Girls... How do you feel when you get rejected?

Guys get turned down all the time, in one way or another-- making out, going out on a date, whatever... if and when it happens to you, what are you feeling and thinking?

Girls... How do you feel when you get rejected?
Updates:
Good answers so far, thanks. And do you think it's fair that guys get rejected so much more often than girls?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I've been struggling with rejection for a long time. I take it way too personally. But I've recently come to the realization that sometimes it's just not meant to be, you know? And we shouldn't feel bad. I mean, first of all, we do it the other way round too. And second, it means you're one step closer to finding your SO, right?

1|2
    0|0
  • I got rejected by 2 narcissists in the most brutal way that you can think of. They made me fall for them and then turned into the devil. One almost killed me... literally. He made me believe he wanted something special and then friendzoned me, bullied me and compared me to other women and the ex. When he would hit me he would tell me that I would never compare to the ex. That sad thing is when I tried to leave he would be manipulative through suicide and death threats. I'm in the healing process. I finally managed to leave and if comes back he will be going to jail. This all encourage me to look better for myself, but deep down I'm really insecure since he would call me ugly, fat and stupid💔 I don't think I could take another rejection. I have PTSD and I'm very heartbroken. I admit I have been very toxic lately, which is not a good thing to take in a relationship. I would be devastated if I were to be rejected because of my trauma. I don't wish that type of rejection on anyone.
    Also, I'm sorry buddy... I recognize that men tend to get rejected a lot... I feel you on that.

0|3
    0|0
  • Like anyone that gets turned down: like shit... excuse my language.

Yeah I've been turned down, friendzoned, and ignored way more times than I care to admit. I get angry, sad, depressed, question my attractiveness...

And eventually I accept he wasn't the right guy, and I get over it.

0|2
    0|0
  • i’m a more dramatic person honestly so rejection/failure is something i hate so it hurts my feelings quite a bit. you get over it though

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't usually care unless it's somebody I'm in a relationship with. To me, rejection is a normal part of life. The only ones who don't face rejection are the ones who have very low standards and chase undesirable people.

0|2
    0|2
    • That last line isn't necessarily true. People can have normal standards and still not age rejection.

• Well seeing how for every 1 guy that rejects me, 25 do not, its nothing.

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel ugly, unworthy, and not good enough.

Also it hurts my ego. Knowing that I'm not the person he likes.

1|1
    0|0
  • Pretty bad

And then everything becomes awkward after that.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's sad and puts you down, you feel worthless and wantcto be alone. I never approached a guy to get this feeling but it'a the same when I get banned by someone I like on Facebook.

1|2
    0|0
  • I feel like I'm unattractive or not good enough it some way. A bit humiliated.

1|3
    0|1
  • I've only been rejected once in my life, and it was the first time i ever asked a guy out. I felt humiliated and stopped asking people out after that, but then he came around.

0|1
    0|0
    • 7d

a good lesson. have to learn that even guys have up and down days, may change their mind. Can't take it personally, and have to take time and try again. that's where most women fail... they try once and are done.

• 7d

@lightbulb27 Well, it's not like I kept trying, I tried to move on but couldn't. We would interact as friends, and then one day he confessed his feelings.

• When I get turned down it's very discouraging so I don't keep trying.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd say it's a big annoying cause by the time I tell a guy I'm usually friends with them, but I do always stay friends

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't get rejected cus I only do short flings and those go great.

0|0
    1|0
    • Yeah not many people care that much about standards like personality when it comes to short term relationships

• And do guys get rejected more? Lol I don't really focus on that all that much. Not much in life is fair so who cares just move on to the next and keep living.

• I don’t get rejected, men love me

4|0
    1|1
  • Sad, hurt, insecure, lonely, hopeless.

2|2
    0|0
  • Personally, I deal with it well. You can't force anyones feelings for you. I just go the more safe side and thank them for being honest.

0|2
    0|0
  • I usually can get the hint easily. Like most people, I would be hurt for a little but get over it as time goes on.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hurts the ego

2|3
    0|0
  • Terribly embarrassed lol

0|1
    0|0
    • Why embarrassed?

• I guess it’s just rare that I would put myself out on a limb like that, and furthermore if I were to be shot down, it would be.

• It’s not fair but it’s just reality.

• I feel embarrassed

0|2
    0|0
  • Who would turn down this juiciness?

0|1
    0|0
  • They feel terrible and any female who denies God is great, I will reject her to her face.

0|0
    0|0
    • Um... sure dude

• Show All
    • 7d

I meant bring a woman my way, not by way.

• 6d

I have no idea what you're talking about. Have a nice day

• Homicidal

0|1
    0|0
  • They dont like it either

1|3
    0|0
  • Heartbroken

0|1
    0|0
  • I do all the rejecting lol

0|0
    3|9
  • Never happened to me, never will happen.

0|0
    2|7
    • Why not? You're never going to ask a guy out ever in your life? Or try to make out or have sex with a guy ever? You're always going to let him make the first move every single time?

• lol all the people that got rejected disliked my comment lmao, and no I don’t ask guys out. But I have made out and had sex before.

• I dunno I’ve never been rejected 😆

0|0
    2|1
  • Not heart broken, but naturally disappointed.

0|1
    0|0
  • wouldn't know and never will. Not risking shit. Yolo.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never been rejected because i never asked a guy out or showed him i was interested. I am reaaaalllllyyy shy, especially if i have a crush on a guy, l get so nervous and shy that I won't even look at him... and on the inside I just want him to talk to me lol

Its funny cause the guys I liked probably thought i really didn''t like them since I was too shy to stare at them

0|2
    0|0
    • Luckily though I did get asked out by my crushes a couple times yayy which was surprising.
      I'm single now and I have a little crush on this guy but i keep telling myself no because I don't feel good enough to be with him... sigh

• Show All
    • yup... then they don't and i just have to get over it lol

• 7d

Uh... okay

• Rejection sucks, no matter what your gender. Obvs I don't like being rejected, BUT, it is inevitable.
    Provided the rejection is delivered thoughtfully, and the person rejecting me is not a dick about it, I'm usually pretty ok.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t handle it well. When I tried to pursue guys, it’s because I thought they were interested in me. I always got rejected which was embarrassing and awkward after. I no longer pursue guys. It’s not worth it, if he wants to be with me, he’ll tell me. Plus it’s on the obvious side if I like a guy which should help his decision.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes