Do you think dating a single parent also means you should take care of their children?

I heard a popular Youtube star say that she believes it is a rule of thumb that any man who dates her should also obligate himself to "take care of" her kid. I dont know if that meant taking on a full paternal role or little things like getting to know her son or buying him things from time to time. But I just dont agree. I know kids are costly and building a partnership with someone eventually comes with having to tackle the financial and emotional baggage that comes with your partners kids. And I do believe that if you plan on intergrating you and your partners lives then you should accept their children and treat the children well. But I don't think its your job to prioritize kids that you didn't create nor is it your job to take care of any kids you didn't make. Your job would be to be understanding that being a parent means that you will have to possibly play second fiddle for the kid, you may not come first, you are expected to make your partners life easier and if you see that they need help with their kids financially then pitching in to help would be appreciated. But even if that kids other parent (mom or dad) isn't handling there responsibility the responsibilty still doesn't fall on your shoulders. It is and should always be a choice. Its extremely unfair to trap someone with the burden on taking care of kids that they didn't make just because you guys get to know each other, like each other, or even sleep together. Only marriage is an agreement to accept the kid as your family, other than that then no I dont think its fair at all to be expected to take care of anybody other than yourself if you dont have any kids of your own. And if you DO have your own kids then you would be offended if someone demanded that you take care of THEIR kids with the money you could be giving to your own children just because you are in a relationship or dating.
20
10