Do girls really talk too much?

Let's see... what do they call that? ...

Motormouth
Chatterbox
Big Mouth
Wind Bag
Blabber Mouth
Yapper
Rambler
Talk Someone's Ear Off
The Gift of Gab
Yacker
Diarrhea of the Mouth

It is so embarrassing sometimes when I am talking to someone, like in the car, and not staring at them, and then look over, and they have fallen asleep.

I am not kidding... this has happened to me before.

My sisters are the same way. How would you like to be in a house full of motormouth girls all day with non-stop yacking. If our parents don't hear us talking, they think something is wrong or else we are sick... lol

Why do some girls talk so much?

Are there as many guys that do the same thing?

Do you know anyone like this?
  • Do girls really talk too much?A. YES, I have the same problem... I can not stop talking sometimes :)
    Vote A
  • Do girls really talk too much?B. NO, I am very quiet most of the time until I get to know someone and then I open up more
    Vote B
  • Do girls really talk too much?C. NO, I rarely say a word, I prefer to just listen to others talk
    Vote C
  • Do girls really talk too much?D. I love listening to girls talk non-stop, it doesn't bother me at all
    Vote D
  • Do girls really talk too much?E. OMG! There is only so much I can take... put a muzzle on it please!
    Vote E
  • Do girls really talk too much?F. OTHER, see my comments below, or just open the survey
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|2

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It is a known fact that (some) girls tend to talk a lot when among their peers, but there are multiple and very justified reasons for that fact.

1. The woman's brain weighs on the average 1,222 grams while the men's weighs on the average 1,345 grams. Men's brains are about 10% larger. However, the concentration of grey (gray) cells in women's brains are 22% more dense, thus the neurons are much closer to each other.

2. This neurons proximity, mainly located in the prefrontal cortex, thus closest to the eyes and mouth, results in a higher speech evolution in early stages of the fetus development which impacts on girls ability to voice their concerns at much rapid pace and frequency.

3. When among their own gender, girls intuitively release 2 enzymes called "facilitate sermonis" and "vociferabor ad te audiendum".

4. The higher concentration of grey cells, coupled with the release of those 2 enzymes results in a higher speech frequency and volume. It is a natural phenomenon that is called "female blabbermouth syndrome" or FBS. About 68% of girls are affected by this state which is an evolution dating as far back as homo sapiens.

This is the very concise and extremely simplified version of the Vicipaedia ad femina released in 1980.

But enough (fake) scientific evidence.

Now, for my own view on the subject. I tend to be a more quiet individual until I know the persons I talk with and then, there is no holding me back.

But it would be wrong to make a general statement about girls talking too much. The fact is that we just have so much to say at once.

Remember, fashion only lasts a season and current crushes are a thing of the past in wink that we need to exchange all that gossip in a matter of minutes. That is why many feel that girls talk too much. No, we concentrate the important issues on a short period of time.

It is just that there is so much to say that it looks as if we constantly chatter, blabber and can never shut up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls seem compelled to share the minutia of their day. Its not that they talk too much; its what they talk about. Even when not present they engage in non-stop texting, mostly about... the minutia of their day.

2|0
    1|0
  • I talk way too much too. Haha! And honestly I love being around girls who talk a lot. I just may need an office to be able to not hear them as much... lol! Just so my brain can wrap around it all... haha! I have a slow mathoducal brain.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm very quiet but I have five sisters I get along with really well but they talk a lot and it can be hard to keep up when they talk to each other

1|0
    0|0
    • Where are you on the age ladder? ... youngest, oldest , in-between?

• Show All
    • Was that good, or bad, for you?

• I didn't like it then probably good for me now

• Once they feel comfortable taking some women do not shut up and will tell you every little detail of everything they did. Guys are usually only interested in the key points. But if you can get a girl talking then it’s cute to just let them go and talk a bunch: I’m not actually interested in every little detail I just enjoy your company.

2|0
    0|0
  • You didn't cover all the names... but yea sometimes they talk too much... but thats both ways... bring up the right topic and you can get anyone to talk a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like "girl talk" when they are talking to each other. I don't like participating it.

I don't think anyone truly complains about a girl talking too much - what they really mean is that she is talking, at all, about an uninteresting topic.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lots of people talk too much, both guys and girls! I've never had someone talkative to the point of not being able to bear it, apart from a client at worked who could talk at you for 5 minutes straight literally without pause!

0|0
    0|0
  • I know girls from work do... but guys do too. XD
    I don’t talk much. I’m awkward and just quiet. I’ll talk a little more once I’m confortable around that person

1|1
    0|0
  • I think some people are more talkative but women get out down for it. Men are not typically called “chatty Cathy” even if they talk non stop.

1|0
    0|0
    • And just bc you have a penchant for crossing paths with people who have narcolepsy.. doesn't mean you have nothing important to say 😌😊

• In my experience.. Some girls do talk a lot, but some girls don't and I sometimes want them to talk and ramble so we can at least get a convo goin..

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a motormouth myself and will happily talk for hours on end about literally anything with almost anybody. In fact, it's one of the traits that girls notice in me first, how I will talk a lot about pretty much anything. I actually find that trait desirable in girls, as I love talking a lot myself. My last girlfriend was very quiet and it drove me nuts, I'd talk for ten minutes and she would often just listen and say very little. Gossip, however, is annoying, along with arguing for the sake of arguing, and talking over you, but I've never really met a girl whom I thought talks too much.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think so I like listening to my girlfriend (most of the time) and if I want her to stop I would just say

2|0
    0|0
  • Honestly..
    I would prefer a girl who kept talking..
    Because I love listening!..
    To all sorts of crap..
    I have this issue that I find pleasure in listening..
    In group chats or class I literally hardly speak and pay attention to every word..
    Sometime my teachers has doubt that because I didn't speak much I wasn't listening or lost in my world.
    And they asked a question..
    I answered.
    And they were like "I thought you weren't paying attention".
    I love silence too..
    But it's scary..
    And if voice is of a female its naturally more soothing to listen too for longer time.. 🤔🤔

3|0
    0|0
  • Pretty thick white girls like Jenna Shea gossip and char with their fellow white girls about how big fat and nice BBC is. Look up Jenna shea fellas she bad

1|0
    0|0
  • Let me put it this way, if I am quiet, people assume I am upset, sad or about to explode

1|0
    0|0
  • I think there is something to that. But I have a feeling that guys can do that too :)

1|0
    0|0
  • No... Not really. I am always asked... What are you thinking about... You are so quiet

1|0
    0|0
  • I like to talk and have a dialog. some talk too much, like they don't pause for air, or to allow someone into the discussion, so do some guys. I've had to literally had to ask for "talk breaks" from some people. It's one thing if it is up beat, but when she is puking her emotional guts out... it's all negative sadness and can't pull her out of it, that was difficult to handle... over and over. It's a workout.

I've heard girls get a dopamine hit from talking, so you all are just getting drugged up naturally with all your verbal connection. not sure if it's true for men.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's why guys have a penis, to put in her mouth to shut her up lol No i Like when a girl talks a lot i Think it's cute when she does especially if i find her attractive and I am into her. I am a talker myself, which i. feel. sometimes Girls like that about me cuz i. can hold. conversation with them. Girls brains r. wired different. from guys , so when i hear a. girl talking. like. crazy it's cute hearing. all the shit racing. through her. head at 1 Time , so it's a turn on to me cuz i Think her and I would have great conversations if we were to be in a. relationship. That's why personality is important in a relationship , someone who we. can relate to , and have great. conversations, if communication is. good. then the. relationship will more then likely be. good

2|0
    0|0
  • It's not just girls. Some people just need to shut the fuck up.

2|0
    0|0
  • I agree girls talk a lot more than boys, but it's cus their girls and I'm okay with girls that talk a lot

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the person, some girls are worth every second of attention while other are just victims of a bad case of logorrhea.

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel like people talk as much as people want. I don’t think gender has anything to do with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes they do i have to tell this mexican chick in my class to shut up everyday

1|0
    0|0
  • Some girls do sometimes.
    I personally speak more than most girls I know

1|0
    0|0
  • I am silent over 98% of the time.
    But people avoid me. I guess I still talk to much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not much when i use my mouth to blow a guy

1|3
    0|0
  • well yeah I always have something to say lol

1|0
    0|0
  • im really shy to talk much with people

1|0
    0|0
  • I should talk more to be honest

1|0
    0|0
  • If I like the girl, I can talk all week! 😁

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't shut up. I get it from my mum.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls DEFINITELY talk too much, and too often.

1|0
    1|0
  • Depends on the woman

1|0
    0|0
  • I talk way too much.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some do yes lol

1|0
    0|0
  • They talk big time why is that?