Why do people say that personality is as (or more) important than looks?

I've found that to be a flat out lie. I believe that it's 55% looks and 45% personality. I cannot get Ana de arma because for one, I'm black and generally speaking I'm going to have a tough time getting attractive women like her because she's going to date within her race and two, I do not have the facial symmetry, facial structure, nor body genetics to attract a girl like that. I've had girls tell me that personality is the most important thing and that any girl would be lucky because of my personality and when I ask them to date me, they freeze. So, why falsely advertise? To virtue signal?

53

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks are so important for an initial attraction! But a personality makes you light up and is priceless! A fact of life is that you will end up with someone you already have met!
    Granted looks have to be there to initiate a chat! But I’ve never found anything as attractive has a personality. I’m a woman and I use my personality. It my looks and it’s got me so far!

• 7 d ago

You need initial attraction to start a relationship. Why focus on keeping the relationship? Shouldn’t the focus be on actually getting into one? Why advertise things that can change when it’s the things that are the hardest to change (facial genetics, facial symmetry) that are the most important?

• 7 d ago

I totally agree... why advertise your looks that change within 24 hours as you wake up and your make up and lashes are on the pillow!!!
      I have a big nose and get told I’m the spitting image of Helena Christensen and davina macall... I wear no make up and love my nose and my so called flaws!
      But go to bed with me after meeting me drunk in a club... you’ll wake up to the same person!

Most Helpful Guy

• Ya its definitely a lie
    Looks are first for pretty much most people

Then comes the rest
    now dont get confused when we say looks. We dont mean the hottest guy in the room, no. We simply mean you have to be physically attracted to the person for it to work independent of how awesome their personality is