Do you ever get extreme mood swings?

This is mostly for girls, but I know some guys get them too, so please share with us!

I mean like one day you want the world to go up in flames and then the next day the world couldn't be a better place and you're floating on cloud 9?

WHEN IT HITS, THERE'S THE "STAY THE F*** AWAY FROM ME" MOOD like this ...

AND THEN THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW, THERE'S THE ..."OMG! ... I LOVE YOU!" MOOD like this ...

Anyone else ever feel this way? ... lol
  • Do you ever get extreme mood swings?A. Yes, I am very prone to frequent, and sometimes extreme, mood swings
    Vote A
  • Do you ever get extreme mood swings?B. Yes, I get them occasionally, but not all the time
    Vote B
  • Do you ever get extreme mood swings?C. Mood swing? What's that? ... lol
    Vote C
  • Do you ever get extreme mood swings?D. OTHER, see my comments below, or open the survey
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|2

Most Helpful Girls

• oh hell yes i do. especially during PMS. two weeks ago, i was feeling very depressed and literally started crying in public for NO fucking reason, other than the fact that my ass looked fat in a pair of jeans that were two sizes too small. my use of logic goes out the window during that time man. also, when i am about to get my period, i obsess over the dumbest things. i notice every flaw, every cellulite, every stretch mark, every split end. it drives me mad. i started throwing a tantrum because i did not catch the subway. and the next one was supposed to show up in 3 minutes. so i go from crying uncontrollably, to laughing hysterically, to wanting to punch everyone in the face who dares to glance my way.

2|2
    0|1
  • omg!!! i dont feel so lonely!!! is yours pmdd?
    i wrote up a mytake on it...
    glad mine can be charted monthly.
    Still hell gets lose those few days and it was so bad... i lost my last relationship.

1|1
    0|1
    • Wow! PMDD is the worse form!

No, I don't have it that bad, thank god, but I have a girlfriend that does and it's like Jekyll and Hyde! ... lol

I will have to look at your myTake for sure!

I know how it can ruin relationships... you have to find a guy with the patience of Job! ... lol

• I went to your profile myTakes and didn't see any at all posted.

Could you copy it to me?

• oh... i didn't post it yet... i need someone to help edit it.. i can send you private

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Oh yes! Oh hell yes. I could be in a really hyper fun mood one moment and then in a super shitty sad mood the next. I think it comes down to the situations you're in , the people you're around, the things going on in your life. Our moods as humans especially as women can be pretty unpredictable and extreme. Take periods for example. I could be on cloud nine jumping around and then boom. Period pains begin and I'm a moody bitch, being rude to everyone around me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I get those occasionally but try very hard to keep them under control.

Like many girls, when I get close to my menstruation, I notice a subtle change in my moods. I am lucky that those mood swings are not happening from one minute to another but rather progressively. I try to adjust my temper accordingly.

Usually, I am going through the same pattern every time. I start noticing that I wake up with a negative feeling and just want to stay in bed and shut the world out of all my thoughts. Everything annoys me and it takes only a spark, a wrong word or look to get my hormones going crazy.

I try to suppress this feeling by doing some activities that tire me out physically like biking or jogging. I refrain from going to the gym and to avoid the contact of those people that take every opportunity to hit on me. I know I would be mean to them even though their approach is subtle.

I want to stuff everything that is edible into me to compensate for my mood swing. I am lucky enough to have a strong willpower and refrain from doing it (most of the time).

Passed the peak stage, after the menstruation, I get a burst of serotonin, the happiness hormones, that makes me love the entire world. That is stage 2 of my mood. Again, but this time because of happiness, I want to stuff myself, but mostly with sweets. I have to really get a grip on myself to withstand the feeling and craving. Also, I am in a shopping mood and I feel that every piece of garment fits me, regardless of size, color and dislike for that piece on a normal day.

Then, I am good for the next period and the whole circus starts over again.

But I try really hard not to let my friends and colleagues know that I have my mood swings. During those days, I am changing from extrovert to a totally introvert person as I make a huge effort not to lash my mood swing at them. I guess they notice nonetheless. But hey, don't we want guys to notice us after all?

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

I would disagree with your statement indicating [This is mostly for girls]. I would rephrase that and say: [This is mostly girl's reputation]. That's because humans regardless of gender can experience severe mood swings. One day you feel ugly, the other day feel sexy. One day you feel extreme fatigue and out of mood, the other day you feel hyperactive and on mood. The scenario can occur to anyone.

Girls however, they have more reputation for mood swings because of the consistent cycle and hormonal impressions they go through. Although, there are other factors that can possibly make an impact which would lead to mood swings. For instance, depression. People who deal with depressive episodes can experience mood swings. Or disorders such as Hypothyroidism which one of the symptoms and side effects is emotional instability and mood swings. Furthermore, there are evidences that supports astrology, change of season, and even diet etc.. . can be among the factors that can occasionally impact the mood and cause mood swings.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I've had a fair share of moments where I'm completely fine then 10 minutes later, I'm on the floor crying while my cat is looking at me like 'wtf?'

1|0
    0|1
  • Yeah usually around my period, but in general it always happens when I'm driving, I could be listening to a great song on the radio then some other driver pulls out or does something stupid and I'll be fucking bulling for the rest of the day

1|0
    0|1
  • I get moods of high happiness and then a crash at times of depression not severe but they do happen

1|1
    0|0
    • It may have something to do with your diet.

Do you eat a lot of sugar?

• Show All
    • Get checked for diabetes too next time you have a physical.

• It is around the corner for me, of that I am sure

• I don't get bad mood swings like that. I mean yeah some days I'm moody but there's always a good reason behind it and I try not to be grumpy about everything. Usually its only towards the person or thing that made me angry

1|1
    0|0
  • Too often. I could be happy one moment, next i wanna chase someone with an axe 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, I do get mood swings of sorts, but they’re due to bipolar disorder.

1|0
    0|0
    • You know that is 100% curable without drugs, right?

• Show All
    • Well, I don't take meds for it as it is. I tried for years and nothing worked, so I quit, and I haven't found another way to deal with it. Do you have any proven ways to help with this, or?

• What is the method for curing bipolar without drugs?

• Yes I do and I hate it. It makes people not want to be around me.

1|0
    0|1
    • I know, it's like you have to warn them sometimes, if they are lucky... lol

• Nah, I'm in control of my mood nowadays. I used to a little bit though! Even then I'd be conscious about it afterwards and would apologize to anyone who I'd targeted.

1|0
    0|0
  • i can have mood swings depends on ain't flow is here lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, all it takes it one little failure that fucks up my schedule to get me from jolly laid back me to Fuck the world me

1|1
    0|1
  • I used to get such bad mood swings my doctor put me on a birth control to help with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • When I was younger, I did. I guess I'm too numb for that sort of thing, now..

1|0
    0|0
  • when i am tired mostly or the weather changes suddenly.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's really rare, except when I want to kill all the stupid people :)

2|0
    0|0
  • yes when I'm on my period. I can be moody or angry or just very emotional but usually I am cool

1|0
    0|1
  • yah when the waiter or waitress dumps hit soup on me, but to be truth full only when crap really is going wrong a, lot

1|0
    0|0
  • My meds mostly prevent that. My mood hasn't change in months.

1|0
    0|0
  • Weight change, diet change and stress can cause mood swings. Trust me I know from experience.

1|0
    0|0
  • Generally girls get extreme mood swing. I assume during periods

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do. Every 26 days.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im bipolarso guess

1|0
    0|0
    • OMG, a double whammy!

Bipolar is 100% curable by the way, but not through traditional medicine.

Go see a naturalistic doctor... I'M NOT KIDDING!

• That should say "Naturopathic Doctor", I think auto correct changed it :)

• I voted A.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|0
    0|0
  • especially moody when meses

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I have exceptional emotional control.

1|1
    0|0
  • I am extremely moody.

1|0
    0|1
  • Yeah often, which is out of my control.

1|0
    0|1
  • Oh I do have it right now.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think so but not a lot

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope my mood is pretty stable all the time

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes.. extreme aggitation