Girls, Are girls afraid to ask guys out?

Out do you just not want to, or have you been told not to, or do you not have to, I see a lot of women asking why this guy didn't ask her out and if she should move on and im just wondering why the girls dont just ask guy and that mean she really didn't even like him in the first place if she doesn't ask him out

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It depends on how they were taught and raised.

For me, I was raised that men chase women and both shoudl pursue a relationship when you're compatible. It could be their personality or their conservative and or traditional. I say stop trying to ask people out and learn to be friends first and get to know each other. Plus, girls would be seen as promiscuous and lustful if she is too bold to go after a guy. And some men do not like sexually forward women. So it depends on who she is, who he is, and what type of people everybody is pursuing. I just don't think it's wise for women to do that with strangers that they don't know. They often complain about the type of men they pick up, date and have sex with.

0|1
    0|0
  • In this society its taught to us from a young age that the guy is supposed to be the one to ask the girl out, so most girls just stick to this and are afraid to ask a guy out even if they like him just bc theyre scared of seeming too keen or theyre just waiting for the guy to ask. Bit of a problem if the guy is shy tho 😬 it puts too much pressure on them to make the first move

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• No, if I like him and he's usually pretty distant and has no idea then I'll approach him. I prefer him to ask me, since men should be the dominant ones, but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. I have no problem with asking a guy out.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not afraid per say. Just not desperate enough for a date to ask probably. πŸ‘

0|1
    0|0
    • 7d

So would you rather stay single then approach and ask a guy out?

• Show All
    • 7d

you could have just said that in the beginning

• 7d

If you asked I would have. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ People on here are not very clever. Smh

• Everyone is different. Cultures, beliefs, fears and so many aspects could play a role in the reason they choose either way.
    Personally, I have asked a man out. And I'd have no problem with it.

0|1
    0|0
  • This reminded me of Iliza Schesingers comedy special which was actually more like a useful guide for men about women, she replied to this question as well pretty accurate πŸ˜…

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes holy shit I’m so shy I can’t even smile at strangers I find attractive

1|1
    0|0
  • We are shy, more than boys so...

0|1
    0|0
  • My confidence is barely high even to approach anyone let alone a guy.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Terrified!

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Why?

• 7d

I think it’s human instinct to have the male make the first move. But also, I was picked on by a few mean guys growing up and it scarred me for life. Now I think all men think those thoughts about me, so I am crippled to make the first move.

Recommended myTakes