Why do people say that personality is as (or more) important than looks?

I've found that to be a flat out lie. I believe that it's 55% looks and 45% personality. I cannot get Ana de arma because for one, I'm black and generally speaking I'm going to have a tough time getting attractive women like her because she's going to date within her race and two, I do not have the facial symmetry, facial structure, nor body genetics to attract a girl like that. I've had girls tell me that personality is the most important thing and that any girl would be lucky because of my personality and when I ask them to date me, they freeze. So, why falsely advertise? To virtue signal?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks are so important for an initial attraction! But a personality makes you light up and is priceless! A fact of life is that you will end up with someone you already have met!
    Granted looks have to be there to initiate a chat! But I’ve never found anything as attractive has a personality. I’m a woman and I use my personality. It my looks and it’s got me so far!

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

You need initial attraction to start a relationship. Why focus on keeping the relationship? Shouldn’t the focus be on actually getting into one? Why advertise things that can change when it’s the things that are the hardest to change (facial genetics, facial symmetry) that are the most important?

• 7 d ago

I totally agree... why advertise your looks that change within 24 hours as you wake up and your make up and lashes are on the pillow!!!
      I have a big nose and get told I’m the spitting image of Helena Christensen and davina macall... I wear no make up and love my nose and my so called flaws!
      But go to bed with me after meeting me drunk in a club... you’ll wake up to the same person!

Most Helpful Guy

• Ya its definitely a lie
    Looks are first for pretty much most people

Then comes the rest
    now dont get confused when we say looks. We dont mean the hottest guy in the room, no. We simply mean you have to be physically attracted to the person for it to work independent of how awesome their personality is

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Personality really is more important for a long-term relationship but looks will attract someone initially.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks may be the reason someone gets attention in the first place, but once you´re there, only personality can make it last.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

If that’s so, that would mean that looks are vital since you have to be able to approach woman in order to date one. If that is so, why advertise all of these techniques for personality traits when you need to learn and study what facial genetics are the most appealing to girls?

• 7 d ago

Of course looks are vital. A good looking person gets so many more chances than the not so good looking. Which is not to say they stand a better chance of actually hitting it off. There are a lot of research into what physical traits are generally seen as appealing to the opposite gender.

• Girls say that because they think it makes them sound like nice people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they’re liars. And it’s probably 75% looks, 25% personality

0|0
    0|0
    • 6 d ago

That’s what I originally though. The 75/25 rule. But from further inspection, I saw that personality really did play a bigger role than I first imagined. The dude showing dark triad personality traits was seen as the most attractive. However, this would be useless if you do not have the looks.

• Only chicks say that nonsense..

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you consider that to be false advertising? Your opinion doesn't reflect everyone else's views. Just so you know

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

Because looks make up the majority of dating and falling in love with a person. I cannot get instagram models for a reason, so why falsely advertise that if I simply change my personality and add a skin care routine that I can? What do you mean my opinion doesn't reflect everyone else's? It reflects what hot girls think and since those are the girls I want to date, then that is the truth.

• 7 d ago

most hot girls*

Recommended myTakes