think it was awesome! I love that kind of music ☺️

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes