Would you rather be beautiful but suffer from depression or ugly but be content with life?

Would you rather be beautiful by society's standards but suffer from depression

or

be considered ugly by society but content and happy with life
Would you rather be beautiful but suffer from depression or ugly but be content with life?
  • Beautiful but depressed
    Vote A
  • Ugly but content and happy
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Beautiful and depressed what else? Women will throw themselves at you, give you multiple benefits of doubt, leanancy.

I know a super attractive guy to where women walk up giving him their numbers and say call me if you want to have a good time, we don’t have to date or anything. I’ve gotten close to a girl before who I’ve liked and my friend came over one day and she immediately distanced herself from me, as I went to the bathroom she ended up asking him to fuck which he told me about.

Girls always say “guys only want one thing”, well no shit. Men have to find someone willing to be penetrated and women can choose any mate whenever she wants therefore men are sexually deprived. Unless you’re a 8-10/10. In that case women will like I said literally throw themselves at you in hopes of sex. The ugly (me) , average and above average dudes need to excel in personality, career, and financial status and also make sure not to say the wrong thing because she can automatically dismiss you at any point. Life truly ain’t fair. So Beautiful and depressed any day.

0|1
    2|0
    • so even if a girl is dumb enough to throw herself at a random guy just because he is good looking, she will suffer the consequences of potentially being treated really bad, because a lot of those 'pretty' dudes they have no regard for girls like that. use them for sex that's it. you wouldn't want a vain girl like that anyway. unless you are also a guy who wants random sex with random dumb girls, the effort you put into builfing in personaliy and career will pay dividends later, and a girl who values the person for who they are is worth much more attention then someone who just gives herself to random fuckboys

• Show All
    • wow you are bitter. good luck with that mindset.

• If I'm a conventionally ugly person who is already happy, and content, that means my looks aren't affecting my looks in the first place, right? On the flip side, what good is being conventionally attractive if you're depressed?

Obviously, Choice A is the correct one here.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Beauty can even be a curse when you’re not lucky. Women will be jealous of you and will destroy your path, and men will never leave you alone. I don’t say that being ugly is a gift but even beauty can have cons.

2|1
    0|0
    • Even in the history the most beautiful children were offered as a sacrifice to the Babylonian idols

• MGTOW is in progress and it will answer the men problem regardless how beautiful she looks.

• Hmm, I’m already ugly so I’d like to be more happy !! Then I wouldn’t be so darn sad all the time hahah

1|0
    0|0
    • You don't seem ugly in your dark photo honestly :)

It's impossible to always be happy and those we say that are lying. Embrace the sadness and the good moments too. Just remember that even sadness does fade and become something else as long as you don't give up.

• Ur not ugly at all

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I am missing my right leg, I lost it at birth. I know it has effected the way girls look at me, but I have several platonic female friendships and I Would not give them up for the world. I would rather a woman tell me I am ugly but a great guy. I've seen the great looking men who are assholes and I want nothing to do with that personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a difficult one. If you are truly ugly, as in, physically disfigured and grotesque ugly, there isn't too much that can be done about it. If you are content though, you wouldn't really care about it. It would hard for me to imagine being content though, especially if it is a hindrance of getting into a romantic relationship.

Although beauty is only skin deep, depression can be overcome, while true ugliness can not. Just something to ponder.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lmao I really think that most people are lying about the ugly and happy. If you're ugly it becomes hard to find an attractive mate, it makes life harder because people treat you as a lesser human. It's hard enough being attractive and happy. Being ugly would just make most people hate their lives more.

1|1
    1|0
    • in a hypothetical situation, you wouldn't care about all that crap because you would be happy. i think that's what she is getting at. yes, if i didn't care about others' opinion of me, i would choose to be happy over being depressed.

• Is it truly possible to hold the perspective that you are 'ugly' and downplay your worth while supposedly holding the perspective that you are content with your life?

By even giving rise to the meaning 'ugly' there is the suggestion that there is a lack that you have.

On the flip side, are you truly beautiful if you do not value your life?

True beauty is alive, and if your version of beauty is in a photograph, is that really beautiful at all?

There's a reason why many beautiful people are depressed; many people who are beautiful are tired of having traits being automatically associated and projected onto them; We are socialized in a way that shows beautiful people in movies as being basically archetypes of perfection.

Even 'imperfect' characters appear perfect when portrayed in a movie. Add onto that a pretty face, and you get the subconscious expectation that a beautiful person will be this archetype of perfection, whatever 'perfection' means to you personally.

So we get a bunch of beautiful people who hate themselves because they will never be able to live up to the standards of perfection placed upon them by our culture, and we get a bunch of physically ugly people who hate themselves because they are treated differently as a result of being ugly.

The real bullshit is that ugly and beauty has nothing to do with either but how we are treated as a result. If we are ugly we put beauty on a pedestal because we want beauty to render us worthy of being treated with respect, kindness, and value, and if we are beautiful we begin to hate ourselves for being beautiful because it is the reason we are continually treated badly; once the illusion of who we are ends and the person we actually are shines through (often not the ideal of perfection that is being projected upon the beautiful), the beautiful are rejected once they reveal their true selves.

Because this hollywood idea of beauty being associated with perfection is so ingrained we also subconsciously assiciate ugliness with darkness and being a villain. A person who is ugly has to try twice as hard to attain a portion of the appreciation and positive focus that is naturally projected onto the attractive.

it's all the same disease, really. Beautiful people start out on top and spend the majority of their life being knocked off a pedestal they never asked for by simply being themselves. Ugly people start out on the bottom and naturally climb up higher than other people's expectations every time, simply because so little is expected of them societally.

In truth I think the beautiful people have it harder, because until they are seen for who they are, they will continue to be knocked off that pedestal, and may find their entire lives never being seen for who they truly are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beautiful and depressed. I couldn’t be content and ugly and that’s because humans are vain creatures.

But I’m already mildly attractive and depressed so. Might as well be beautiful. I can turn that into a paycheck somehow.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer good Looks and Depression.

I can handle Depression.

But being ugly would make it difficult for me to offer my Future Long Term Partner an aspect of being proud to be together with me.
    I am drawn to beautiful women so I want to offer her a good Look aswell.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as my soul is still beautiful i don’t care throw me into any scenario. As long as I can laugh and enjoy life I’m good.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can overcome depression, but being ugly... it will be constant struggle. If you're beautiful you'll have something to hold on, if you're ugly it will be harder.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am depressed and i know, i would be less if it i was beautiful not by a lot but by some.

And since i can cope now, i think i would be able to cope with been beautiful but depressed.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lizzie Velasquez has a very rare medical condition
    Why are you using her pic as an example?

Ugly and beautiful are subjective
    I'll only say this

2|0
    0|0
    • @ChiTown33 not everyone likes Angelina Jolie and Scarlett Johnson, people have their own preferences so no beauty is subjective. You're really shallow

• Anyone who chooses beauty and depression is under the illusion that beauty was going to alleviate their depression. Ugly and content is absolutely the way to go.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not going to vote in the poll because it’s such a false dichotomy. And who would actually choose the first option? Why choose being depressed over being happy? The truth is, however, that you can reach your beauty goals and still be happy. You’ll have to work for it and remind yourself to have a positive mindset when things are not going so well. But just accepting that you’re going to be either ugly or depressed is just going to make you feel depressed and probably not very beautiful either.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have depression with psychotic features and I think I'm not bad looking, so that is the life I am living already.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather be ugly and happy. Everyone has a different idea of what's beautiful; also, mental health and loving yourself are more important than other people finding you beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ugly and happy. There's no point in being good looking if at the end of the day you're depressed and discontent. Whereas if you're content with life you can still move forward and make the best of life.

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest I've had a lot of people in my life calling me beautiful, but i fight depression. Id rather be ugly and content in my emotions.

0|0
    0|1
  • Ugly but happy and content. Depression is awful anyway and you already hate yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I was content and happy, then that means my ugliness is not affecting that. So that's pretty much a no-brainer, isn't it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Ugly and content for sure. You wouldn't give a fuck that you're ugly then, or what others think of you etc... You'd just be happy. Its what most people strive for

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm ugly, depressed, with incompatible personality with most people and some other things.
    So…basically… :-D
    It's not about left or right. It's about going perpendicular.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beautiful but depressed.
    Because with depression you can deal with or fix it yourself. If you are ugly you have to just accept that or do medical surgery.

0|0
    0|0
  • A life without happiness is not a life worth living. If ugly is the only way to go about it, fine by me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think if I were "ugly" but content and happy with life I wldnt actually be ugly in my opinion or I wldnt give a fuck🤷yk wut I mean

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, all my life people have told me I'm attractive, and I hate my life, so I would rather be ugly but happy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’d take ugly and content but... I’m ugly and depressed, so either one is an improvement for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

0|0
    0|0
  • Ugly but content would be much better. Anyone who studies the face of models or trendsetters knows that there are plenty of "ugly" people who look stunningly attractive when they make a fuss of themselves. Therefore the option is always available to make oneself look fabulous. So being comfortable with the millions better. Besides the depressed person will probably throw themselves out of the window at some point. That's no fun. If you google of the attractive suicidal women you'll see there's hundreds of models that throw themselves off balconies. Not good. Depression is no fun whatsoever.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can confidently say that I'm the former right now.

I would do absolutely anything to be the latter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ugly but happy, clinical depression is a hell I wouldn't wish on anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depression decreases your vibrant pleasant appearance. Which is leaning towards not ugly but closer too it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm already depressed. I could at least be beautiful while I deal with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • id rather to be the way it is now
    im 6'2 handsome 24 y old dude with a girlfriend , yes i am depressed sometimes bcs people especially men tend to avoid me and they dont like my company at all

they see me as another rival to the pussy and if they are higher in the work they will do everything to destroy my career as fast as they can
    as one guy did and im unemployed now since 10 months because :

Women that offered me work places tend to tease me a lot , stick out her ass to be bending over etc , that is not fun when u are in a relationship , and all the older guys saw that and they made my life horrible in this work place

even tho im 24 and i should have tons of friends i got only like 3,4 and my girlfriend

so yea there are pros and cons when u are pretty girl or handsome guy

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol I long for the feeling of being happy and content with life... I can finally get relief from how bad I feel everyday

0|0
    0|0
  • it isn't happy to be beautiful just by appearance :( It rather happier and calm to be beautiful in heart

0|0
    0|0
  • since i'm already depressed i'd at least like to be beautiful

2|0
    0|0
  • I recall a line from one of the Star Wars movies: “Good is a point of view.” The same can be said of pretty.

Ugly is generally a result of poor hygiene and negligent self care. Someone who takes reasonably good care of themselves may be “homely” or “plain” but that’s not the same thing as ugly.

Lastly, your poll only allowing to choose between one extreme or another is yet another said indicator of the current “honor grads only” mentality that is ruining both the job market AND the dating market.

0|1
    0|0
  • Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. No one is really ugly, it's just one's perspective on how you see another person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I deal with depression already; might as well be beautiful while I’m at it.

0|0
    0|0
  • i am beautiful but being happy is more important then looks

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm already both negatives, so I'd rather get rid of the bad feels.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is worth nothing if it doesn't make you happy. Not that i would know anything about that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Already the ladder and I love it and I love my life! :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Sadly I'm ugly and depressed, attempted suicide.. If I had a choice I would take ugly and happy

1|0
    0|0
  • Ugly and content. Right now I feel more like I'm the first option.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's the point of being beautiful if you're unhappy anyways?

0|0
    0|0
  • What good is being pretty if you hate yourself?

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d rather die than be beautiful and depressed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depression passes being ugly doesn't.

2|1
    0|0
  • ugly but happy

0|1
    0|0
  • that pic is not ugly, it's just anorexia

1|1
    1|0
  • I'd rather be me :/