Why do girls care so much about their height?

It's so much more important for guys, maybe like 1 in 20 guys actually care about it, but with girls it's like 1 in 20 who don't care, I didn't think it's something girls cared about unless they were over 6ft

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Id prefer to be a bit taller. There are practical reasons and less practical reasons.

I literally need a step stool in my kitchen so I can reach stuff in the cabinets etc etc. I generally think taller is a little better for appeal so id like to be a couple inches taller, but its not something I think about often and it doesn't affect me negatively. I just go on about my day.

I would like to be able to reach shit on shelves at the grocery store without help from random strangers. I don't like that...

0|1
    0|0
  • We like feeling small, just like you guys like feeling tall. You can deny it all you want, but you like it just as much when she is smaller than you and looks more delicate.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's what I thought, but I see girls complaining about being too short, which is kind of baffling

• Well, if I were barely 150cm, I would complain too. 😂
      That height is the height of children, you can't reach shelves properly and makes finding clothes a hassle.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe they worry about looking to tall for guys of average height

0|1
    0|0
    • But if most girls don't date average height guys, why does that matter?

• Maybe they also feel that it makes them look big too or trouble finding clothes that fit right

• Yeah maybe

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'm really not bothered about my height I'm 5ft 4" and I'm fine with that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wish I was taller, about 5'7" or 5'8" because I'm only 5'6". I don't want to have to hurt my neck from tilting my head up every time I look one of the guys one the eye! Seriously, though, I don't like being as short as I am because it makes me feel less in control and kind of vulnerable to physical attack. Oh, the good old days when I was taller than most of the guys in my grade! And I know, it could be worse, but I still wish I was taller than I am right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe it is because they are insecure about their femininity, so they try to find taller men to make them feel small, which as odd as it is, is viewed as feminine in this culture.

Personally, I tend to associate being short with youth rather than femininity, and being tall with maturity rather than masculinity, but that is only my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • in my country women are quite obsessed with their height, especially short one, being tall is a sign of beauty here and they want to be taller / lie about their height often or try to fake being taller by wearing the right clothes and heels.

0|1
    0|0
  • Women like to date a guy who is taller most of the time. So when a girl is say 5'9 or 5'10 she might think that is too tall. It's a vanity metric in the end but one of the bigger ones.

1|1
    1|0
  • Because they find taller guys attractive, so they naturally think that we would find that attractive too. My girlfriend is a 5'3 knockout, but she gets insecure when she meets tall women, even if they aren't as pretty,

0|0
    0|0
  • In all honesty I'm about the same height of a man from my country so I avoid being taller. I'm OK with my height but I don't wish to increase it.

0|1
    0|0
  • The reason is because women are competitive about EVERYHING shallow. They also compete men against each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • They usually don't unless they are really tall or short.

0|0
    0|0
  • As someone who's nearly 6 ft tall I really had to learn to accept my beautiful height.

0|1
    2|0
  • Most don't. They only talk about it if a guy is incredibly tall or incredibly short.

0|0
    0|0
  • We like strong Mens.

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm 5'5 and I feel WAY TO TALL

0|0
    0|0
  • I dunno, I like my height though so I’ve never complained.

0|1
    0|0
  • Height gives the implication of power. There are other ways for men to be powerful, but height is the most clear cut first impression of power a man could have. Powerful men are irresistible to women, this is why, for example, French women dropped they boyfriends and husbands to be with the invading Germans who had just taken power. Therefore tall men are irresistable to women.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes