Do girls find only about 20% from the guy population attractive?

I feel like it is true and 20/80 rule can be applied here 🤔Do girls find only about 20% from the guy population attractive?
  • Yeah kinda
  • No you dumbass
  • Neither. Let me explain (`ー´)
    Vote C

611

Most Helpful Guys

• By default, yes, women won't even really recognize 80% of the male population as potential mates. They're kinda just objects that they may not even consciously recognize.

That doesn't mean they will only ever be interested in the top 20%. It just means that other guys that aren't in the 20% need to prove their value to them. So that dickless object that just moved, if he demonstrates he's really good at social interaction, he may suddenly become a potential mate. Even if he's in the bottom 50%.

Essentially, women's perception of which males are hot and which are not is entirely open to interpretation and revision. A super hot guy could be considered ugly as fuck--physically ugly--if he's a douchebag. Meanwhile, a super ugly guy could be considered super physically attractive.

Women see the physical body more as a metaphor than an actual object. Case and point: The 'dad bod'. That disgusting mess of self-loathing and a beer belly. For some reason, that served as a metaphor for "fatherhood potential." Likewise, with really huge, buff guys, it's not actually the muscles they're looking at and going "daaaaamn," it's what the muscles represent: strength, discipline, good genes, etc.

They'll also sexualize clothing, so the same guy dressed plainly may be perceived as ugly; while, the next day, if he dresses up, he suddenly becomes attractive.

You can see the difference in how males perceive female beauty and how females perceive male beauty with the tinder graph:

• 4 d ago

Dammit. Why put the picture link right next to the submit button? -_-;;;

• 4 d ago

As a guy that has used graphs to lie for a living on occasions I really like the use of axis scaling on that plot. Top notch bullshit right there.

• 4 d ago

@DDpsy Convincing argument. You must be really effective at lying to people, given your attention to detail and systematic arguments. "Bruh ur graph is dum." I hope they pay you well.

• In personality, mannerism, job, values etc. then I would say yes, the 20% rule would apply in men's attraction for many women. When it comes to looks however it's not true. Between 1 - 6% of the male population are physically attractive depending on the country and how much the men in the different cultures take care of their looks. I think you can say in a multi-ethnic area and if we're looking at the women between 18 - 35 years old you can say ca. 30% of the women are physically attractive. In men in the same age range in a multi-ethnic area it would maybe be only 10% or a bit less. In a little diverse area with little genetic diversity I would say women are ca. 20 - 25% while men are between 1 - 2%. The area I lives in women lies on ca. 20% while men on 1% in looks.

Women where I lives cares much more about personality, mannerism, job, values etc. than looks simply because of they've to focus on these things to be able to date. Men however can care about all of these things in addition to looks as they've a greater chance of finding a physically attractive woman. I knows about straight women agreeing with me.